View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 211 of 343
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
oldman 11:01 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Brown had a terrible first half, then seemed to pull it together a little in the 2nd. But definitely not worth top 10 money. He should've taken the offer at the beginning of the season.
Because they put Gray in as a 2nd TE to help him. I've give that Brown is a pretty good run blocker, maybe he should play RT. Oh, wait, that's what he was in Baltimore when he was a 2 time Pro-bowler.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:15 PM 10-12-2022
I was listening to Petro and Eric Eager this afternoon and they are thinking by maybe the bye week they will move OBJ to RT and slide Thuney over to LT. Let Allegretti and Wylie battle over the LG spot.

Not sure I believe this would actually happen but it would be a fun discussion if it did.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:36 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I was listening to Petro and Eric Eager this afternoon and they are thinking by maybe the bye week they will move OBJ to RT and slide Thuney over to LT. Let Allegretti and Wylie battle over the LG spot.

[Reply]

Coach 03:37 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Not sure I believe this would actually happen but it would be a fun discussion if it did.
I would find that hard to believe since most of us know that Andy prefers O-Line continuously.
[Reply]
O.city 03:38 PM 10-12-2022
Andy's not doing that. Not even worth discussing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't think most of you know what you are looking at when it comes to OL. He had a couple of bad reps last night, but was pretty good for the most part. That's been how pretty much all of his games have been this year. He has a couple of bad reps, but for the most part he's pretty damn good. He's a LT and goes against the best pass rushers on the opposing team. Hes gonna lose a few reps.

With that being said, he does not deserve a record breaking contract.
Exactly so. He was better than folks want to acknowledge because he started out rough and by then minds were made up. He had a good second half.

He is what he is. He's not worth the money he's asking for but he's not a bad football player either.

Originally Posted by poolboy:
oh, we know what we are looking at..he cant handle speed rushers/// Chandler Jones was back there all night so will Miller and then Bosa
Jones really wasn't. At all. 1 hit, 3 hurries; 4 total pressures. I know at least 1 of those hits and 2 of those hurries came on the first 2 drives. I can't speak to the 3rd hurry as I just don't remember it. As an aggregate, Jones had a good game because of a hot start. But as the game progressed, OBJ was winning those reps with regularity.

OBJ was fine on Monday - you'd made up your mind in the first quarter and now you're doubling down on it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:40 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
I would find that hard to believe since most of us know that Andy prefers O-Line continuously.
I don't know if it's so much that as Andy prefers his OL not being the worst OL to ever fucking exist.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:41 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
The biggest clusterfucks Andy has had in his entire career, from single games to entire seasons, came from attempts (by design or necessity) to shuffle players around on his OL.

There's ZERO chance he does that. FFS folks, we're the top scoring offense in the league. Perhaps he's not quite as bad as some of y'all are suggesting?
[Reply]
poolboy 04:06 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly so. He was better than folks want to acknowledge because he started out rough and by then minds were made up. He had a good second half.

He is what he is. He's not worth the money he's asking for but he's not a bad football player either.

Jones really wasn't. At all. 1 hit, 3 hurries; 4 total pressures. I know at least 1 of those hits and 2 of those hurries came on the first 2 drives. I can't speak to the 3rd hurry as I just don't remember it. As an aggregate, Jones had a good game because of a hot start. But as the game progressed, OBJ was winning those reps with regularity.

OBJ was fine on Monday - you'd made up your mind in the first quarter and now you're doubling down on it.
Cmon man, this is about far more than the first quarter, its a continuous theme to Browns career so far at LT...Chiefs have to start fast and Brown cant pull his weight...I really think his confidence is shot on pass blocking
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:09 PM 10-12-2022
Hopefully he just sticks with that adjustment to meet the EDGE sooner on passing plays. It seems to have done a world of difference at least against Jones. He actually pancaked him a couple times.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 04:10 PM 10-12-2022
This thread is worthless. OBJ is good, not great. It’s a settled issue until next season.
[Reply]
TEX 04:11 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
This thread is worthless. OBJ is good, not great. It’s a settled issue until next season.
He's not really all that good at LT though. :-)
[Reply]
poolboy 04:12 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hopefully he just sticks with that adjustment to meet the EDGE sooner on passing plays. It seems to have done a world of difference at least against Jones. He actually pancaked him a couple times.
Jones really isnt a force anymore but he was against us
Von will destroy him...once Brown gets outside he cant adjust when they go inside
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:12 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
Very average to shitty pass blocker, but an elite run blocker.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:41 PM 10-12-2022
To me, it looks like OBJ is trying to make adjustments from game to game, as well as in game. For example, in the TB game he was getting his ass handed to him right off the bat, but then later he started doing something I hadn't seen before. he was actually jumping forward at the snap on many passing downs. he was going forward and engaging the EDGE, instead of backpedaling. I noticed this during the game in RT, and it surprised me enough to wonder if he'd come out of his stance thinking it was a run play. But when I watched the highlights, i saw that he was doing it fairly consistently in the second half. And it appeared to be working for him.

It does make some sense; by doing so, OBJ took away the speed rush around the corner, and forced the EDGE to try and bullrush him, which would make it advantage OBJ with his weight and sheer size/length.

And vs. LAC i noted that he seemed to be getting off the snap quicker (some would say even a tad early), and really punching the pass rusher in the chest with more authority.
And again in the second half he seemed to be holding his own better. in those highlights it's fairly obvious that as the game went on he was making most of his blocks solo, and Wylie was the one getting help more often.

I still have reservations about whether he'll become a top-tier LT, but he does appear to be improving. I'd still like to see him get significantly stronger and better with his feet. But I think he's trending in the right direction.
[Reply]
Page 211 of 343
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Up