ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 562 of 1207
« First < 62462512552558559560561562 5635645655665726126621062 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:17 AM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
fuck ya'll with you and your diets.. :-)

tonight was lemon pepper and garlic salt salmon (skin on and severely seared). apple sauce and apple cider vinegar zucchini and button squash, seared. and some sort of prepackaged noodle that was a dark cheddar and spinach/cheese based. :-)

it was a 8.5 outta 10 IMO. :-)
Yum!
[Reply]
Sorce 07:04 AM 06-20-2017
Made ramen last night for dinner.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tooge 08:04 AM 06-20-2017
I grilled up some 1.5" thick bone in pork chops seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Added some steamed peas and roasted veggies (onion, mushroom, green pepper, cauliflower). turned out pretty damned good.
Attached: IMG_1174.JPG (125.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:57 AM 06-20-2017

On the grill now two cross cut shanks. Never had before look scrumptious and I marinated them overnight while I was at work. Also some potatoes and carrots and melting some cheese for some smoke cheese to put on the taters and carrots.

I'm using pine spruce wood and it makes much better heat than charcoal and smoking better.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:04 AM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

On the grill now two cross cut shanks. Never had before look scrumptious and I marinated them overnight while I was at work. Also some potatoes and carrots and melting some cheese for some smoke cheese to put on the taters and carrots.

I'm using pine spruce wood and it makes much better heat than charcoal and smoking better.
I hope it turns out well for you. Typically, you'd braise shanks to give the connective tissue time to break down and get tender. And pine for the smoke? Soft wood is usually avoided.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:30 AM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I hope it turns out well for you. Typically, you'd braise shanks to give the connective tissue time to break down and get tender. And pine for the smoke? Soft wood is usually avoided.
I really wish I knew this. I did marinate overnight but some bites are tender but not throughout the steak some of it is tough and that's disappointing but I got great flavors. The smoking is fine and I can use hickory wood chips as well. Just when I use charcoal it doesn't stay hot enough long enough and I have to keep constant heat to cook. I've never used a water smoke grill so some things I'm going have to learn but I'm really liking all the possibilities with it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 06-20-2017

Dude, I'm not going to lie, everything about this sounds absolutley awful.

Do not, under any circumstances, smoke with soft wood. It burns too readily, creates WAY too much creosote and makes your food taste like a campfire. Moreover, you have to constantly feed it so you're constantly combusting rather than the 'cool blue' smoke you want for the flavors of the smoke to actually be discernible.

And smoking a shank rather than braising it. I...uh...wouldn't recommend anything you just did.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 06-20-2017
I really wish I knew this. I did marinate overnight but some bites are tender but not throughout the steak some of it is tough and that's disappointing but I got great flavors. The smoking is fine and I can use hickory wood chips as well. Just when I use charcoal it doesn't stay hot enough long enough and I have to keep constant heat to cook. I've never used a water smoke grill so some things I'm going have to learn but I'm really liking all the possibilities with it.
Look up the minion method.

Dump a half a bag of charcoal (unlit) in your base. Mix a bunch of chunks of wood (not chips; water cannot penetrate deeply enough into hardwood chips to matter so they just burn off and you run into similar creosote problems. Chunks will smolder) in with the unlit charcoal. I'd say 5 fist-sized chunks should be sufficient.

Toss a handful of lit briquettes = maybe 10ish - onto the top of the unlit charcoal and give it about 10 minutes. You'll start to see heavy smoke. DON'T PUT MEAT ON YET. Fire has to get hot enough to burn off the impurities in the smoke. That heavy grey smoke is full of shit you don't want to eat. Once the internals temp on the smoker hits about 250-275, put your meat on. The big, cool piece of meat has enough thermal mass it will drop your internal temp and bring you down to 225 or so.

Now this is all based on a smaller smoker. My big WSM take about 80% of a 20 lb bag to fire and run correctly.

Oh, and never ever EVER close your top vent. Ever. If you have a smoker that doesn't have a top vent like a Brinkman electric or something, drill holes in it. You cannot under any circumstances let that smoke linker in there. Smoke isn't a marinade - it should hit and get gone. Otherwise you're just making a creosote bath for your meat. Finally, don't worry about keeping smoke on the whole time - meat stops taking smoke at 140. Thos shanks probably needed to go to 200 or more to get soft enough to eat. Anything past 140 and you're just flinging impurities at the meat for no benefit.

Go to the virtual bullet website and look around. There appear to be a lot of things you aren't real sure about.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:52 AM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Look up the minion method.
This. ^^^^
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:18 AM 06-20-2017
Thanks for the tips guys. Guess I got a lot more to learn damn. The shanks just looked like good steaks to me didn't know anything about them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 06-20-2017
Thanks for the tips guys. Guess I got a lot more to learn damn. The shanks just looked like good steaks to me didn't know anything about them.
We have a barbecue thread 'round here somewhere as well.

I kinda just say the same shit a lot; I have my thoughts and they don't really change so I suspect if you search 'minion', you'll find that thread with me espousing the same ideas and others probably have some opinions as well (note: if they differ from mine, they are wrong).
[Reply]
O.city 12:10 PM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Where did you get that? I got a couple dry aged ribeyes from horman's (?) A few weeks ago that were really ****ing good.
Hoorman

The dry aged shit goes fast so I pre order it. It's good shit.

Try some of their sausage too. They have a breakfast sausage with peanut butter and maple syrup that my kids go crazy for
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:32 PM 06-20-2017

Taco Truck yo!
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:35 PM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Taco Truck yo!
Authentic Mexican Taco trucks rule!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:41 PM 06-20-2017
They must sprinkle crack in them. Goddamn they are addictive.
[Reply]
Page 562 of 1207
« First < 62462512552558559560561562 5635645655665726126621062 > Last »
Up