ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Craig Stout: Chris Jones has been lining up at DE a TON at OTAs.
Direckshun 05:02 PM 05-28-2021
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Honestly, I’d rather keep him along the interior where he is elite. But Stout mentioned that the base DL is Jones and Clark on the edges with Reed and Nnadi along the interior.

That’s a big risk the team is taking, and the early returns in spot duty last year were not encouraging.

But Stout mentions that Jones has slimmed down a ton as well, clearly prepared to take a stronger role at RDE.

Maybe the most important thing to watch for our defense.

He also mentions Humphrey is your starting center.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:06 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Um, there's no balance here at all.

Every thread you start lately is tinged with doubt and worry.
Shrug.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338474
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Shrug.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338474
:-)

You have 1. Time for more.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:16 AM 06-01-2021

And that 1 was hours AFTER he posted this thread and said he’s comfortable with his “balance”

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:41 AM 06-01-2021
I really don't get some people.

What are the reasons we lost the SB?

1) Orange parking cones would've slowed down the Bucs pass rush better than the guys we had out there
2) Officials decided to call PI if a defensive player so much as looked at a WR wrong.

So Veach goes out and completely rebuilds the offensive line.

Now we're really worried about 'what if they play Jones at DE'.

Good lord, people.

We fixed problem #1. Can't do much about #2.

Does anybody really think that barring a rash of key injuries this isn't a team poised for another SB run? Because it is.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I really don't get some people.

What are the reasons we lost the SB?

1) Orange parking cones would've slowed down the Bucs pass rush better than the guys we had out there
2) Officials decided to call PI if a defensive player so much as looked at a WR wrong.

So Veach goes out and completely rebuilds the offensive line.

Now we're really worried about 'what if they play Jones at DE'.

Good lord, people.

We fixed problem #1. Can't do much about #2.

Does anybody really think that barring a rash of key injuries this isn't a team poised for another SB run? Because it is.
Well, our front 7 got it's dick kicked in as well, but that was overshadowed by the offensive issues.

They did what they could.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:23 AM 06-01-2021

I think I’m just going to post what I’m going to post and you can choose to critique the posting style of an Internet stranger or you can live with it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think I’m just going to post what I’m going to post and you can choose to critique the posting style of an Internet stranger or you can live with it.
You go ahead and do you. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't post. If you want to whine about everything, go ahead. I'm not going to stop you. I'm also not going to keep my mouth shut, either.

We all have our things.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:49 PM 06-01-2021
You go ahead and do you. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't post. If you want to whine about everything, go ahead. I'm not going to stop you. I'm also not going to keep my mouth shut, either.

We all have our things.
That’s fair.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:10 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Dominating now (especially on defense) is more impressive than dominating decades ago.
Maybe, if you're arguing nuances of positions but I'd argue you're wrong in this assumption.

DTs and ERs that rack up big sack totals now probably wouldn't have done the same 30 years ago when there was a larger focus on running the football. That's what makes what John Randle did in terms of sacks just a tad bit more impressive than what Donald has done, in my mind. If Donald plays as long, he surely passes Randle in sacks but he will have a lot more passing plays against him to have pulled it off. That and I think you look at the type of more complete DT you had to be at that point to stop the rushing attacks. So, the way Donald dominates is not the same and not necessarily equivalent to the past.

I think, when you look at the off-ball linebacker in today's NFL then yes, it's a harder game that requires better coverage skills and more speed/quickness than in the past. The days of thumpers that will damn near kill you over the middle and fire downhill often to attack the run are pretty well a thing of the past. Today's linebackers are dominant in different ways. You don't get to see the big, smashing hits and nasty players going toe-to-toe with offensive guards much but you do get to see a more athletic player do great things in stringing out and stopping outside zone and covering bigger TEs in space and so forth. Is it less impressive at how dominant a player was 30 years ago at the position? I don't think so. I couldn't imagine guys like Fred Warner, Darius Leonard, and Deion Jones having been the players they are now in the 70's and 80's. I certainly doubt they would have made it as linebackers.

The list goes on, right. Just different times, different player types, highly evolved offenses, etc. It's always hard to say "best player of all time" at any position. We don't really know how good player x would be in place of player y if they played in opposite eras.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:14 PM 06-03-2021

Steve Spagnuolo said they will play Chris Jones on the outside, and it sounds as though it will be quite a bit. That's been assumed. Now it's been said.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) June 3, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:18 PM 06-03-2021

Spags, just said with Chris Jones, the amount he may slide out to DE in a given week could be determined by who the #chiefs are playing.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) June 3, 2021

[Reply]
Kiimo 12:02 PM 06-04-2021
This podcast with Craig, Matt and Kent talks all about this in detail

But what they say about LB is even crazier.

I started it when they start talking about Hitchens
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 PM 06-04-2021
Not surprising about Hitchens, many of us have said the same thing. The ability to call Spags' defense in real time from the field cannot be underestimated.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:17 PM 06-04-2021
I didn't like the Bolton pick and was convinced how good he is but also I thought either Gay or Bolton would eventually be Hitchens' replacement.

If he gets another contract then I have to say I don't really understand the Bolton pick when Terrace Marshall was on the board. I trust Veach and maybe Marshall's injury is bad? We'll see I guess
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I didn't like the Bolton pick and was convinced how good he is but also I thought either Gay or Bolton would eventually be Hitchens' replacement.

If he gets another contract then I have to say I don't really understand the Bolton pick when Terrace Marshall was on the board. I trust Veach and maybe Marshall's injury is bad? We'll see I guess
I honestly thought Bolton would replace Hitchens but maybe they plan on playing Bolton on the weak side?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up