ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 1207
« First < 19596566676869 70717273791191695691069 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:02 PM 01-01-2016
Oh and you don't even have to use the cream of tartar is you don't want...but use a pinch of salt.

I also put my batter in my pastry tube with large star pastry tip that I use for cakes. Messy but they look prettier.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:03 PM 01-01-2016
Is the cream of tartar responsible for his cookies looking like they were made in a bakery in downtown Chernobyl?
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:06 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Is the cream of tartar responsible for his cookies looking like they were made in a bakery in downtown Chernobyl?

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:11 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I think it has more to do with his higher temperature than anything as far as I know. I'd have to look into it. I've made meringue cookies three times in my life. I am not exactly an expert. I just know these ones were better than my last, less dry and I did use a much lower temp. Though, just because his look dry and browned doesn't mean they're not light just crunchy all the way through. They're supposed to be crispy on outside and soft inside.

I just thought of something else—I use my clear vanilla extract from Wilton as my natural is dark brown. The clear keeps them white. I'd have to go back and recheck your link to see if he called for that.

Once they're done, you have to turn oven off and let them sit in there to cool down completely per directions I had last. I only went a third of the way letting them cool inside the turned-off oven because I needed my oven to make two other items. On top of it being very humid here. I mean last night it was foggy. So I hope the ones I boxed with a ribbon didn't to soft on me. She left them inside so I don't think so. Afterall, they were a gift for her.

Here's the one I used last with a video.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/MeringueCookies.html

Calls for 200°. So I went under that to 185° to adjust for my oven. They took longer though. By about 15 minutes.

I looked at these too, but I noticed they were browned a little. I don't mind that if I am looking for that but I wanted my all white.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/v...ringue-cookies

Calls for a 250° oven I noticed so I didn't go there seeing the golden brown edges.

You should look up meringue online...you can make other shapes out of them—like ghosts for Halloween treats. And they're not high in calories as they are egg white.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:23 PM 01-01-2016

[Reply]
Donger 12:28 PM 01-01-2016
Fuck you!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:30 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:
Fuck you!

:-)
[Reply]
Donger 12:35 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:

Looks wonderful. Three questions, if you'd be willing to help:

1) You cooked it on the parchment paper, on the stone?

2) I got a block of mozzarella last time, and it was very "wet" when I grated it. It also didn't melt very well, and I think I used too much. What is the above brand?

3) I'm going to proof my dough next time in the microwave or oven. The microwave version is to boil a cup of water in the nuker and then put the dough (in a lightly oiled bowl, covered with plastic or a towel) next to the cup for an hour. Heat is retained somewhat and so is the moisture. Just for reference, the humidity in my house is presently 20%
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:36 PM 01-01-2016
Fuck you!

So in the interest of full disclosure, my Publix sells dough that has been formed into maybe a 10-inch round. Let it rest, and it's pretty easy to stretch out. And I use a baking steel instead of a stone, which disperses heat better and faster and acts closer to a pizza oven.
[Reply]
Donger 12:39 PM 01-01-2016
So in the interest of full disclosure, my Publix sells dough that has been formed into maybe a 10-inch round. Let it rest, and it's pretty easy to stretch out. And I use a baking steel instead of a stone, which disperses heat better and faster and acts closer to a pizza oven.
I've got one of these. Thoughts, instead of the stone?

http://www.amazon.com/Airbake-Natura.../dp/B000063SKQ
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:40 PM 01-01-2016

Looks wonderful. Three questions, if you'd be willing to help:

1) You cooked it on the parchment paper, on the stone?

2) I got a block of mozzarella last time, and it was very "wet" when I grated it. It also didn't melt very well, and I think I used too much. What is the above brand?

3) I'm going to proof my dough next time in the microwave or oven. The microwave version is to boil a cup of water in the nuker and then put the dough (in a lightly oiled bowl, covered with plastic or a towel) next to the cup for an hour. Heat is retained somewhat and so is the moisture. Just for reference, the humidity in my house is presently 20%

1. Yes, parchment directly on the stone. Less cleanup. EDIT: It's also super convenient for putting on the stone and taking off.

2. Brand isn't as important as the type of mozzarella. It sounds like you used fresh, which tastes awesome but is very wet and melts for shit. You want specifically "low-moisture" mozzarella. I typically use Kraft, this was Mt. Sterling Co-op Creamery out of Wisconsin.

3. Sounds like a plan. With the ambient heat in your house, I think using some kind of proof box will help you a lot.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:41 PM 01-01-2016
I've got one of these. Thoughts, instead of the stone?

http://www.amazon.com/Airbake-Natura.../dp/B000063SKQ

DEFINITELY the stone. Just preheat the shit out of it. I have to preheat my steel for a full hour.
[Reply]
Donger 12:48 PM 01-01-2016
1. Yes, parchment directly on the stone. Less cleanup. EDIT: It's also super convenient for putting on the stone and taking off.

2. Brand isn't as important as the type of mozzarella. It sounds like you used fresh, which tastes awesome but is very wet and melts for shit. You want specifically "low-moisture" mozzarella. I typically use Kraft, this was Mt. Sterling Co-op Creamery out of Wisconsin.

3. Sounds like a plan. With the ambient heat in your house, I think using some kind of proof box will help you a lot.
Thank you very much.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:43 PM 01-01-2016
Thank you very much.

Happy to. Good luck on your next trial!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:45 PM 01-01-2016
Oh, I also recommend brushing the outer crust with olive oil prior to baking. It'll help crisp the crust.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 1207
« First < 19596566676869 70717273791191695691069 > Last »
Up