ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 568 of 1207
« First < 68468518558564565566567568 5695705715725786186681068 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
srvy 09:27 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Had some kick ass crab cakes for lunch. About as good as it gets around here.

That looks incredible.
[Reply]
srvy 09:39 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Two dry and one wet..........giggity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice job and I did notice safe smoking procedure :-) in your prior pics.
[Reply]
srvy 09:46 PM 06-24-2017
I dont know if you meat smokers saw this but Lowes has pretty good price on a nice entry offset smoker. OK Joes Highland for 199.00 few minor mods and this thing kicks it. They are not the OK joes of 15 years ago but at 179 lbs pretty sturdy.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oklahoma-Jo...587-_-10926682

[Reply]
srvy 09:51 PM 06-24-2017
Also Foodsaver has some decent prices on vacuum sealers. If I remember some guys were wanting to get one' Thru this link from slickdeals extra 10% off.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10240352-fo...-more-free-s-h
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:31 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Still having trouble getting an appetite after the Chiefs let go Dorsey.
Buy a Jet Ski, you won't care...
[Reply]
scho63 11:36 PM 06-24-2017
Tonight for dinner was something really simple. I bought a small bunch of tomatoes on the vine, there was six, along with some mozzarella and cotija cheese and a bottle of Nobilo Sauvignon blanc.

I took four of them, cut each tomato into 6-7 slices and cut off small slices of both cheeses. I took all the tomato slices and put onto a large white plate. Sprinkled sea salt, cracked pepper, garlic powder and dried basil then put on all the cheese. Then drizzled a small amount of Lite Balsamic Dressing on all of it and let it sit on my kitchen counter for 30 minutes to marinate. Poured a large glass of wine and ate it all.

That was dinner and it was great.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:28 AM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
Tonight for dinner was something really simple. I bought a small bunch of tomatoes on the vine, there was six, along with some mozzarella and cotija cheese and a bottle of Nobilo Sauvignon blanc.

I took four of them, cut each tomato into 6-7 slices and cut off small slices of both cheeses. I took all the tomato slices and put onto a large white plate. Sprinkled sea salt, cracked pepper, garlic powder and dried basil then put on all the cheese. Then drizzled a small amount of Lite Balsamic Dressing on all of it and let it sit on my kitchen counter for 30 minutes to marinate. Poured a large glass of wine and ate it all.

Nice! Next time splurge for the fresh basil at the store, chiffonade it up, and enjoy. Some herbs dry very nicely (rosemary, oregano), but basil isn't one of them.
[Reply]
scho63 09:52 AM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Nice! Next time splurge for the fresh basil at the store, chiffonade it up, and enjoy. Some herbs dry very nicely (rosemary, oregano), but basil isn't one of them.
100% agree and wanted fresh basil but the Walmart I was in had none left and there was no way I was making another stop. The dried basil actually had some flavor after I left everything sit for 30 minutes. Not as good as fresh but it sufficed.
I also wanted heirloom tomatoes and they had none as well.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:14 AM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:

I love tomato and cheese salad too. I use cherry tomatoes cut in half, use some fresh basil and white cheese cut in cubes, drizzle with basalmic dressing... I like Paul Newman dressing. It's really tasty and good for you.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:24 PM 06-25-2017
Homemade beef tongue tacos last night at my buddies house.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:53 PM 06-25-2017
Beef tongue?

Good grief, just knowing what that is—>:-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:57 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Beef tongue?

so we have established you do not like 'tongue and cheek' things :-)
[Reply]
Strongside 03:32 PM 06-25-2017
I've got more leftover comp meat from the Lenexa BBQ Battle this weekend than I know what to do with. Def. having that for supper.
[Reply]
TimBone 03:49 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Beef tongue?

I agree, and it helps that I didn't know what it was the first time I had it. My best friends here were born and raised in Mexico, and the wife is amazing in the kitchen. So, whenever I'm over there and food is put in front of me, I just eat. A couple of years ago, I had downed about five of these tacos before someone mentioned that it was beef tongue. At that point it was too late to care. And it was delicious. Now, about two or three times a year, I'll buy two or three beef tongues from the store, and she'll cook them up for all of us to eat at their place.

We had yellow watermelon for dessert, and then my buddy and I put away an embarrassing amount of craft beer.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:04 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I've got more leftover comp meat from the Lenexa BBQ Battle this weekend than I know what to do with. Def. having that for supper.
surely the food wasn't that bad?

kidding, i got a chance to participate in a small comp near parkes, nsw (the movie 'The Dish', and elvis museum). not sure how i would fare with a larger more organized situation though. :-)
[Reply]
Page 568 of 1207
« First < 68468518558564565566567568 5695705715725786186681068 > Last »
Up