ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>Video Card chat
Fish 01:38 PM 01-26-2021
This would be a better alternative(34" Curved, 1440p, 144Hz) for a little bit more: https://www.amazon.com/LG-34GP83A-B-...08FXGXJBH?th=1

Or if you really wanted something closer to that size(38" Curved, 1600p, 144Hz), look at this bad boy: https://www.amazon.com/LG-34GP83A-B-...08FXGXJBH?th=1

EDIT: Here's your 49"er with G-Sync. 240Hz refresh too. HDR. Wow. Little pricey though: https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-49-in...86&sr=8-2&th=1
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:40 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Not sure I would recommend that monitor for you. Especially if you plan on getting a 3070 in the future. You want a monitor with G-Sync capability to take advantage of that high refresh rate potential. With this monitor and your NVidia GPU, you'll be limited to 60Hz refresh rate. The difference between gaming at 60Hz and 144Hz is amazing. You should probably also consider bumping up to 1440p resolution. This one is limited to 1080p. Like I said, if you could see the difference side by side between 1080p 60Hz and 1440p 144Hz, you'd immediately justify spending the extra money.

The problem though, is that you won't find many/any monitors with G-Sync in anything over ~35". Only Freesync(AMD GPU) at that width.

You might also want to consider a monitor that has native 21:9. This one is native 32:9, which is going to display a lot of media as cut off, stretched, or black bars on the sides.
Gotcha - thanks for the input. My main interest is a large monitor (49" would fit the bill). My current monitor is 120hz and I don't want to give that up either.

Given your input, should I be shopping AMD GPU's instead? I really don't have a preference, i've just always bought Nvidia.
[Reply]
Fish 01:45 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Gotcha - thanks for the input. My main interest is a large monitor (49" would fit the bill). My current monitor is 120hz and I don't want to give that up either.

Given your input, should I be shopping AMD GPU's instead? I really don't have a preference, i've just always bought Nvidia.
AMD GPU is definitely an option too, if you really want that monitor. Freesync would give you that 144Hz refresh rate. The new AMD's are pretty stout.

I'd still recommend 1440p over 1080p though.
[Reply]
Pants 03:25 PM 01-26-2021
Fish, didn't Nvidia get scared and make their cards compatible with Freesync like a year ago?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:29 AM 01-27-2021
And whoa, another cool feature that I didn't know about. The ability to hook up two devices at a time. My primary reason for replacing my 2 27" monitors was to use Powertoys for a better split screen functionality for work, and use one of my 27" with my laptop docking station.
[Reply]
Fish 11:48 AM 01-27-2021
And whoa, another cool feature that I didn't know about. The ability to hook up two devices at a time. My primary reason for replacing my 2 27" monitors was to use Powertoys for a better split screen functionality for work, and use one of my 27" with my laptop docking station.
Helllll yeah. Most cards these days will push 4 monitors...
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 12:44 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Helllll yeah. Most cards these days will push 4 monitors...
I meant - the monitor supports 2 separate inputs simultaneously.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:57 PM 01-27-2021
I meant - the monitor supports 2 separate inputs simultaneously.
That's what she said.
[Reply]
Pants 03:01 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
That's what she said.
:-)
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 03:55 PM 01-27-2021
My son is also in the process of building his first gaming computer. A gamer friend of his gave him a list of components that he recommended, which included an MSI 3060 ti trio.
We can't find it in stock anywhere.
We have found (gone now) the MSI 3060 ti Ventus (only 2 fans) and an EVGA 3060 ti. Do the brands make much difference? The component list had an MSI motherboard, is that why they recommended the MSI version of the 3060?
[Reply]
Pants 04:32 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
My son is also in the process of building his first gaming computer. A gamer friend of his gave him a list of components that he recommended, which included an MSI 3060 ti trio.
We can't find it in stock anywhere.
We have found (gone now) the MSI 3060 ti Ventus (only 2 fans) and an EVGA 3060 ti. Do the brands make much difference? The component list had an MSI motherboard, is that why they recommended the MSI version of the 3060?
The brands don't matter at all. Some cards will have better cooling which will let your son potentially set their clocks higher to achieve [very] slightly better performance. Some cards will come pre overclocked. The parts that actually matter are basically all the same across all brands . The things that matter the most are the Nvidia chip numbers (3060 vs 3070 vs 3080 vs 3090) and the Ti vs non-Ti versions (Ti is like a half-step in improvement between the 60-70-80-90).

Any motherboard brand will work with any video card brand (the only exception for now is brand new Intel cards but they are not really a part of this discussion).
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:35 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
The brands don't matter at all. Some cards will have better cooling which will let your son potentially set their clocks higher to achieve [very] slightly better performance. Some cards will come pre overclocked. The parts that actually matter are basically all the same across all brands . The things that matter the most are the Nvidia chip numbers (3060 vs 3070 vs 3080 vs 3090) and the Ti vs non-Ti versions (Ti is like a half-step in improvement between the 60-70-80-90).

Any motherboard brand will work with any video card brand (the only exception for now is brand new Intel cards but they are not really a part of this discussion).
Except Zotac... at least in my opinion and experience. Zotac is a shit tier brand.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:36 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Except Zotac... at least in my opinion and experience. Zotac is a shit tier brand.
Agree also my personal opinion I don't like pny either
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:52 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Agree also my personal opinion I don't like pny either
PNY has always been an off brand. Then again i've had a few Asus products die on me as well as Gigabyte.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:51 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
My new Zotac card came with a 5 year warranty and was highly recommended by someone I trust. The limited experience i've had with Zotac I haven't had any problems.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up