ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 172
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:58 AM 05-17-2021
I've been enjoying the Nevers as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:36 PM 05-17-2021
Just watched the first season of Mythic Quest last night. Great stuff.

Also watched the first season of Russian Doll on Netflix. Weird show, oddly entertaining.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:39 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Mythic Quest is back baby!!

Rewatching S1 to catch me back up, holds up well. Had forgotten that Caitlyn McGee [who now has a network sitcom with Eric 'Dumbass' Forman] was the basement-dwelling Media Relations chick. And man, the DQD storyline hits even harder with the Disney buyout narrative.

I think the best thing about it, on rewatch, is that it tackles SJW stuff while not sacrificing the comedy. Which is, it lets the SJW 'voices' look just as dumb, petty and clueless as the those they are 'fighting.' Tina Fey and Robert Carlock have done that in a lot of their work, and obviously the foundations with McElhenney in IASIP leans WAAY into it. Danny Pudi's Brad character is a great efficient sociopathic reminder that good intentions aren't unidirectional and often don't keep the lights on.

The creative team, McElhenny, Day, and Megan Ganz. Megan comes from Community and Modern Family, and you can see the fingerprints of keeping the bits coming to keep the narrative light.
I really like that it seems ALL viewpoints are fair game - they don't really pick on any one leaning, they make fun of them all.

The only consistent target is the gaming/tech industry, which they've absolutely nailed in an over-the-top way, especially the monetization stuff.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 05-17-2021
My wife got an extra kick out of the shovel episode.

She's recently taken up epoxy resin as an artistic medium and she belongs to a couple of online discussion groups.

Literally 90% of the artwork posted is either a dildo or a bong. :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 03:12 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
My wife got an extra kick out of the shovel episode.

She's recently taken up epoxy resin as an artistic medium and she belongs to a couple of online discussion groups.

Literally 90% of the artwork posted is either a dildo or a bong. :-)
I always did like that. I'd like to do a covered coffee table or bar down stairs with Chiefs stuff under the resin...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:14 AM 05-18-2021
Last night really picked up the pace. All these narratives kind of meandering down a lazy river, and bam, someone threw a stick of dynamite in the middle.

Really really, don't want to get specific because the experience is worth being unspoiled.
Yes, this most recent episode was outstanding. So good.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:51 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by cj2wr:
Mare of Easttown is *chef’s kiss*
I should check that out. The only scene I saw is where she was banging some dude.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:46 PM 05-18-2021
I had absolutely zero interest in Mare of Easttown, but decided to check it out based on the comments here. Actually pretty good, with enough shifts in the whodunnit guesses but nothing really major until this last episode. Winslet does a great job playing a character that at any moment find myself alternately rooting for her or wanting to whap her on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. lol
[Reply]
cj2wr 11:14 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I should check that out. The only scene I saw is where she was banging some dude.
Reminds me some of True Detective season 1
[Reply]
Wilsonsok 01:34 AM 05-19-2021
I was watching a few episodes of psych last night. Becky from Full House played a plastic surgeon and murder suspect.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:17 PM 05-19-2021
Now this is a collab I can get behind

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:34 AM 05-21-2021
All the stuff I said about MQ kicked into high gear on the most recent episode. Really hitting on all cylinders, at least for my tastes.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:47 PM 05-23-2021
Last night really picked up the pace. All these narratives kind of meandering down a lazy river, and bam, someone threw a stick of dynamite in the middle.

Really really, don't want to get specific because the experience is worth being unspoiled.
This effing show!!

Word of advice, if you haven't started Mare of Easttown, hold off until you can watch the whole thing. The weekly cliffhangers are anxiety-inducing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:08 PM 05-23-2021
This effing show!!

Word of advice, if you haven't started Mare of Easttown, hold off until you can watch the whole thing. The weekly cliffhangers are anxiety-inducing.
When is it over?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:15 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
When is it over?
Finale next week.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 172
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Up