ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 934
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142542 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:25 PM 02-02-2017
Thanks Scho. That makes more sense. Are you able to set a certain sell price with that option during the duration or do you have to manually sell your option.

In other news, under armour stock down 30% in 3 days. Company still has tons of international expansion IMO. Good time to buy shares for long term. Or Is there a realistic call option you'd take on a stock that recently plummeted?
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:12 PM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Thanks Scho. That makes more sense. Are you able to set a certain sell price with that option during the duration or do you have to manually sell your option.

In other news, under armour stock down 30% in 3 days. Company still has tons of international expansion IMO. Good time to buy shares for long term. Or Is there a realistic call option you'd take on a stock that recently plummeted?
Yeah, you can put orders in on options.
[Reply]
scho63 05:23 PM 02-02-2017

Yes, the CBOE allows you to set a price you want to sell it at, called a LIMIT order and if the option reaches that price and there is enough contracts on the BID side, your option(s) would be sold.

They only allow day limit orders so you would need to re-enter it everyday if it didn't sell.

Under Armour will probably still have some downgrades and selling pressure. I would not buy a short term option but maybe one a year or more out when the price drops a little more.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:42 PM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:

Under Armour will probably still have some downgrades and selling pressure. I would not buy a short term option but maybe one a year or more out when the price drops a little more.
I'm thinking of just putting in a straight limit order for UA stock now that it's dropped. I have been following it for a few years and I still like the direction the company is heading. Just deciding if it's a good time now after a 3 day slide or if it might go even farther down before purchasing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:47 PM 02-02-2017
I'm thinking of just putting in a straight limit order for UA stock now that it's dropped. I have been following it for a few years and I still like the direction the company is heading. Just deciding if it's a good time now after a 3 day slide or if it might go even farther down before purchasing.
Options get expensive for long terms trades. If you think it is a good buy, I'd just buy the stock. You pay for time value with options.
[Reply]
scho63 08:33 PM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Options get expensive for long terms trades. If you think it is a good buy, I'd just buy the stock. You pay for time value with options.
True, but it will move dollar for dollar with a long term expiration for at least the next 9 months. The $30 strike option that expires Jan 19 2018 is trading around $4.36 or $436 to control 100 shares. The stock is $18.12 after another big drop today on 4x's avg daily volume.

You get leverage of 4.5 times your money.

This is a good option to buy instead of the stock. You can put out roughly $4,500 for 10 contracts and control 1,000 shares.

Additionally you can buy 1,000 shares on margin and it would cost you about $18,200 x 30% = $5.400
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:12 PM 02-02-2017
Anybody ever get into NVDA a while back when I brought it up ? I bought it at ,I don't remember exactly, around $42 and sold it at $65 . Well now it's fucking $110
[Reply]
lewdog 09:14 PM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Anybody ever get into NVDA a while back when I brought it up ? I bought it at ,I don't remember exactly, around $42 and sold it at $65 . Well now it's fucking $110
You've had like 3 great calls in this thread since we started posting.

Props to you man. Keep them coming!

And actually it's $115..........
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:14 PM 02-02-2017
Today I bought 1,250,000 shares of PNOW. I take that back , actually I put in a buy order for the open tomorrow. This company has started kicking ass and is looking at monthly 100% growth for at least the next year.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:16 PM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
True, but it will move dollar for dollar with a long term expiration for at least the next 9 months. The $30 strike option that expires Jan 19 2018 is trading around $4.36 or $436 to control 100 shares. The stock is $18.12 after another big drop today on 4x's avg daily volume.

You get leverage of 4.5 times your money.

This is a good option to buy instead of the stock. You can put out roughly $4,500 for 10 contracts and control 1,000 shares.

Additionally you can buy 1,000 shares on margin and it would cost you about $18,200 x 30% = $5.400
Ok so I am getting the basics here but still not understanding what a stock would have to do for me to say, double my money. How do I realistically set expectations? Let's take the $30 strike, a year from now, at $4.36 for 100 shares. What would the stock have to do for me to double my money on that?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:20 PM 02-02-2017
You've had like 3 great calls in this thread since we started posting.

Props to you man. Keep them coming!

And actually it's $115..........
Did you get any. Makes me sick I took my profit early.

I did the same thing with ESSI. bought at around 20 cents and it went to 35 cents so I sold. I said hell yeah, take that bitches. Now it's at god damn $4.30

That's one that could have made a poor man rich.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:20 PM 02-02-2017
Anybody ever get into NVDA a while back when I brought it up ? I bought it at ,I don't remember exactly, around $42 and sold it at $65 . Well now it's ****ing $110
I strongly considered it, but apparently decided to let someone else make the money instead. I'm nice that way.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:22 PM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I strongly considered it, but apparently decided to let someone else make the money instead. I'm nice that way.
Research PNOW and let me know what you think. I'm hanging on to this one and NOT jumping out early. Gonna be rich dammit !
[Reply]
lewdog 09:22 PM 02-02-2017
Did you get any. Makes me sick I took my profit early.

I did the same thing with ESSI. bought at around 20 cents and it went to 35 cents so I sold. I said hell yeah, take that bitches. Now it's at god damn $4.30

That's one that could have made a poor man rich.
No I didn't.

Great call on ESSI too. Kind of.....:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 09:25 PM 02-02-2017
Today I bought 1,250,000 shares of PNOW. I take that back , actually I put in a buy order for the open tomorrow. This company has started kicking ass and is looking at monthly 100% growth for at least the next year.
Research PNOW and let me know what you think. I'm hanging on to this one and NOT jumping out early. Gonna be rich dammit !
What are you looking to buy in at on PNOW?
[Reply]
Page 42 of 934
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142542 > Last »
Up