ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 04-10-2018
Not sure this deserves it's own thread, but damn, there is a lot of outstanding content on Amazon. I've had it for years and never really gave it a shot. The HBO and Funny or Die catalogues alone make it worth the while. The originals are simply value added. I've been watching:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Zach Morris is Trash

Things in my queue:

Man in the High Castle
The Tick
Sneaky Pete
Jack Ryan

Would like to re-watch:

Sopranos
Between Two Ferns
Justified
Parks and Rec

Anything you'd recommend from Prime Video? I feel like a kid in a candy shop (without the requisite time to actually enjoy all the candy...)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The chip shortage is expected to raise the price of TV's by 30% or more later this year and into next year, so just like with computer parts, if you're planning to buy, buy now because the prices are not coming down anytime soon.
We only have our-self's to blame. One manufacturing plant in the US. We are totally dependent on Taiwan. That supply could go away in a 1/2 day.

We need to build more manufacturing plants in the USA ASAP. Give private companies whatever tax breaks they need to make that happen.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:35 AM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We only have our-self's to blame. One manufacturing plant in the US. We are totally dependent on Taiwan. That supply could go away in a 1/2 day.

We need to build more manufacturing plants in the USA ASAP. Give private companies whatever tax breaks they need to make that happen.
We’re working on it in Arizona.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/23/inte...n-arizona.html

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Tec...-on-the-desert
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:42 AM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Not a word, not one single syllable. . .
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:41 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

I don't like the sound of that . . .
I’m IN. I think I’ll rewatch it from the beginning just for an appropriate send off.

I’m a sucker for Bosch.
[Reply]
Cheater5 04:47 AM 06-25-2021
FYI-- just a reminder, season 7 drops today.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:46 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
FYI-- just a reminder, season 7 drops today.
Dropped yesterday actually; I watched episode one yesterday evening. Went for the second but, it had been a long draining day and I fell asleep. Getting ready to give it another go now.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:00 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Dropped yesterday actually; I watched episode one yesterday evening. Went for the second but, it had been a long draining day and I fell asleep. Getting ready to give it another go now.
What's the holdup?!?!

Get off your ass and knock on doors.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:58 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What's the holdup?!?!

Get off your ass and knock on doors.
:-)

I’m in the middle of episode seven right now. One more to go.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:05 AM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m IN. I think I’ll rewatch it from the beginning just for an appropriate send off.

I’m a sucker for Bosch.
So I didn’t do this. Couldn’t wait.

Loved it, as I expected. Although I’m open to the idea of being blinded by my love for it to not see it’s flaws.

This season perhaps more than any of them didn’t feel forced. I’m not sure exactly what it is but they pushed through a lot of plot points that in any other hands would be terribly contrived and forced. But it works.

Somehow or another I’m all in on the 3 main characters. Bosch Maddie and Edgar. I was shamelessly rooting for them even when I shouldn’t have been. I was all in. I also love Billets and was rooting for her too. For no more screen time than she had, they made her a pretty compelling character.

Irving is probably my hang up if there is one. Mostly because he’s the same dude he was in The Wire. But they really did a good job of making him a grey character not just some asshole like they did Captain Cooper.

Great stuff. As per usual. I’m a total homer for this show. For whatever reason it worked for me, and as I’ve stated before I’m not much for a police procedural guy.
[Reply]
Bump 01:09 AM 06-28-2021
been nothing I want to watch on this, but then I saw Animal Kingdom on there and just started watching that. About 6 episodes deep in the first season, pretty decent show so far.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 05:37 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Also, Cooties is a fun riff on zombie movies and available on Prime. Found it after turning off Army of Darkness and figured it couldn't be any worse. lol

Good brainless fun!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:41 PM 07-01-2021
Chris Pratt’s ‘The Tomorrow War’ just dropped tonight.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:55 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, I wish I could tell you you're wrong but you know damn well you're not.

People get desensitized to the price increases over time.
Is it just me or does monopoly seem to be the growing norm in most industries now? I know I'm a paranoid fuck but it seems like every major news event is somehow strangling products and resources. The Rona, the riots, the shipwreck, even the weather in Taiwan...
[Reply]
Jerm 10:33 PM 07-01-2021
Just finished season 1 of The Boys…what a show lol.

On to season 2 now….
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:49 PM 07-01-2021
ZeroZeroZero was good...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8332438/
[Reply]
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up