ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 286
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Rausch 08:51 AM 09-14-2014
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I caught Jobs finally.

It was decent enough. Kutcher did a respectable job. He didn't get the mannerisms well enough to say he killed it. Maybe it is a tough job because he was on media so much.

It's probably because I'm a business junkie, but it seemed to me they painted him more as a misunderstood artist than the astute business man he was.
I thought Pirates of Silicon Valley was much better.

Still captures Jobs but also the Jobs/Gates relationship without painting a good guy/bad guy...
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:29 AM 09-14-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I thought Pirates of Silicon Valley was much better.

Still captures Jobs but also the Jobs/Gates relationship without painting a good guy/bad guy...
I'll have to catch that. Thanks!
[Reply]
ragedogg69 07:10 PM 09-14-2014
Caught Godzilla, thought it could be better. It is a popcorn film that hid all the popcorn scenes away from you. It doesnt surprise me, the directors previous film was pretty much the same thing: hide the monsters.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:59 PM 09-14-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Well I would like to thank everyone who absolutely shit all over A Million Ways to Die in the West. I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. It was MacFarlane humor, but that does not make me angry like a lot of people. Dare I say 4/5.
Just saw it myself. Very low expectations. I would say a 3/5, and probably only because I couldn't stop laughing at the ice block scene. Most of the good jokes were in the trailer, but I still enjoyed.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:19 PM 09-14-2014
I'll have to catch that. Thanks!
Check Amazon. I think I got it for $1.99 used...
[Reply]
Rausch 08:24 PM 09-14-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Caught Godzilla, thought it could be better. It is a popcorn film that hid all the popcorn scenes away from you. It doesnt surprise me, the directors previous film was pretty much the same thing: hide the monsters.
It was supposed to be an homage to the original. He wanted it to be a good movie - not a popcorn movie.

If he achieved that is for you to decide but he wanted a serious tone...
[Reply]
unlurking 09:36 PM 09-14-2014
Since everybody's is all into GoT cast members, Plastic was a fun movie with Theon Greyjoy.
[Reply]
-King- 02:15 PM 09-15-2014
Watched CA:Winter Soldier. Good movie. You guys were right. Didn't feel like I missed anything major from the first movie.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:17 PM 09-15-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Watched CA:Winter Soldier. Good movie. You guys were right. Didn't feel like I missed anything major from the first movie.
You should watch the first one. It's good.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:24 PM 09-15-2014
You should watch the first one. It's good.
It's ok.

Nowhere near as good as CA2...
[Reply]
ragedogg69 06:15 AM 09-16-2014
It's ok.

This is correct.

Also, just saw Neighbors or Bad Neighbors depending on your region. It was okay. Most of the characters were assholes to each other, so if that bothers you, you probably should skip this. I think I am officially tired of Rogan as a stoner character. The rest of the cast was quite good.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:42 AM 09-16-2014
It's ok.

Apparently, the director cited Honest Trailers as the reason it's so good. He didn't want Honest Trailers to be able to pick apart the logic.

Originally Posted by :
Recently there was an Honest Trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier which basically said “the movie’s good.” Which I don’t think I’ve ever seen before. Were you flattered by this? Amused?

JOE RUSSO: Flattered and amused. What’s so funny is that I’m an avid honest trailer watcher. I love it, it cracks me up. So I think we talked about it in the commentary we used to sit in the room and go, “this is not going to end up in an honest trailer. This logic isn’t sound enough yet.” We literally tried to Honest Trailer proof the movie. Because what Honest Trailers really is, and I’ll say litmus test again, is “how sound is the logic in your film? How ridiculous are the buys that you’re asking the audience to make?” So we would just comb through the script over and over again and go, “how do we shore up this logic? How do we shore up this logic?” So it was a very helpful exercise for us.

[Reply]
ragedogg69 12:01 PM 09-16-2014
That is pretty cool. The Russo brothers come from Community where Dan Harmon teaches every screenwriter to look at all the bullshit that is in their script and throw it out; start over. Looks like that is exactly what they did for CA2.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:23 PM 09-16-2014
Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball!:
Apparently, the director cited Honest Trailers as the reason it's so good. He didn't want Honest Trailers to be able to pick apart the logic.
This isn't done enough based on the last two summer's of movies.

And watched Cheap Thrills the other day. Much better than I thought it would be. I figured it for a cheezy comedy but it was much more...very different.

By the end I was sure there'd be a supernatural spin, and one of the characters would be the actual Devil, there was so much...hell, just evil the last 20 minutes. Not for everyone but a (un?)pleasant surprise...
[Reply]
ragedogg69 07:25 AM 09-17-2014
Cheap Thrills is very well done. I love that closing shot.

Finally caught Dredd, it was a fun 90 minutes, hope the sequel gets funding.

Chef was another movie that surprised me. If you are a foodie, you will love it. If not, it is still a really well done movie.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 286
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up