ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any George Lynch fans out there??
petegz28 08:33 PM 09-19-2012

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:40 AM 09-20-2012
I think the single most-interesting factoid about Lynch is that he once auditioned for Ozzy and in the process, it was discovered he couldn't read or write music. Lynch said he visualizes the fretboard in shapes (I believe Stevie Ray Vaughan once said he did the same thing).

In a decade where Lynch's contemporaries were all into advanced theory and studying at music institutes, he couldn't even read notes on a staff...
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:41 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Kip Winger

Dane will back me up.....
Kip Winger is a great musician actually. So is Reb Beach who played guitar on those albums.

They won't hesitate to tell you how great they really are, though. Kip Winger has a pretty big ego...
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:41 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by petegz28:
One of the best 80's metal guitarists, imo...

Warren DiMartini of Ratt
Yep.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:49 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kip Winger is a great musician actually. So is Reb Beach who played guitar on those albums.

They won't hesitate to tell you how great they really are, though. Kip Winger has a pretty big ego...
Yea, a lot of the lyrics on a lot of bands from that era are pretty juvenile and make me cringe now, but the musicianship was pretty strong. I think it was just the trendy thing to do was to write songs about girls and appealed to girls.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:11 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea, a lot of the lyrics on a lot of bands from that era are pretty juvenile and make me cringe now, but the musicianship was pretty strong. I think it was just the trendy thing to do was to write songs about girls and appealed to girls.
Musicianship died when grunge took the scene...

We have yet circled back to guys that can actually play instruments anymore.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:11 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Biggest joke next to Poison
CC can tickle the 6 string.... He is fantastic live.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:12 AM 09-20-2012

Saw him twice with Whitesnake recently and saw him at the orginal Rocklahoma with Winger...

Dude can seriously play the guitar...
[Reply]
Bane 09:15 AM 09-20-2012
Yes,Mr Scary was a motherfucker!!!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:19 AM 09-20-2012
I think the single most-interesting factoid about Lynch is that he once auditioned for Ozzy and in the process, it was discovered he couldn't read or write music. Lynch said he visualizes the fretboard in shapes (I believe Stevie Ray Vaughan once said he did the same thing).

In a decade where Lynch's contemporaries were all into advanced theory and studying at music institutes, he couldn't even read notes on a staff...
That is not only common but untrue as to why he didn't get the gig.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:20 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:

:-)

What a load of horseshit.
[Reply]
Brock 09:24 AM 09-20-2012

Yeah, right. You're a fan of crap like Warrant where nobody actually plays on the record, they just posed for the cover.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:32 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Brock:
Yeah, right. You're a fan of crap like Warrant where nobody actually plays on the record, they just posed for the cover.
You dont know what I am a fan or not a fan of...

You can keep you horseshit comments that you actually know what I like to yourself...
[Reply]
Brock 09:34 AM 09-20-2012
You dont know what I am a fan or not a fan of...

You can keep you horseshit comments that you actually know what I like to yourself...
I know what you like, you attend buttrock festivals like Rocklahoma.
[Reply]
Brock 09:36 AM 09-20-2012
Warrant and Jani Lane put on a great show at last years rocklahoma...

Very solid!

Winger rocked the place in 07... Reb Beech is sick on the six string...
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:40 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Brock:
You just confirmed what I was saying about Reb... Thanks.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up