ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Craig Stout: Chris Jones has been lining up at DE a TON at OTAs.
Direckshun 05:02 PM 05-28-2021
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Honestly, I’d rather keep him along the interior where he is elite. But Stout mentioned that the base DL is Jones and Clark on the edges with Reed and Nnadi along the interior.

That’s a big risk the team is taking, and the early returns in spot duty last year were not encouraging.

But Stout mentions that Jones has slimmed down a ton as well, clearly prepared to take a stronger role at RDE.

Maybe the most important thing to watch for our defense.

He also mentions Humphrey is your starting center.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:04 PM 05-28-2021
What do we have here?

More of the fucking idiot Direckshun questioning a great coaching staff and front office.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:06 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What do we have here?

More of the ****ing idiot Direckshun questioning a great coaching staff and front office.
Buck up, buddy. Life is too short to track literally one internet stranger and shit on him all the time.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:07 PM 05-28-2021
Agree with Direck. I’d rather leave him
Inside where we know without a doubt he’s elite.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:09 PM 05-28-2021
Only a fucking moron thinks that Jones will be playing outside on passing downs. This is simply a way to get your best 4 (Clark, Nnadi, Reed, Jones) on early downs. That’s all.

In no way is it a “big risk” either, considering it’s not permanent/irreversible.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:09 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Agree with Direck. I’d rather leave him
Inside where we know without a doubt he’s elite.
This is for run downs...

The Chiefs think they can get something from Taco Charlton in pass downs, he had a 20% pressure rate last year which is really good.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:11 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is for run downs...

The Chiefs think they can get something from Taco Charlton in pass downs, he had a 20% pressure rate last year which is really good.
Jones needs to completely remake his run defense if that’s the case.

He will still slide down into DT for passing downs.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:13 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Buck up, buddy. Life is too short to track literally one internet stranger and shit on him all the time.
Your thread is at the top of the page, and somehow that means I’m “tracking” you?

All I’m doing is pointing out a pattern of you starting threads that are almost always questioning either the staff or FO, which is the best in the business.

If you don’t want to be called out for being an idiot, try learning something for once.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:14 PM 05-28-2021
Only a ****ing moron thinks that Jones will be playing outside on passing downs. This is simply a way to get your best 4 (Clark, Nnadi, Reed, Jones) on early downs. That’s all.

In no way is it a “big risk” either, considering it’s not permanent/irreversible.
The logic Stout trotted out is that Reed is actually a good pass rusher and a stout run defender, whereas Jones gives you a ton more pressure-ability on the edge than anybody else on the roster.

Which, I don’t know, sure.

I don’t know what talent Jones has that translates to the edge. But maybe the weight loss unlocks dormant abilities I didn’t know about it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:14 PM 05-28-2021
Your thread is at the top of the page, and somehow that means I’m “tracking” you?

All I’m doing is pointing out a pattern of you starting threads that are almost always questioning either the staff or FO, which is the best in the business.

If you don’t want to be called out for being an idiot, try learning something for once.
I think I’m comfortable with the balance I’ve struck.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:15 PM 05-28-2021
This is really no big surprise, pretty much assumed it would happen when we signed Reed. Nnadi is the best run defender on the roster and this is really about putting your best guys on the field as much as possible. Our best 3 lineman happen to all be DTs so you adjust accordingly.

He’ll play outside on 1st and 2nd down and move inside with Reed on passing downs. It makes sense.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:15 PM 05-28-2021
Unless the Chiefs are going to sign an end this is inevitable. They are sitting there with a ton of DT depth while DE doesn't have that.

Kaindoh isn't ready..Taco probably shouldn't get massive reps because of his injury past so you're now at Clark and Danna.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:27 PM 05-28-2021
and maybe they like Ward, he flashed in week 17.

And I am pretty sure they'll sign a vet before the season starts, too.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:29 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and maybe they like Ward, he flashed in week 17.

And I am pretty sure they'll sign a vet before the season starts, too.
Ward is probably the least talked about guy that we should all be discussing more for 2021.

He absolutely flashed in that week 17 game.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:31 PM 05-28-2021
Ward is probably the least talked about guy that we should all be discussing more for 2021.

He absolutely flashed in that week 17 game.
Does he make the roster right now?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Up