ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ned Beatty Dead at 83 Years Old
Tribal Warfare 04:21 PM 06-13-2021

JUST IN: Oscar-nominated character actor Ned Beatty dies: Reporthttps://t.co/oRbNJq3Mvk pic.twitter.com/VPkdsNx88Y

— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) June 13, 2021

[Reply]
eDave 08:06 PM 06-13-2021
Character actors are the best actors.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:12 PM 06-13-2021
Network holds up so well today. It's pretty incredible what a predictor of the future it was.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:14 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Network holds up so well today. It's pretty incredible what a predictor of the future it was.
Yea. No shit. Amazing movie.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:16 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
He was brave to do that scene in Deliverance. Not every actor would do that. And the bad guy who was making him squeal also played the bad guy -Capt. Terrell- in Outlaw Josey Wales.

No way I would have done that either.

Clint Eastwood loved that guy...he was in one of my favorite movies Thunderbolt & Lightfoot.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:18 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
He squealed like a pig until the bitter end. RIP

RIP
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:51 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
He squealed like a pig until the bitter end. RIP
Ohhhh, THAT movie.

Man, Burt died not long ago. Short life. RIP
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:29 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
He was brave to do that scene in Deliverance. Not every actor would do that. And the bad guy who was making him squeal also played the bad guy -Capt. Terrell- in Outlaw Josey Wales.
Man, that scene had to be pretty appalling to early 70s audiences. Even when Tarantino riffed on it in Pulp Fiction it was shocking.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:40 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Man, that scene had to be pretty appalling to early 70s audiences. Even when Tarantino riffed on it in Pulp Fiction it was shocking.

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:31 AM 06-14-2021
Based on my age, Ned Beatty will always be Rudy's father to me. I know that he was in a lot more prominent roles in his career, but that's who Ned Beatty is to me.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:34 AM 06-14-2021
I find it amazing that he was only 83. I thought he seemed kind of old when I was a kid.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:36 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I find it amazing that he was only 83. I thought he seemed kind of old when I was a kid.
Baldness and dadbod in your mid-30s will do that.

Plus, since his 'heyday' there was been a sea change in people maintaining 'youthful' looks for longer. Back in the 70s, people in their 30s started dressing and carrying themselves 'like grownups' making them look older.

Imagine if Jenifer Aniston spent the last 25 years with Carole Burnett's hairdo.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:45 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Baldness and dadbod in your mid-30s will do that.

Plus, since his 'heyday' there was been a sea change in people maintaining 'youthful' looks for longer. Back in the 70s, people in their 30s started dressing and carrying themselves 'like grownups' making them look older.

Imagine if Jenifer Aniston spent the last 25 years with Carole Burnett's hairdo.
Yeah, agreed. I see pictures of my grandparents at my age, and I sure hope that I look younger than them. I don't know if that's my generational bias or differences in society, but the differences exist.

Of course, when I was a kid anyone between the ages of 25 and 50 looked generally alike, too, just because I lumped them into the bin of "adult and not yet senior".
[Reply]
KS Smitty 11:35 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The entire movie was quite a shocker, it's still pretty unnerving.

I think I've liked every movie he was in. RIP
[Reply]
Al Czervik 11:44 AM 06-14-2021
OTISBURG????

RIP Ned....Great Talent!!!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:07 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, agreed. I see pictures of my grandparents at my age, and I sure hope that I look younger than them. I don't know if that's my generational bias or differences in society, but the differences exist.

Of course, when I was a kid anyone between the ages of 25 and 50 looked generally alike, too, just because I lumped them into the bin of "adult and not yet senior".
This piece of trivia hits it home. Brad Pitt was older in World War Z than Wilfred Brimley was in Cocoon.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up