ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3125 of 4818
« First < 2125262530253075311531213122312331243125 312631273128312931353175322536254125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:00 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Russell Wilson has won one playoff game in the last 5 years and that lone win was over Josh McCown.

He’s been drastically underwhelming
He's a regular Alex Smith
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:01 PM 08-26-2022
It's a "what have you done for me lately" league...Moobs got a new OC last season too...and had his worst season.

He's trying it again this year...but with all new players.

He missed the post-season entirely last year...so this is the timeline of his previous season and half worth of work. This is where he is currently at...in 2020, Wilson started out on fire...this is how it ended.

Wilson's 40.7% completion rate on 11-of-27 passing in Seattle's wild-card loss was tied for the second-lowest of his career, while his 17.6 Total QBR was his worst in 16 career playoff games,

When asked about the Seahawks' offensive regression after their hot start, Carroll said they didn't adjust well enough to how opponents were defending their deep passing in the play-action game, traditionally a big part of Seattle's success.

Over the final eight weeks of the regular season, Seattle's points-per-game average dropped to 22.6 (which was 16th) and Wilson threw 12 TD passes (tied for 13th).

"That doesn't mean we throw the ball over their head all of the time and going for just bombs," Carroll said. "But there's a lot of space we create in the play-passing game, and it seemed like during the course of the season, after the halfway point, we had hit so much early, we had been so effective that people found a way to stay back and just try to bleed us and make us have to throw the ball underneath, and we were maybe really going for it more than we needed to and didn't take advantage of switching gears a bit there as effectively as we would like."

Wilson has been exposed and his decline has started...Seattle knew...it's why they moved him. He's going to have to reinvent himself...on a worse team.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:05 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Yes. The 49ers gave up three #1 picks for an unproven Trey Lance. I don't see why Denver wouldn't give up that for a 9x Pro Bowl QB, who's still in his prime and who plans on playing for the next decade.

Jimmy G probably would've been.

I know you don't believe this, but it's true: Denver has a Super Bowl caliber roster right now. The only thing they were missing is an elite QB. Russell Wilson thought the same thing, which is why he chose to come to Denver over many other suitors.
First off...who were all the suitors?

2nd...besides fans like you, who thinks that it's a SB caliber roster? PFF has it ranked 14th right now. CBS has it at 11. ESPN = 14.

Guess they're not quite as impressed by Jeudy/Sutton's two combined TDs as you are?
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:20 PM 08-26-2022
Denver has a Super Bowl caliber roster right now.
Can you please break down your SB caliber roster and pinpoint the standout positional groups?

Inquiring minds want to know the metal processes of a super-fan...
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:23 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Agreed.
Mr. Mile High Mania, you seem like a good-natured guy who rolls with the punches with a smile on your face. I'm going to make it my personal mission to convert you to Chiefsianity.

Turn your back on the demonic Donks, Mr. MHM. Come to the LIGHT. Come to the CHIEFS. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:28 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Mr. Mile High Mania, you seem like a good-natured guy who rolls with the punches with a smile on your face. I'm going to make it my personal mission to convert you to Chiefsianity.

Turn your back on the demonic Donks, Mr. MHM. Come to the LIGHT. Come to the CHIEFS. :-)
Good luck with all that...
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:30 PM 08-26-2022
"Ordinary" stats.

So these are the only numbers that can indicate regression? Hm.

Did his numbers drop dramatically in the second half of 2020? Yes or no.

Have his rushing numbers dropped dramatically? Yes or no.

Is mobility important to his success? Yes or no.

Did he suck total ass in his last playoff game? Yes or no.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:37 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:

In order for MHM to reclaim his soul...he has to first recognize there is a problem.

It's like cult memebers...that only after being removed from their previous environment...do they realize the evil they were indoctrinated into.

Right now...MHM still believes their SBs are legit...and the Donks have never cheated...it'll takes years of intense, introspective therapy to unwind that cluster of rationalizations and denial.

Maybe one day...he'll realize he's been living a lie...a gross, disgusting, vile football lie.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:44 PM 08-26-2022
I can tell by that post that you're interested in my proposal and that deep down inside you're screaming for me to save you! I WON'T LET YOU DOWN!!
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:34 PM 08-26-2022
I agree. Some souls just can't be saved. To football purgatory for you.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:47 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
So these are the only numbers that can indicate regression? Hm.

Have his rushing numbers dropped dramatically? Yes or no.

Are you talking about Mahomes here? The only one that doesn't fit is the rushing numbers.

First half of 2020 (9 of his 18 games played): 25 TDs, 1 INT
Second half of 2020: 17 TDs, 7 INTs

Have his rushing numbers dropped dramatically? Yes or no. Pretty close to the same.

[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:06 PM 08-26-2022
I think Wilson is a really good QB but he's not some incredible game changer that makes them some top SB contender. AFC is not the NFC at all. He won't be winning 14-10 defensive battles. He will have to score more points than he ever has just to make the playoffs. Metcalf and Locket are better than Sutton and Judy.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 03:13 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I think Wilson is a really good QB but he's not some incredible game changer that makes them some top SB contender. AFC is not the NFC at all. He won't be winning 14-10 defensive battles. He will have to score more points than he ever has just to make the playoffs. Metcalf and Locket are better than Sutton and Judy.
We’re going to see just how much of a game changer Russell Wilson is, not only by how much he improves Denver, but by how awful Seattle looks this year without him.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:21 PM 08-26-2022
Bills had a top 5 defense and Josh Allen and we still beat them. Still put up 30+ points.

Russ and a weaker surrounding team won’t get the job done, especially with no early draft picks
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:01 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Are you talking about Mahomes here? The only one that doesn't fit is the rushing numbers.

First half of 2020 (9 of his 18 games played): 25 TDs, 1 INT
Second half of 2020: 17 TDs, 7 INTs

Have his rushing numbers dropped dramatically? Yes or no. Pretty close to the same.

So much "fail" in this post...

I see you're factoring in the postseason. In that case, you should mention that he missed half a game in the playoffs and didn't play in week 17. So, based on his average throughout the year, that's another 3-4 TDs. 25 to 21 is not a dramatic drop, no. Considering that the entire OL was injured during that time and they were playing 3rd string tackles, I'd have expected worse.

Now 28-12? Yeah. That's dramatic.

Please don't compare their playoff performances. Wilson completed 11 friggin passes in that game for under 41%, threw a pick 6, and was losing to Wolford/Goff 30-13 before a garbage time TD. It was a Tyler Palko-level performance.

Mahomes was amazing in the first half vs the Bengals and finished the game with almost 300 yds and 67%. He just made a few shitty plays in the 2nd half.

And if Russack had already won two postseason games the same year, with 782 yds, 8 TDs/1 INT in those two games...and if he had just dropped 42 on the #1 defense and scored with 13 seconds left to beat one of the top teams in the league...then I'd probably cut him some slack for that one. But not only did Wilson do nothing of the sort, he hasn't done jack in the playoffs in 5 years. 1 win and the defense won it.

It's funny that you guys deny the regression. In the first several games that year, Wilson regularly put up 300+. In the last 5 games, he averaged 181.

It's okay to admit that there was a steep dropoff. It won't kill you.
[Reply]
Page 3125 of 4818
« First < 2125262530253075311531213122312331243125 312631273128312931353175322536254125 > Last »
Up