ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 1207
« First < 68118158164165166167168 1691701711721782182686681168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
srvy 09:15 AM 05-31-2016
Originally Posted by tooge:
I posted this in the Memorial Day thread but I'm posting here also because it was so badass.

Ok, I went all in this weekend. I've always wanted to make Pastrami at home. I followed these guys recipe, which is a pretty damn close approximation of Katz deli Pastrami, often considered the best there is. Here's the link: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/..._pastrami.html

Now, it is very time consuming, but much of the time is in the smoker, or in the refrigerator, so it's not as bad as it sounds. Just in case it didn't turn out, and since I'd have the smoker rolling, I thought I'd do a full packer cut of brisket also. I've gotta say, the pastrami might be the best thing I've ever made. It melts in your mouth, has amazing flavor, and is, well....perfect. The brisket turned out great as well, and as you can see from the pics below, the point was sick juicy, and I chopped it into burnt ends. It's the second and third pic. Pastrami is the last two. Y'all gotta try this.
That looks amazing Tooge.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:19 AM 05-31-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Is this the Pioneer Woman recipe by any chance? I've had that one bookmarked for a while.
PW recipe is very good, it's our go to soup
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:58 PM 05-31-2016
Tooge. Screw you for not inviting me. :-)

Looks good man.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:07 PM 05-31-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I think I've had that one.
Guy I worked with had it and raved about it. Wish I remembered the name of the place. I would have to bring my own giant crouton in my purse though. Just so I don't get hives. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:50 PM 06-01-2016
I know I've been lazy putting up my meal photos. Here's tonights.

Chicken Mushroom Dinner
Sauteed chicken breast filets, quartered mushrooms, thyme cooked in olive oil and butter. Later added some white wine and chicken broth. ( Tho' I liked it better without the wine and broth in the recipe though this was still very good). Brown rice & orzo cooked in chicken broth and thyme. Fresh organic carrots and organic peas ( frozen). Served with a side garden salad with black olives 'cuz it's National Olive Day.

I eat off a salad plate, so food is crammed tight. This way I eat less.

Here's the recipe. I wanted chicken and mushrooms so googled a recipe. This one looked good.

http://www.marthastewart.com/925229/chicken-mushrooms
Attached: MushroomChickenRS.png (449.5 KB) Chickshroom&RiceRSF.png (467.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:59 PM 06-01-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I know I've been lazy putting up my meal photos. Here's tonights.

Chicken Mushroom Dinner
Sauteed chicken breast filets, quartered mushrooms, thyme cooked in olive oil and butter. Later added some white wine and chicken broth. ( Tho' I liked it better without the wine and broth in the recipe though this was still very good). Brown rice & orzo cooked in chicken broth and thyme. Fresh organic carrots and organic peas ( frozen). Served with a side garden salad with black olives 'cuz it's National Olive Day.

I eat off a salad plate, so food is crammed tight. This way I eat less.

Here's the recipe. I wanted chicken and mushrooms so googled a recipe. This one looked good.

http://www.marthastewart.com/925229/chicken-mushrooms
In regards to National Olive Day, today was take out pizza day in the Gadzooks household. I added green olives and mushrooms to my normal order. It was delicious, (the Wife thought I was nuts).
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:36 AM 06-02-2016
i think it would be fun to do a version of chopped on the board.. of course wouldn't be timed but could come up with some fun "basket" items go from there.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:19 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
In regards to National Olive Day, today was take out pizza day in the Gadzooks household. I added green olives and mushrooms to my normal order. It was delicious, (the Wife thought I was nuts).
:-)

I prefer black ones on pizza.
[Reply]
scho63 12:42 PM 06-02-2016
I posted this in the Memorial Day thread but I'm posting here also because it was so badass.

Ok, I went all in this weekend. I've always wanted to make Pastrami at home. I followed these guys recipe, which is a pretty damn close approximation of Katz deli Pastrami, often considered the best there is.

The brisket turned out great as well, and as you can see from the pics below, the point was sick juicy, and I chopped it into burnt ends. It's the second and third pic. Pastrami is the last two. Y'all gotta try this.
:-)

That looks like some amazing meat. I love pastrami and I love Katz. I'm now craving a weekend trip to NY
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:17 AM 06-05-2016
Working on some easy reheat meals for next week and just improvised a pretty outstanding cream of chicken soup.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:34 PM 06-05-2016
6 huge bone-in pork chops, panko breaded and fried... paprika, garlic powder and black pepper in the panko

Chicken broth parmesan rice pilaf with sweet peas from scratch

Another 75 hour work week ahead so I want plenty of leftovers around, I'm not coming home from a 15 hour day and spending another hour in the kitchen
[Reply]
Donger 03:39 PM 06-05-2016
Grilled bacon-wrapped 4 count shrimp, Jasmine rice and my maple syrup, teriyaki and soy side sauce concoction (for the girls).
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:51 PM 06-05-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:
Grilled bacon-wrapped 4 count shrimp, Jasmine rice and my maple syrup, teriyaki and soy side sauce concoction (for the girls).
If the girls love it thats great, carry on... just not sure about the maple syrup though
[Reply]
Donger 04:53 PM 06-05-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
If the girls love it thats great, carry on... just not sure about the maple syrup though
As was I the first time I made the sauce. It gets reduced significantly. They tend to add it to the plain rice to make it more interesting.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 04:59 PM 06-05-2016

Ok, I went all in this weekend. I've always wanted to make Pastrami at home. I followed these guys recipe, which is a pretty damn close approximation of Katz deli Pastrami, often considered the best there is. Here's the link: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/..._pastrami.html

Now, it is very time consuming, but much of the time is in the smoker, or in the refrigerator, so it's not as bad as it sounds. Just in case it didn't turn out, and since I'd have the smoker rolling, I thought I'd do a full packer cut of brisket also. I've gotta say, the pastrami might be the best thing I've ever made. It melts in your mouth, has amazing flavor, and is, well....perfect. The brisket turned out great as well, and as you can see from the pics below, the point was sick juicy, and I chopped it into burnt ends. It's the second and third pic. Pastrami is the last two. Y'all gotta try this.
Bravo!
[Reply]
Page 168 of 1207
« First < 68118158164165166167168 1691701711721782182686681168 > Last »
Up