ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Hall of Classics>Guess what? Gretz call us classless and deranged
Rain Man 12:55 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by shaneo69:
I suggest that everyone here click on the "Sound off" link just below Gretz' article and tell him what you think about his statement that Greg Robinson, who 4 years ago was trying his best to help the Donks win a Super Bowl, cared more about the Kansas City Chiefs success than fans who have lived and died with the Chiefs for much longer than the past 3 years, and who don't get paid to care about the team.
Here's mine:

Mr. Gretz,

Please do not demean the Chiefs' fan base in your column.

While you were "covering the Pittsburgh Steelers in their glory years," we were loyal to the Chiefs. While Greg Robinson was serving the Denver Broncos and Dick Vermeil was leading the Eagles, we were loyal to the Chiefs. Through rain, snow, strikes, missed kicks, 32nd-ranked defenses, and nose tackles covering wide receivers, we have been loyal to the Chiefs.

The fan base is the ultimate dogged watchdog for the team. Without us, personal loyalties would have overridden the team's best interests, and Mr. Robinson would have returned to lead another disaster on defense. While we applaud his decorum during his resignation, that resignation was made possible only by the loyalty of the fans, and our hue and cry. I applaud the professional and polite authors of firegregrobinson.com for assisting in that process.

We were here before you, before Carl, before Dick, and before everyone but Lamar. We'll still be here when you're all long gone. You may fear us or ridicule us, but you really should respect our presence.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:58 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Here's mine:

Mr. Gretz,

While you were "covering the Pittsburgh Steelers in their glory years," we were loyal to the Chiefs. While Greg Robinson was serving the Denver Broncos and Dick Vermeil was leading the Eagles, we were loyal to the Chiefs. Through rain, snow, strikes, missed kicks, 32nd-ranked defenses, and nose tackles covering wide receivers, we have been loyal to the Chiefs.

The fan base is the ultimate dogged watchdog for the team. Without us, personal loyalties would have overridden the team's best interests, and Mr. Robinson would have returned to lead another disaster on defense. While we applaud his decorum during his resignation, that resignation was made possible only by the loyalty of the fans, and our hue and cry. I applaud the professional and polite authors of firegregrobinson.com for assisting in that process.

We were here before you, before Carl, before Dick, and before everyone but Lamar. We'll still be here when you're all long gone. You may fear us or ridicule us, but you really should respect our presence.
yeah what he said....
[Reply]
Inspector 10:35 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Here's mine:

Mr. Gretz,

I'm still reading through this thread, but I gotta say this is really good. Maybe I'll copy and paste this then pretend I wrote it.

Outstanding!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:18 PM 01-14-2004
Greg Robinson didn't just let Vermeil and the Chiefs down, he let the fans down as well.

For that, many are bitter and mean spirited.

I understand that Robinson is not a bad guy; he tried; he just couldn't get it done.

Now, that doesn't mean I didn't spend a fair part of my sundays cursing his name; but I DO feel sorry for him as a human being.

And I DO respect him greatly for what he did on Tuesday; that was the act of a good soldier.

So let's just move on.

Chris
[Reply]
Phobia 12:20 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So let's just move on.

Chris
No. Let's arrogantly sling mud at the entire customer base instead. That sounds like the thing to do.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 12:31 PM 01-14-2004
Bob Gretz is an assclown. He has no room to call anyone classless and deranged. GROB got exactly what any other employee would have gotten for complete failure to do his job. There sure are a hell of a lot of us classless and deranged people.
[Reply]
ILChief 12:44 PM 01-14-2004
Here is what I sent Gretz, I borrowed some comments from others here:

Mr. Gretz,
I take offense with your calling those behind www.firegregrobinson.com "classless". Fact is, Greg Robinson's defense has been a complete joke for the last two seasons. I don't doubt Robinson is a good guy, but this is a results-oriented league and the results have been terrible. His "defense" costs the Chiefs their best chance at a Superbowl in forever. Excuse us fans (or paying customers) for not smiling while our defense stunk out loud in front of the whole country. As another poster on chiefsplanet.com said, If you are so worried about class, maybe tell Carl Peterson the classy thing would do would be to refund half the money people paid for playoff tickets because Robinson's half of the team didn't show up. I love the Chiefs and probably invest as much time following them as you do. While I did not create firegregrobinson.com, I did sign the petition and would gladly do it again. It wasn't about hurting Greg Robinson, it was about our team winning the Super Bowl. If that makes me classless, then I guess I (and about 3000 other of your paying customers) are. Thank you
[Reply]
TEX 12:49 PM 01-14-2004
I've been a Chiefs fan all my life. Who says the coaches want it more? :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:23 PM 01-14-2004
...without "classless" fans like me, there is no money to fund signing bonuses, contracts, stadiums, advertising, Media, practice facilities and football would go the way of........

Follow me closely here
No fans, no money, no demand, no team, no job for Greg in the first place.

Well, there is always HS football, and maybe some college football players would play for...aneducation.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:21 PM 01-14-2004
Has anyone stopped to think that all the bagging on Gigli has introduced a great deal of stress to the fledgling relationship between J-Lo and Bennifer?
Think about THAT!!!!!
[Reply]
|Zach| 01:52 PM 01-14-2004
I thought the photos were in poor taste and I didn't find them funny but there is no way you can actully think there was true malice behind them....thats just crazy.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:52 PM 01-14-2004
I am really pissed about this article, you know if Gretz wanted to call us classless and deranged on the radio or in the newspaper, that is one thing but to have it posted on the Chiefs website really pisses me off and I don't care what disclaimer is posted underneath the column. Since it is there I take it just as if it comes directly from Lamar, Carl, or Dick and to criticize your fan base and call them names is bullshit!

GROB deserved to be fired and deserved to get the criticism that came his way, if him or anyone in the Chiefs organization can't handle it then they need to leave this profession. These guys are in a high profile position and they get paid millions of dollars to do their jobs and if they can't they need to quit or get fired plain and simple.

So FUG YOU BOB GRETZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
teedubya 01:53 PM 01-14-2004
Lattimer and Headsnap... you are deranged and need to seek help.

:-)
[Reply]
teedubya 01:55 PM 01-14-2004
damn I missed the Robinson Napalm pic, :-(
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:08 PM 01-14-2004
Gretz didn't say he didn't think GR shouldn't have been fired...
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up