ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 28
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Loki Trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:33 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:24 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Mid-credit scene says there is a S2. Makes sense given what was effectively a cliffhanger ending.
Thanks! I’ll need to rewatch the whole thing because I was dozing and definitely missed the end credit scene.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:51 AM 07-14-2021
I was kinda surprised when I heard that Kang would be the Phase 4 villain. Knowing how many plot holes there were with the Avengers movies that they would stick with the messing with time mechanic for an entire phase, I just can't wait for all the sweaty dudes to talk shit about how Marvel is so inaccurate with timelines.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:14 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Nailed it. :-) They didn't say Immortus, but that's who that was.
Great call. Can’t wait until we see the evil variant Kang. Not sure if that person comes in the new Ant Man or Dr Strange movie
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07-14-2021, 11:17 AM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
DaneMcCloud 11:22 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Great call. Can’t wait until we see the evil variant Kang. Not sure if that person comes in the new Ant Man or Dr Strange movie
There’s also the possibility that he may be revealed in Spider-Man: No Way Home.

All I can say is that Phase 4 and 5 are going to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more ambitious than Phases 1-3.

Fantastic Four, all of the upcoming Marvel TV series, Shang-Chi, The Eternals, Secret Invasion-there is a lot on the horizon.

I think it's pretty clear that this is all leading up to Secret Wars much later this decade.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:39 PM 07-14-2021
Wow, now that was an introduction.

So are we going to get Iron Kid with the West Coast Avengers? :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 12:43 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There’s also the possibility that he may be revealed in Spider-Man: No Way Home.

All I can say is that Phase 4 and 5 are going to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more ambitious than Phases 1-3.

Fantastic Four, all of the upcoming Marvel TV series, Shang-Chi, The Eternals, Secret Invasion-there is a lot on the horizon.

I think it's pretty clear that this is all leading up to Secret Wars much later this decade.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 01:15 PM 07-14-2021
Also.....

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RunKC 02:22 PM 07-14-2021
I’m thinking that once Dr Strange find out about this and that Loki did it, he’s going to want to permanently put Loki in that falling dimension he placed him in when Thor was looking for his father :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:31 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m thinking that once Dr Strange find out about this and that Loki did it, he’s going to want to permanently put Loki in that falling dimension he placed him in when Thor was looking for his father :-)
That was really great foreshadowing and planning on the part of Kevin Feige and Marvel because Dr. Strange had a list of beings that could cause harm to the Earth and Loki was one of those beings.

I wonder if Dr. Strange somehow knew that Loki was a threat to the entire universe/multiverse?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:52 PM 07-14-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 04:34 PM 07-14-2021
I don't know how I feel about that episode. I almost feel let down, in the sense that it felt like stopping in the middle of a season rather than at the end of one.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:51 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't know how I feel about that episode. I almost feel let down, in the sense that it felt like stopping in the middle of a season rather than at the end of one.
I agree 100%.

I posted earlier that I didn't think that Kang would be the "Big Bad" because there wasn't enough time in the series to introduce him and have a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Well, clearly, they had another season planned, so it threw that theory right out the window. Most of the episode was spent on Immortus talking about himself and the multiverse. Personally, I found that weird because it was almost like a Voiceover, which generally speaking, is considered bad filmmaking. The story, actors and visuals should tell the story, not a defacto narrator.

Also, I wouldn't have stayed up so late had it been known that there's a Season 2, which hasn't even gone into production, which makes it all the stranger. If they knew that the series would need a second season, it should have been shot simultaneously with the first season, especially for budgeting reason.

I wouldn't say the episode was bad, per se, but it was certainly unexpected for me, and not in a good way.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:54 PM 07-14-2021
I didn't feel let down at all and thought it was a very effective finale. It opened up massive possibilities for this franchise, introduced us to the major villain of the next phase, and paved the way for further stories with these characters. Now, if they weren't planning a S2 with these characters I might feel differently (as they didn't fully provide closure for Loki/Sylvie/Mobius' character arcs). But they are planning that and presumably will do that down the road.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:03 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I didn't feel let down at all and thought it was a very effective finale. It opened up massive possibilities for this franchise, introduced us to the major villain of the next phase, and paved the way for further stories with these characters. Now, if they weren't planning a S2 with these characters I might feel differently (as they didn't fully provide closure for Loki/Sylvie/Mobius' character arcs). But they are planning that and presumably will do that down the road.
The season ended on a cliffhanger, which is lame, especially considering it's going to be quite a while before Kang's next appearance, whether that's in another season of Loki that could debut at the end of 2022 or in the next Ant-Man movie, which won't be released until 2023.

That's a crazy long cliffhanger and wait.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:24 PM 07-14-2021

Well…time to prepare for the Multiversal War! 🤗

— Miss Minutes (@MissMinutesTVA) July 14, 2021

[Reply]
Page 17 of 28
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up