ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 171
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:00 PM 02-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
If you don't mind subtitles Nobel is pretty good. (At least the first 4 episodes).
It's kind of tough with the subtitles, but I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Nickhead 10:35 PM 02-28-2017
(i did a search for this but came up empty, i may have posted a YT video one time)

very funny comedy with eugene levy and family, chris elliot, and more...

and fuckin' hell if the chic that plays the daughter isn't smokin hawt. she's a hotter version of kelly bundy, fur shur!
:-)

8/10
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 07:50 AM 03-02-2017
Binging The Night Of. Awesome so far. Only a few episodes in. Love John T and Michael Williams. Maybe I'm nuts but I feel like the deer's head is somehow significant. They kept cutting to it in a few scenes.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:54 AM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We have been watching Mad Men. We are almost through season 2. It's really just okay. I just started Boardwalk Empire though. I like the first two episodes so far.
I binged watched MadMen summer 2015. It's not that good at first—then the characters starts to grow on you.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:07 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:
Goldbergs is a great new show on ABC.
This week's Goldbergs RAWKed!!

Karate Kid narrative
Culmination of the beef with the other Adam Goldberg.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:43 AM 03-03-2017
Taken had a strong pilot.

Man seeking Woman continues to be outstanding.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:04 PM 03-06-2017
American Crime season 3 starts on Sunday.

https://youtu.be/avqfzvfowvk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:34 PM 03-13-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

Man seeking Woman continues to be outstanding.
Talk about false advertising! This guy not only isn't seeking a woman he married up. WAY up.

Title makes as much sense as Jimmy Kimmel LIVE.
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:35 PM 03-13-2017
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Binging The Night Of. Awesome so far. Only a few episodes in. Love John T and Michael Williams. Maybe I'm nuts but I feel like the deer's head is somehow significant. They kept cutting to it in a few scenes.
Excellent show.
[Reply]
Nickhead 10:49 PM 03-13-2017
HAND OF GOD!

really good series.

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:30 AM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I've been meaning to ask about Bosch. What's the general jist?
First season was okay. Little rough at times. Second season was good. Whole thing was solid enough that I binged all 20 eps in a weekend. Third season hits in a month
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 05:12 PM 03-14-2017
I've been watching "Jeff and some Aliens" on Comedy Central. I has it moments. I would have been like Jeff if I never met my Wife.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06:14 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Excellent show.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Can anyone recommend something similar? And its a shame that Michael K. Williams doesn't have more recognition. The only time I remember seeing him outside of HBO was in The Road for a couple of minutes.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:27 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Can anyone recommend something similar? And its a shame that Michael K. Williams doesn't have more recognition. The only time I remember seeing him outside of HBO was in The Road for a couple of minutes.
I heard Hap and Leonard was decent.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 08:33 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I heard Hap and Leonard was decent.
I might have to check it out. I kinda instinctively shy away from netflix/amazon/hulu series. Seems like they would be B or C quality compared to major networks. Maybe its time I give some a chance.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 171
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up