ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Any George Lynch fans out there??
petegz28 08:33 PM 09-19-2012

[Reply]
tooge 02:30 PM 09-20-2012
what about Neal Schon? Seeing that video reminded me that he kicks ass. too bad he is with Journey.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:32 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think so. Hey, why not? Be a rockstar anywhere you can! :-)

Bad Billy is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. A Scientologist, but nice.

All of your basses are belong to us.

[Reply]
ChiefsOne 02:33 PM 09-20-2012
I had a great time working with George Lynch and Lynch Mob in '91. I worked for a concert promoter and I was in charge of hospitality and security, great combo. I took the guys anywhere they wanted to go, back and forth from the hotel to the venue during the day. Then stood on the edge of the stage with them during the concert. Great times! Talked with Lynch quite a bit, but was with Oni Logan (singer) most of the time.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:34 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Marty Friedman - love his solo stuff, Megadeth with him will always be my favorite lineup
This! :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 02:36 PM 09-20-2012
I had never heard of Eric Johnson til he was in town and worked his show, but he was really awesome. I like guitar quite a bit, but needs the full band and singing for me to enjoy after a while, but I really enjoyed his sow with no vocals all night.
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 02:36 PM 09-20-2012
Dane, do you know much about Conklin Guitars?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:41 PM 09-20-2012
Outside of Dio and QOTSA, Motorhead is my other all-time favorite band.

Lemmy has said some pretty funny shit about Holmes and Blackie Lawless...

Lemmy's a good dude and fun to hang out with. Do you know why his nickname is Lemmy? (I'll provide the answer after a few people give responses).

One of my friend's bands did a record in which Lemmy did a guest vocal spot. The session was a 9am and when the guys arrived, Lemmy was already there, having a beer.

My friend says "Hey Lemmy! First beer of the day, eh?".

Lemmy said "What makes you think it's my first?".
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:42 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by ChiefsOne:
Dane, do you know much about Conklin Guitars?
I'm sorry, I'll admit I know nothing about them nor have I heard the name. I'll do a Google search.
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 02:45 PM 09-20-2012
Just wondered, a friend works for them designing and building guitars. Sells to some stars, or musicians that think they are stars, not sure which!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:46 PM 09-20-2012
Marty Friedman - love his solo stuff, Megadeth with him will always be my favorite lineup
I LOVED the first two Megadeth records with Marty, especially "Countdown". The third, not so much.

Since then, I'd lost interest until Chris Broderick joined. That dude is ridiculously sick and just as "twisted" and talented at Friedman. He's a really great player and nails Marty's solos and feel note for note.

I always thought Friedman would have been the best choice after Sharon fired Jake but they went with Zakk. Friedman, IMO, would have taken them back to the Rhoads era but Sharon wanted to turn him into a pop star.

You know, more money and all that.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:49 PM 09-20-2012
Lemmy's a good dude and fun to hang out with. Do you know why his nickname is Lemmy? (I'll provide the answer after a few people give responses).
I read somewhere that he used to mooch money off of people and his nickname came from that, never understood the connection though.

One of my friend's bands was did a record in which Lemmy did a guest vocal spot. The session was a 9am and when the guys arrived, Lemmy was already there, having a beer.

My friend says "Hey Lemmy! First beer of the day, eh?".

Lemmy said "What makes you think it's my first?".
I bought the re-issue of "Ace of Spades" a few years ago and it says this in the liner notes:

"Do you remember the rumor about Keith Richards getting his blood changed? I thought it might be a good idea because speed is habit-forming and I'd been been doing it and drinking for over twenty years. If you have your blood changed, I'd suppose that there's nothing in it and that it's clean - maybe like when I was a kid. Once the doctor saw what I'd done and the hours I keep he told me to forget it: 'Pure blood will probably kill ya!'"
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:55 PM 09-20-2012
I LOVED the first two Megadeth records with Marty, especially "Countdown". The third, not so much.
Unfortunately, they did that on purpose. After they did "Rust" and "Countdown" they changed producers. I guess they got a bit of the taste of success with "Countdown" so they wanted to produce a more commercially viable album. After "Youthanasia" they changed producers again, trying to get an even MORE commercial sound.

I saw an interview with Mustaine a while back and he seemed to talk like it was one of his biggest professional regrets.

Since then, I'd lost interest until Chris Broderick joined. That dude is ridiculously sick and just as "twisted" and talented at Friedman. He's a really great player and nails Marty's solos and feel note for note.

I always thought Friedman would have been the best choice after Sharon fired Jake but they went with Zakk. Friedman, IMO, would have taken them back to the Rhoads era but Sharon wanted to turn him into a pop star.

You know, more money and all that.

Hmm. I've tried to get into Chris but I just can't. Maybe it's because my first exposure to him was via TV - he's stiff and lifeless. He nails Marty's solos note for note because he's almost like a human Xerox machine, emphasis on machine.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:57 PM 09-20-2012
I read somewhere that he used to mooch money off of people and his nickname came from that, never understood the connection though.
He came to town known as the bassist for Hawkwind, a band that was supposed to be huge but never made it there, so he started Motorhead. He had a real sense of entitlement everywhere he went and just took things from people: Drinks, food, etc. and so on.

He'd always start sentences with "Let me have that", which of course sounded like "Lemme have that", which eventually became his nickname, Lemmy.
[Reply]
Braincase 02:57 PM 09-20-2012
I'm not scared of or intimated by too many people, but Chris Holmes is one scary dude. Not only is he as racist as they come (and a completely angry, jacked up drunk) he is one big mother****er.

I went out with him one time after I moved to LA. I've never seen anyone, before or since, drink as much as that dude. And I've known some heavy drinkers in my day. I guess he cleaned up a few years back (saw him after Lynch Mob in the late 2000's at the Rainbow) but he's no less intimidating.

He's just one of those dudes that screams "I'm a ****ing psycho".
Who's scarier - Chris or Glenn Benton?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:58 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Braincase:
Who's scarier - Chris or Glenn Benton?
I've never met Glenn Benton so I'll have to stick with Chris.

[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up