ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ned Beatty Dead at 83 Years Old
Tribal Warfare 04:21 PM 06-13-2021

JUST IN: Oscar-nominated character actor Ned Beatty dies: Reporthttps://t.co/oRbNJq3Mvk pic.twitter.com/VPkdsNx88Y

— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) June 13, 2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:18 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This piece of trivia hits it home. Brad Pitt was older in World War Z than Wilfred Brimley was in Cocoon.
In fairness, Brimley was 50-51 when he made Cocoon. He was playing a character who was supposed to be around 65-70. and did a superb job of that.
[Reply]
wazu 01:09 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
In fairness, Brimley was 50-51 when he made Cocoon. He was playing a character who was supposed to be around 65-70. and did a superb job of that.
Yeah but still. He was in other stuff at the time and I don't remember him ever looking as young as I picture 50/51.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:10 PM 06-14-2021
I totally forgot about Rudy and playing the father. As most people I think of Deliverance will always be his most famous role, and it was his first movie part. I really liked him in Silver Streak as the detective on the train. In that film every star in the film as died, Ned Beatty, Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor, Jill Clayburgh, Patrick McGoohan, Ray Walston, Fred Willard and Clifton James, such an all-star cast and they're all gone. I actually saw that movie in the theater twice in 1976 when it came out, it was a dramaedy, but more comedy. That film had so many outstanding scenes, this scene doesn't contain Ned, but the late Clifton James as the Sheriff and he finds out that Gene Wilder is a killer and is sitting in the next room.

One of my all time favorite movies is Network, the main character is TV anchor Howard Beale and I use that name as a screen name on a couple of boards. There comes a time when Howard Beale on his daily TV show is ranting against the Arabs and the Japanese conglomerates that own the network, and Ned Beatty plays the TV executive who comes in to scare the shit out of Howard Beale. It sort like the Alec Baldwin rant in Glen Gary Glen Ross, you'll always remember that part. Here it is.

[Reply]
Frazod 01:36 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Based on my age, Ned Beatty will always be Rudy's father to me. I know that he was in a lot more prominent roles in his career, but that's who Ned Beatty is to me.
Based on my age, he'll always be Otis from Superman.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 05:49 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by D.A.P.:
A National Treasure gone.
That was Nicolas Cage.
[Reply]
HayWire 03:47 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Based on my age, he'll always be Otis from Superman.
Very much this.

And I hate starting anything with "based on my age"
[Reply]
Frazod 05:31 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by βearcat:
Very much this.

And I hate starting anything with "based on my age"
I hear you. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:33 AM 06-15-2021
Based on my age he will always be Lotsa Huggin Bear....
[Reply]
bitjenifer121 06-15-2021, 05:56 AM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat. Reason: spammy
HayWire 05:59 AM 06-15-2021
Banhammer!

Where's my buttons?

Someone annoint me the next mod and I'll take the garbage out.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:26 AM 06-15-2021
I always loved his work, but when I saw Network I realized how good he really was. Usually played buffoons (well) but he had some serious range. I'm actually surprised his career wasn't even bigger. I have to assume he did a lot of theatre.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:34 AM 06-15-2021

[Reply]
TLO 07:58 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by bitjenifer121:
Order your miner today Our Mining branch warehouse are located in the China depending on the models ordered, your order will be shipped from these logistics centres

World delivery 2-14 days

(apextominer.com)

Отправлено с моего SM-G965F через Tapatalk
Banhammer!

Where's my buttons?

God dammit
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:30 AM 06-15-2021
Banhammer!

Where's my buttons?

You have a button! :-)

And that reminds me, it's been a few days since I changed it.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:39 PM 06-15-2021
Based on my age I will always remember Ned as Stanley "The Big Man" on Homicide Life on the Streets. He was only on for a couple of years in the middle of the series run. I don't watch any TV series, more on sports and reality type shows.

On this clip from '95 Ned's doing a scene with Melissa Leo. On a side note Leo had a kid with actor John Heard in the 80s and in the mid 90s Heard started stalking her in Baltimore where the show was filmed. He was arrested and locked up. John Heard died at age 71, he played the father in Home Alone.

[Reply]
HayWire 03:04 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You have a button! :-)

And that reminds me, it's been a few days since I changed it.
That damn button is no longer magical.

It's the same damn squirrel video.

Let me ban some bitches

Moar buttons
Most buttons
Moar buttons
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up