ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 140
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:27 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Veach is the one who found Mahomes and pushed him on everyone. He is literally the MAIN reason we have him.

I have no idea how you could have seen Veach pull of a trade of that caliber at this point considering a trade of that caliber was basically like a once every 30 year kind of deal.

I will say that this trade is going to be the make or break move of his GM tenure in KC though.
Veach's trades up to this point have been lackluster. It's not like we stole Frank Clark the way we stole Mahomes. And the compensation he got for Peters and Ford leave a lot to be desired.

And again, Veach may have "found" him (that WAS his job afterall) but Reid, Dorsey etc all signed off on him. Hell, even Alex Smith signed off on him.

And NONE of that matter unless Dorsey pulls that trade off.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:28 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Dude.

We're going to fucking wreck worlds.
Yeah, we BETTER wreck worlds. That's where were at now. That grace period I was ready to give this defense just went RIGHT out the fucking window.

And that little fuck stick GM of ours better have an idea or three for LB and CB while he's throwing $$$ around like a drunk sailor, the little prick.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:28 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
So, a great defensive player for a defense that everyone agrees needs help, and CP hates it?

:-)

Love this place.
Yet they'll celebrate Ogbah and Attouchu.

Unreal.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:28 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Veach scouted him.

Dorsey did the dirty work. Dorsey pulled off the trade up. He did it for a reasonable price. And he smokescreened 5 or 6 other GMs and had them stunned when the trade went through and we got our guy.

THAT is the real reason why we have Mahomes. And I'm not even a Dorsey apologist. I'm just stating facts. There are parts of being a GM that go beyond being a front office scout who happens to have an ear with the guys in charge.

Veach has two modes of deals: piddly low risk deals and deals that make you go, "Jesus Christ, were you ****ing drunk, Brett?"

There's no in between. And there are no in between good deals. His best ones have been the low risk kind that have produced some kind of effect or player. The crap ones are REEEEALLY crap. And they stick around for a long time.

Dorsey had some good ones in his time. The first Jamaal extension. The Abdullah contract. The Kelce pick and subsequent extension. The Allen Bailey extension. He's had some crap ones, too, but he at least got some reasonable ones.

Veach has zero. It's either top of the market or a lukewarm "who cares?" type of situation.
All I want to know is :

Have we traded for the true piece of shit yet?

AND

Does he know where the line of scrimmage is??
[Reply]
Iconic 12:28 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Are you ****ing high? I mean, seriously. Crack is whack.

You really think a #29 pick was going to produce like Frank Clark over the next few seasons-especially 2019? And 2020? and 2021? Incredibly unlikely. The REASON you want cap flexibility is for the ability to...well, do things like this-get a proven playmaker, young, in his prime, no injury history. We can frontload Clark's deal some and spread it out. It's a smart move. AND he's 25 ****ing years old. He's just in his prime years.

We gave up a late #2. We gained 10 spots in the 3rd this year.

Clark and Jones are going to wreck offensive lines for the next several years. This defense just took a MAJOR step forward.

You guys are nuts.

I have off the field concerns with Clark, but as a player, this is a MAJOR, HUGE talent increase.

What I do believe is the combination of a first round pick, second round pick, and ability to sign any star in future FA's to the tune of 20m AAV will collectively be better than what Frank Clark will produce here in KC.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:28 PM 04-23-2019
105.5 million with 63.5 guaranteed
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:29 PM 04-23-2019
There were a ton of people who thought we gave up too much for Mahomes too.
[Reply]
tmax63 12:29 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
why couldn't spags do the same with Jones, Houston, Ford, and Nnadi?
Ford couldn't set an edge to save his life and has had 1 good year in his career, his contract year. He's also spent a lot of time on the injury list. Houston has never been the same since his knee got totaled after getting his contract. Houston was no longer worth his contract and wouldn't renegotiate. Ford was too situational to be worth the money he got paid.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:29 PM 04-23-2019

This Just In: Chiefs & DE Frank Clark have reached an agreement on a 5-year, $105.5 million contract with $63.5 million guaranteed. (via @AdamSchefter) pic.twitter.com/bCacksBGPx

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 12:29 PM 04-23-2019
Seriously lets look back...the Vikings gave us more for Jared Allen..would anyone do that trade again?
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:29 PM 04-23-2019
We better start investing in WRs now, then.

We can't afford Tyreek now, so it appears we were going to let him walk after this crap surfaced.

I really doubt we're going to keep Watkins over the life of his contract (and to be honest, I don't really want him).

So get going. Draft one early now, and draft one next year too.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:29 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
why couldn't spags do the same with Jones, Houston, Ford, and Nnadi?
It's slightly more a year, $3.4 mill or so, than Ford's contract. I don't mind the deal as I think he is way better than Ford.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:29 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Veach hates 1st round picks. That must be it.
You place too much value on 1st round picks. Mahomes was easily worth more than the one first rounder we gave up for him. Clark could easily be better than anyone we could get at #29 this year.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:29 PM 04-23-2019
How much did we give Chris Jones?
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:30 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I feel like half the people in this thread are just mad because their Thursday was ruined.
Well, we did have a what we were having for food thread for Thursday night
[Reply]
Page 21 of 140
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up