ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 04-10-2018
Not sure this deserves it's own thread, but damn, there is a lot of outstanding content on Amazon. I've had it for years and never really gave it a shot. The HBO and Funny or Die catalogues alone make it worth the while. The originals are simply value added. I've been watching:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Zach Morris is Trash

Things in my queue:

Man in the High Castle
The Tick
Sneaky Pete
Jack Ryan

Would like to re-watch:

Sopranos
Between Two Ferns
Justified
Parks and Rec

Anything you'd recommend from Prime Video? I feel like a kid in a candy shop (without the requisite time to actually enjoy all the candy...)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:11 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I liked the movie. It was a decent attempt at a unique idea with the time travel. The aliens were typical mindless monsters but they sort of had a throw away scene at the end to make it not as corny with us expecting these things to be mindless monsters also capable of space travel.
It was a combination of The Thing, Alien/Aliens, Edge of Tomorrow and every schlocky family drama. There was absolutely nothing original about the story and everything was completely and utterly predictable.

The score was an abomination. It’s wasn’t creepy when it needed to be creepy and it was pure crap during the action sequences. The opening and ending themes were completely forgettable.

Again, this would have absolutely bombed had it been released in theaters.

It’s cool that some you guys liked it but it wasn’t some kind of genre smashing, epic Sci-Fi adventure, it was slightly above the SyFy Channel.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:12 PM 07-03-2021
I enjoyed it right up until he returned from the future. Fun, mindless fun up to there.

The last 30 minutes were completely unnecessary and trash.

I literally laughed out loud during the final fight scene. It was so corny. Jesus.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:43 AM 07-04-2021
The real story from this movie is J.K. Simmons physique
[Reply]
Groves 10:05 PM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Speaking of J.K. Rowling,

Dane, what’s the word on the street about a Season 3 of Counterpart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:32 PM 07-04-2021
66 year old physique. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:40 PM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by Groves:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Counterpart was canceled after Season 2 and no other network or streamer picked it up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 AM 07-05-2021
Originally Posted by Groves:

J.K. was the only great piece in that series. He needs a better vehicle to show off his talents.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:16 PM 07-06-2021
Anyone watch the cartoon Invincible? I just finished season 1. I thought it was pretty good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:48 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Anyone watch the cartoon Invincible? I just finished season 1. I thought it was pretty good.
There is a thread about it here.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:00 AM 07-07-2021
I never intended to watch it. Just didn't jump out to me as something I'd be interested in. But then.....

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My gal Yvonne Strahovski is in it too.
Hell yeah! Now I'll watch. Except......

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, it's fucking baaaaaaaaaad.

The story takes forever to get going, the alien's backstory is unimaginative and lame and I swear, it looked like Pratt was about to burst out laughing before every line.

There's a good reason why schlock like this is direct to video/streaming. It would have been absolutely embarrassed at the box office.
Yea, going to stick with not going to watch it. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:10 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I never intended to watch it. Just didn't jump out to me as something I'd be interested in. But then.....

Hell yeah! Now I'll watch. Except......

Yea, going to stick with not going to watch it. :-)

[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:06 PM 07-07-2021
The monster designs are ****ing on point to be honest. The film is also pretty watchable up until he gets
Spoiler!
. The last 30 minutes feel like a complete rewrite of the script or whatever story they were going for. I don't regret watching this, mostly because of the aliens to be truthful. They were fantastic and frightening.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:04 PM 07-08-2021
:-)

The movie wrapped up the story to the point where a sequel would just be dumb AF, so of course they're producing a sequel. This franchise is nearly as dumb as Sharknado.

---------

https://deadline.com/2021/07/chris-p...ks-1234788748/

‘The Tomorrow War 2’: Amazon & Skydance Already In Talks For Sequel Reteaming With Chris Pratt, Director Chris McKay & More

EXCLUSIVE: In response to this past weekend’s hugely successful global streaming debut of The Tomorrow War, Skydance and Amazon Studios are in discussions, I hear, on the development of a sequel to the Chris Pratt sci-fi pic.

I understand discussions are in place to bring the whole creative gang back both in front of and behind the camera including director Chris McKay and screenwriter Zach Dean; and stars Pratt, Yvonne Strahovski, Betty Gilpin, Sam Richardson, Edwin Hodge and Oscar winner J.K. Simmons. Paramount is also involved in the sequel; the studio originally attached to distribute the first film theatrically.

The global sci-fi actioner launched on July 2nd around the world exclusively on Prime Video in over 240 countries and territories and debuted at No. 1 across streaming platforms over the holiday weekend, per Screen Engine’s PostVOD. The film ranks as the biggest live-action streaming movie of the summer, starting with Screen Engine’s PostVOD summer reporting in May. There’s been a great response from Amazon Prime users with 20,55K reviews giving the Pratt pic a 4.5 out of 5 stars — one of the highest quantity and positive score on the service for their recent releases over opening week. In addition to the #1 ranking across streaming platforms in the US, Prime Video saw worldwide record-setting viewership in Brazil, India, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Australia, Mexico, Argentina and Japan.

In 3M Smart TV terrestrial households, streaming analytics corp Samba TV reported that 2.4M U.S. Households tuned into Tomorrow War, another big weekend for Amazon in the wake of Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse (2.3M U.S. households 3-day per Samba) and Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (1.6M). Specific to opening weekend, Tomorrow War was No. 1 across the entire entertainment industry (film & tv/streaming & theatrical) for social conversation/interest (TV-I) per analytics firm ListenFirst.

Word of the next installment for The Tomorrow War comes on the heels of the recently announced sequel for Skydance’s The Old Guard at Netflix making Skydance one of the only studios to launch an original film franchise on two different streamers. The first Old Guard starring Charlize Theron is the 6th most watched movie on Netflix pulling in 78M WW households in its first four weeks.

Skydance and Paramount Television Studios also has the series Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan on Amazon. Tomorrow War‘s global success further cements Chris Pratt in his leading status. Although Pratt has been massively successful in the Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World franchises, The Tomorrow War is completely original IP.

Amazon and Skydance would not confirm the news about Tomorrow War 2.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:53 PM 07-08-2021
2Tomorrow 2furious…
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:09 PM 07-08-2021
2Tomorrow 2furious…
The entire movie was pointless.

If humans in the future had instant access to the past, the remaining humans should have synthesized the chemicals that destroyed all of the male Whitespikes, then sent it to the past for mass production.

The past humans could have created weapons, not guns, that would spray the males with the chemical and eliminate them, leaving only the queen. And if they couldn't have transported them to the future, they could have been buried in specific hiding spots for use in the future. Hell, they could have even been given to every country in the world for use against them once the ice melted.

The entire premise was just dumb and the future humans were even dumber.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up