ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Blindside block
SupDock 11:24 AM 12-06-2021

How is that a blindside block. He is clearly blocking in the direction the ball is moving and not parallel or backwards.

It is a foul if a player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:16 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If that's not legal, there are a whole lot of interior blocks that aren't legal. I'd certainly be hesitant to pull a guard.
Interior blocks are exempted under "close-line play," although I think it has to occur within the tackle box. A pulling guard on the edge I believe is subject to the rule.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:18 PM 12-06-2021
You can't crack back as a wr. Hienz Warding a guy
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:18 PM 12-06-2021
You know what is super lame is the idea that the must physical wins.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:26 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Its a penalty all day. People want the old football back but those days are gone. Smart people will see blocks like this and not let their kids play football.
What part of the blindside block rule talks about launching?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:28 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
What part of the blindside block rule talks about launching?
Rule 3.6 no launching into the player
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:30 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
My question is how do you block there then? Do you just not block?
You've just got to get in the guy's way or you can break down for a normal block, kind of like a pass blocking set.

I understand how this one could be considered controversial as Hitch was technically facing their end zone, not ours, but this is kind of a common sense ruling to me. The spirit of the rule change was to prevent plays exactly like this since they are pretty dangerous.

Luckily the Bronco was a big boy. Imagine if that was a WR like a Tyreek Hill or something that Hitchens was able to unload on like that with his body going one direction and his neck craned the other way..
[Reply]
ghak99 01:34 PM 12-06-2021
I don't think it was illegal, but it looked bad so the zebras had to go all Karen on it. It's what the NFL is now, a bitch version of its previous self. He even kept his feet on the ground so it doesn't really fit the description of other illegal blocks.

If you want to get right down to it, pulling guards are probably making a lot of illegal blocks based on the parallel and reversing language when they smash into a DB or safety on the edge.

I'm not even a Hitchens fan, but I'm not going to fault him for blowing up a donkey in that situation.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:37 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Rule 3.6 no launching into the player

(d) illegally launching into him. It is an illegal launch if a player (i) leaves both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward
into his opponent, and (ii) uses any part of his helmet to initiate forcible contact against any part of his opponent’s body. (This does not apply to contact against a runner, unless the runner is still considered to be a defenseless player, as defined in Article 9).

It doesn’t meet that definition, and that’s not even what he was flagged for.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:37 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I don't think it was illegal, but it looked bad so the zebras had to go all Karen on it. It's what the NFL is now, a bitch version of its previous self. He even kept his feet on the ground so it doesn't really fit the description of other illegal blocks.

If you want to get right down to it, pulling guards are probably making a lot of illegal blocks based on the parallel and reversing language when they smash into a DB or safety on the edge.

I'm not even a Hitchens fan, but I'm not going to fault him for blowing up a donkey in that situation.
This is exactly what I think. It looked bad so they flagged it.
[Reply]
digger 12-06-2021, 01:39 PM
This message has been deleted by digger. Reason: NFL block outside of youtube...
digger 01:42 PM 12-06-2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH5wnPzZ1HQ

False Start of Patrick...
[Reply]
mabbott 01:51 PM 12-06-2021
I agree with those that feel "it looked bad so it was a penalty"...

I immediately sent a text that said that is a penalty but it is SO WORTH IT!!!

The Donks were playing dirty all night and I felt something like this was definitely needed.

Also, Thornhill should have just went down after seeing the play wasn't going anywhere.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:53 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
HELL YEAH
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:56 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
HELL YEAH
This is for Okoye, bitch.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:07 PM 12-06-2021
He's listed at 312 and hitchens at 231 lol
[Reply]
JakeF 02:49 PM 12-06-2021
It was a bullshit penalty, the Denver player was looking right at the blocker. He didn't use his helmet, either. If the Denver guy doesn't go down like he was destroyed, it's not called.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up