ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>The Umbrella Academy Netflix
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 08-09-2020
Just started it.

I cannot state strongly enough how much I dislike Ellen Page. I would like this show substantially more if there was literally any other person on earth playing her role.
[Reply]
penchief 10:32 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just started it.

I cannot state strongly enough how much I dislike Ellen Page. I would like this show substantially more if there was literally any other person on earth playing her role.
I agree. At times it works but most of the time it doesn't. Kristen Stewart would have been a better choice for sulky lesbian character.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:28 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
I agree. At times it works but most of the time it doesn't. Kristen Stewart would have been a better choice for sulky lesbian character.
Kristin Stewart would never agree to do TV at this point in her career.

Ellen Page is Ellen Page in absolutely every role but I wouldn't say that the Director of this series has been, by any measure, a strong point of this series, either.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:43 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
John Goodman would've been a better choice for a sulky lesbian character.

Ellen Page sucks so very, very much.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 06-23-2022
Just started it.

John Goodman would've been a better choice for a sulky lesbian character.

Ellen Page sucks so very, very much.
Well hell - I wasn't even that far off...

Again - Ellen Page is just the fucking worst.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:10 PM 06-23-2022
Well hell - I wasn't even that far off...

Again - Ellen Page is just the fucking worst.
:-)

At least I got to see her tits before she became a dude.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:37 PM 08-09-2020
Just started it.

I said it in post #39 but I'll say it again: Ellen Page is atrocious. She takes me out of my suspension of disbelief in anything she's in. She's so bad she is the anti-fourth wall.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:42 AM 08-10-2020
Just started it.

This.
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:24 AM 08-10-2020
I am kinda with the majority of people here... the second season was way better than the first, Five is the best character out of them all, and Ellen Page is just ass.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:27 AM 08-10-2020
I watched the first season, it was shitty, makes me not want to watch the second.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:00 AM 08-10-2020
I finished Season 2 last night and while it was much better than Season 1, the ending was quite underwhelming, IMO.

There is some potential for great storytelling but for whatever reason, the decision to focus on lame characters like Diego and Allison is strange to me because they're the two least interesting characters.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 06:16 PM 08-10-2020
Just finished the second season. Meh. Better than the first season, but still pretty lousy. How can you have a superhero series with such boring superheroes? There was so much potential for a more exiting story, but it just felt lazy and full of deus ex machina trope.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08-10-2020, 06:37 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
Fish 08:58 PM 08-10-2020
Gotta admit I was kind of excited seeing a bunch of positive reviews here before watching. But it just fell flat. The actress that plays Allison seems capable and interesting. But man, that character is just worthless. Rumor power? Klaus too. That character is sooo annoying and super useless. For many of them, their character's motivation just made no sense at all, and felt shoehorned into the plot. Like Diego's insistence on messing up the JFK timeline. The family just glossing over their sister repeatedly attacking them and blowing shit up?

And then Lila:

Spoiler!

5:

Spoiler!

Reginald:

Spoiler!

Meh.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:25 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
But it just fell flat. The actress that plays Allison seems capable and interesting. But man, that character is just worthless. Rumor power? Klaus too. That character is sooo annoying and super useless. For many of them, their character's motivation just made no sense at all, and felt shoehorned into the plot. Like Diego's insistence on messing up the JFK timeline. The family just glossing over their sister repeatedly attacking them and blowing shit up?
Rumor power, tentacles, speaking with the dead, a super strong "Ape Man", a guy that can "bend metal", a shitty father figure and a kid that can time travel out of any situation seem like characters a child in psychotherapy would create, not an adult with an iota of imagination, not to mention, the girl who can destroy the world with a blink of an eye.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up