Media Center>Loki Trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:33 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
Bowser 05:34 PM 07-14-2021
Lol
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:21 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The season ended on a cliffhanger, which is lame, especially considering it's going to be quite a while before Kang's next appearance, whether that's in another season of Loki that could debut at the end of 2022 or in the next Ant-Man movie, which won't be released until 2023.

That's a crazy long cliffhanger and wait.
I get that reaction but I can wait. I read a rumour before the episode that S2 had been greenlighted, so maybe that was a part of my reaction as well. I didn't expect closure going into the finale, so I wasn't too bothered when we didn't get that.

Personally, I liked this finale more than the Wandavision finale (we won't even get into TFATW which was pretty bad throughout the entire series and ended very poorly as well).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:36 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I get that reaction but I can wait. I read a rumour before the episode that S2 had been greenlighted, so maybe that was a part of my reaction as well. I didn't expect closure going into the finale, so I wasn't too bothered when we didn't get that.

Personally, I liked this finale more than the Wandavision finale (we won't even get into TFATW which was pretty bad throughout the entire series and ended very poorly as well).
I think my opinion of TFATWS is well documented but I felt that series was a waste of not only $150 million dollars but a missed opportunity to do so much more with both characters, other than wallow in their past decision making. It was a downer.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree about WandaVision, especially since Loki hasn't concluded. But IMO, the finale of WV was amazing. We were not only introduced to White Vision but Agatha Harkness as a real MCU character as well (who Feige said yesterday "Won't return soon enough to the MCU), as well as finding out that the Skrulls have indeed infiltrated the highest levels of government and law enforcement. I don't think her "kids" are actually gone from the MCU, which is interesting in and of itself (think Young Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Kid Loki, Wanda's kids, etc.) and the final scene in which she's teleporting and reading the Darkhold was amazing.

The final episode of Loki seemed to me like an entire reset of the series: Everything that existed before is gone - his relationship with Sylvie, his relationship with Mobius and even moreso, the end of the TVA and a new Big Bad.

So much of Loki was just exposition. Had I known that it was going to end on a cliffhanger, I wouldn't have been as invested in the series, which kind of taints Season 2 for me, even this far out. I'm not sure if I'm down for another 5.5 hours of Loki talking about himself.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:39 PM 07-14-2021
It had a very "The Good Place" season finale.

I think the writers will be able to continue thinks like Good Place after the reset.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:57 PM 07-14-2021
So basically this sets up Kang killing all the multiversal copies of himself.

I am thinking that Ravonna was sent to find the older Rama Tut which is a retired version of Kang ruling ancient Egypt. Looks like Loki landed in a universe with a more evil Kang since the statue is wearing Kang's battle suit from the comics.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:10 PM 07-14-2021
The final episode of Loki seemed to me like an entire reset of the series: Everything that existed before is gone - his relationship with Sylvie, his relationship with Mobius and even moreso, the end of the TVA and a new Big Bad.
I don’t know if I would describe it as a complete reset. The impact of his character’s journey in those episodes (and particularly his relationships with Sylvie and Mobius) have changed Loki as a character irreversibly and will no doubt be felt in the following season. Sylvie and prime Mobius are presumably out there somewhere as well.

Originally Posted by :
So much of Loki was just exposition. Had I known that it was going to end on a cliffhanger, I wouldn't have been as invested in the series, which kind of taints Season 2 for me, even this far out. I'm not sure if I'm down for another 5.5 hours of Loki talking about himself.
If you’re looking at it from the greater MCU sense, a lot of it was exposition for sure (and maybe a bit too much in the finale). But from the standpoint of the primary characters of the series (Loki/Sylvie), I would mostly describe it as a love story told over 6 episodes that ended in crushing heartbreak.

And I guess I just don’t mind cliffhangers as much as most.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:13 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
So basically this sets up Kang killing all the multiversal copies of himself.

I am thinking that Ravonna was sent to find the older Rama Tut which is a retired version of Kang ruling ancient Egypt. Looks like Loki landed in a universe with a more evil Kang since the statue is wearing Kang's battle suit from the comics.

Yeah that’s probably the best guess as to where he sent her.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:18 PM 07-14-2021
I don’t know if I would describe it as a complete reset. The impact of his character’s journey in those episodes (and particularly his relationships with Sylvie and Mobius) have changed Loki as a character irreversibly and will no doubt be felt in the following season. Sylvie and prime Mobius are presumably out there somewhere as well.
Well, we'll see. This is Loki we're talking about. :-)

If you’re looking at it from the greater MCU sense, a lot of it was exposition for sure (and maybe a bit too much in the finale). But from the standpoint of the primary characters of the series (Loki/Sylvie), I would mostly describe it as a love story told over 6 episodes that ended in crushing heartbreak.

And I guess I just don’t mind cliffhangers as much as most.
I guess it's more an expectations thing for me.

WandaVision set the bar so freakin' high, as evidenced by its 23 Emmy Nominations and the hiring of the director for the next Star Trek film, that I probably expected too much from Loki, given the cast and character. I think that had I known that Disney+ planned multiple seasons, my expectations would have been tempered, especially for the finale. That said, I'm fairly certain that this will pass in the coming weeks and months and I'll be fully prepared to watch Season 2 when it's available for streaming.

I think my biggest beef is the cliffhanger. We had close to five hours to set up the series, yet we'll need to wait 18 months to two years to see how it resolves and concludes.

Now I know how the diehard viewers of Better Call Saul feel.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:25 PM 07-14-2021
Well, we'll see. This is Loki we're talking about. :-)

I guess it's more an expectations thing for me.

WandaVision set the bar so freakin' high, as evidenced by its 23 Emmy Nominations and the hiring of the director for the next Star Trek film, that I probably expected too much from Loki, given the cast and character. I think that had I know that Disney+ planned multiple seasons, my expectations would have been tempered, especially for the finale. That said, I'm fairly certain that this will pass in the coming weeks and months and I'll be fully prepared to watch Season 2 when it's available for streaming.

I think my biggest beef is the cliffhanger. We had close to five hours to set up the series, yet we'll need to wait 18 months to few years to see how it concludes.

Now I know how viewers of Better Call Saul feel.
Wandavision was a great show, there’s no doubt. Loki had some very good episodes (episode 2 and particularly episode 4 stand out) for me, but I don’t think I can rank it above WV.

In recent times, the worst example of ending a season on a cliffhanger for me was Jon Snow’s “death” at the end of one of those GoT seasons. If I can accept that, though, I can accept Loki being sent to some parallel universe as the multiverse war begins.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:46 PM 07-14-2021
Wandavision was a great show, there’s no doubt. Loki had some very good episodes (episode 2 and particularly episode 4 stand out) for me, but I don’t think I can rank it above WV.

In recent times, the worst example of ending a season on a cliffhanger for me was Jon Snow’s “death” at the end of one of those GoT seasons. If I can accept that, though, I can accept Loki being sent to some parallel universe as the multiverse war begins.
Which, that Season 5 cliffhanger works perfectly fine in the context of season 6.

Can’t say the same about Season 8, though. Sigh…
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:49 PM 07-14-2021
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vani...doctor-who/amp

Good read on the finale that mostly fits my views of it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:49 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Which, that Season 5 cliffhanger works perfectly fine in the context of season 6.

Can’t say the same about Season 8, though. Sigh…
Thinking about how GoT ended these days mostly just pisses me off. Such an absolute waste of great characters and great stories.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:58 PM 07-14-2021
The cliffhanger didn't bother me, there was enough smoke around a season 2 that I was expecting a season finale rather than a series finale. And in that context I think it was well done. It wasn't a bullshit bait and switch cliffhanger, all the plot threads and character arcs we had been following through the season were paid off. It's just that the pay off set up more questions.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 PM 07-14-2021
I didn't feel let down at all and thought it was a very effective finale. It opened up massive possibilities for this franchise, introduced us to the major villain of the next phase, and paved the way for further stories with these characters.
they can do anything now. Bring back Steve Rodgers, anyone who died etc. obviously the first is all the actors who played Spider-Man’s.

If Loki can be a gator and female, let your imagination run wild on other variants. You can have famous people guest appear as a variant. Take any avenger and make them any possible animal. Doesn’t have to be an earth animal or being. There are no limits anymore. They’d better be good variants because the expectations bar has been set.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:28 PM 07-14-2021
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vani...doctor-who/amp

Good read on the finale that mostly fits my views of it.
Well, I have to say, I didn't really like the opinions of that writer, and especially the Michael Waldron quotes. He seems to be saying the exact opposite of how Time Travel worked in Endgame, so if he's going to rewrite those rules, I just hope that it doesn't cheapen Tony Stark or Natasha's sacrifice or ruin Cap's chance at happiness with Peggy.

That's also the first time that I've heard that What If...could actually be part of the MCU and not just a fun side project.

The Infinity Saga wasn't like Star Wars Episodes 7-9, in which the overwhelming majority of fans would love to see them wiped from canon. Endgame was beloved by most people, including me, which is why it's the largest grossing movie of all time.

And while the writer thought that all of the exposition by Jonathan Majors worked, I felt the opposite. It was a plot device that was necessary because at the time of filming, Season 2 was a pipedream, so the only way to make the series work in 6 episodes was to have all of that exposition so that the viewers would know what's happening. To me, that's really, really poor planning on Marvel's part and a bit of a shock because everything else to date has been so meticulously planned.

It's weird because the entire series seemed to be moving at a snail's pace, then all of the sudden, BOOM!, we find out what's really going on in less than 20 minutes yet we won't won't find out how it concludes for quite some time. The more I think about it, the less I trust these Marvel TV series to do anything other than bridge the gaps between the movies to keep the "consumer" interested.

This is actually beginning to bum me out so I'll stop now. Ugh.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 28
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up