ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. Thatís where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV


[Reply]
vailpass 08:55 PM 10-02-2020
The last couple episodes were pretty good. Except for the politics. I hope the don’t fuck around and go overboard with it, they’re right on the verge now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:56 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Thi season is way less interesting than the first so far. Turning Homelander into the sjw-viewed prototype is unimaginative and boring. If they veer any further into politics I'm done.
What the hell are you talking about? Homelander is not politically correct. The total 180 degree opposite. What am I missing?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:53 AM 10-03-2020
Black Noir theory

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:30 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What the hell are you talking about? Homelander is not politically correct. The total 180 degree opposite. What am I missing?
It's pretty obvious the overtones of this show are mirroring current US politics (Homelander and Stormfront are representing the GOP, holding rallies, the woman senator is AOC).
[Reply]
vailpass 09:13 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It's pretty obvious the overtones of this show are mirroring current US politics (Homelander and Stormfront are representing the GOP, holding rallies, the woman senator is AOC).
Yep. I'm not sure how they could make it any more obvious. Which detracts from the diversion aspect of the entertainment for me.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:15 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What the hell are you talking about? Homelander is not politically correct. The total 180 degree opposite. What am I missing?
Homelander's egregious behavior portrayed as representative of conservative Americans as viewed through the lens of the social justice contingent.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:36 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Homelander's egregious behavior portrayed as representative of conservative Americans as viewed through the lens of the social justice contingent.
If conservatives watching Homeland's behavior believe that the character's portrayal can in any way be interpreted as representative of them, regardless of the lens through which it's being presented, then maybe they need do some soul searching. Because that to me sounds an awful lot like the pangs of a guilty conscience.

I've seen Homeland's behavior the entire time, including this season, as being representative of who Superman would be, if, instead of a farm in Kansas (about as wholesomely conservative an environment as you can get...) he'd instead been raised in a lab by a scientist devoid of much human emotion or empathy (which tends to be how the 'highly educated' (read: communists) are portrayed). Resulting in a lonely, narcissist shell of a superbeing.

I mean, sure, on a surface level he's a spoiled brat who's never worked a day in his life, craves attention and adoration, and spends all his time on social media. Which, yeah, sounds like it may have been intended to be a caricature of a certain commander in chief. But I wouldn't say that's what every conservative is. At all.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:01 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If conservatives watching Homeland's behavior believe that the character's portrayal can in any way be interpreted as representative of them, regardless of the lens through which it's being presented, then maybe they need do some soul searching. Because that to me sounds an awful lot like the pangs of a guilty conscience.

I've seen Homeland's behavior the entire time, including this season, as being representative of who Superman would be, if, instead of a farm in Kansas (about as wholesomely conservative an environment as you can get...) he'd instead been raised in a lab by a scientist devoid of much human emotion or empathy (which tends to be how the 'highly educated' (read: communists) are portrayed). Resulting in a lonely, narcissist shell of a superbeing.

I mean, sure, on a surface level he's a spoiled brat who's never worked a day in his life, craves attention and adoration, and spends all his time on social media. Which, yeah, sounds like it may have been intended to be a caricature of a certain commander in chief. But I wouldn't say that's what every conservative is. At all.
Not Homelander's behavior per se but there were to tweaks in the latest episode that were pointedly partisan.

What did you think of Homelander and Stormfront saying 'Thoughts and Prayers' as purely a recited cliche with no thought behind it but optics?

And, if the opening sequence was about a random citizen being conditioned to be vigilant for threats and spurred to poorly thought out action, and he was keyed in on the clerk because the glancing sunlight made it appear that he 'sparked' superpowers, why did he have to be a meek innocent swarthy Muslim?

Should people who sincerely believe in the power of prayer and positive energy have a guilty conscience that maybe they're culpable for not being sincere enough?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:07 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yep. I'm not sure how they could make it any more obvious. Which detracts from the diversion aspect of the entertainment for me.
Thanks for posting. I really didn't have much interest in taking time to watch the final three episodes because Season 2 has just been lame, IMO and this seals it.

I have zero interest in watching any scripted program that even remotely alludes to the current political climate in the US.

I'd rather watch Chiefs games from 2008 on NFL Game Pass than to subject myself to even more partisan programming.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:37 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If conservatives watching Homeland's behavior believe that the character's portrayal can in any way be interpreted as representative of them, regardless of the lens through which it's being presented, then maybe they need do some soul searching. Because that to me sounds an awful lot like the pangs of a guilty conscience.

I've seen Homeland's behavior the entire time, including this season, as being representative of who Superman would be, if, instead of a farm in Kansas (about as wholesomely conservative an environment as you can get...) he'd instead been raised in a lab by a scientist devoid of much human emotion or empathy (which tends to be how the 'highly educated' (read: communists) are portrayed). Resulting in a lonely, narcissist shell of a superbeing.

I mean, sure, on a surface level he's a spoiled brat who's never worked a day in his life, craves attention and adoration, and spends all his time on social media. Which, yeah, sounds like it may have been intended to be a caricature of a certain commander in chief. But I wouldn't say that's what every conservative is. At all.
The obtuseness, willful or otherwise, displayed in this post isnít worth addressing.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:40 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Thanks for posting. I really didn't have much interest in taking time to watch the final three episodes because Season 2 has just been lame, IMO and this seals it.

I have zero interest in watching any scripted program that even remotely alludes to the current political climate in the US.

I'd rather watch Chiefs games from 2008 on NFL Game Pass than to subject myself to even more partisan programming.
Agree completely. If it were organic to the story that would be one thing. But itís not. Itís lazy writing that resorts to the flavor of the month and brings the viewer out of the story. I canít wait for this phase of society to blow over.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:03 PM 10-03-2020
To be fair, they've gone in pretty hard on corporate performative wokeness, but its still pretty one sided. I liked the show better as a mirror of corporate shittiness and not trying to make a statement on American politics. I like the show a lot, but I cant see myself doing this every season.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:44 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
To be fair, they've gone in pretty hard on corporate performative wokeness, but its still pretty one sided. I liked the show better as a mirror of corporate shittiness and not trying to make a statement on American politics. I like the show a lot, but I cant see myself doing this every season.
Agreed. The Corp commentary fits the story even if it is comically biased.

The politics though. Most people like their entertainment as a break from day-to-day bullshit, not as an unnecessary continuation. Especially the unsubtle, hit you over the head with it variety.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Homelander's egregious behavior portrayed as representative of conservative Americans as viewed through the lens of the social justice contingent.
Wow :-) sorry man, I just donít see the analogy or metaphor. Just seems to be an asshole Superman.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 09:19 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Agree completely. If it were organic to the story that would be one thing. But it’s not. It’s lazy writing that resorts to the flavor of the month and brings the viewer out of the story. I can’t wait for this phase of society to blow over.
Seth Rogen is such a virtue signaling pillowbitergot. It was so bad this episode that it ruined what was easily the best of the season.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up