ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep doubting CEH
TwistedChief 07:36 PM 09-23-2021
Yup, it's time to go there.

Clyde is being sold below guys on our practice squad (mOrE GOre!!). The Mayocks of CP are coming out of the woodwork to revisit the draft and the 'wasted' first round pick on a RB. He's slow. He's unathletic. He has no vision. He can't pass block. He completely sucks.

I'm not sold on this narrative.

Fumble was inexcusable but highly atypical. Guy has struggled with vision this year. But he flashed early last year. He's still figuring out this OL and the Chiefs are still figuring out how to use him in this system. He was named the MVP of the best college (spread) offense I think we might ever see. He has talent. Just needs to re-find his groove.

I'm not giving up on him as we've seen Reid do more with a lot less. And I think Clyde is primed to turn it up from here.

So, not a homer take. Just a take that's being less pessimistic after a difficult loss. Let this be a safe space for those who haven't given up on Clyde.

I believe.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:43 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Imagine taking criticism of a player so personally that you feel the need to stop people from posting their opinion while insulting them for having a different opinion than you.

That's some strong dilphag9 energy you brought to that post. Hope you feel better after your tantrum.

Outside of the one big run that popped open for his career long where I could hear him mentally screaming please, GOD, don't let me **** this up!, the guy was 7 rushes for 22 yards.

Same old 3 yards and a cloud of dust we've seen from him his whole career, outside of a few outlier big games he has that inflates his average above this.

It was nice to see him used as a receiver for sure, but the guy as a runner, he's just not it.

Guys that get stopped at 3 yards a lot need to have that threat to score from anywhere speed. This justifies sticking to him and wasting downs for 2-3 yards, because there's always that chance to bust it. Clyde ain't outrunning nobody, and he knows it, and 3ypc on the rest, it's just meh.

Until last night, Clyde hadn't even broken a longer run than his qb, and for 7 of his 8 attempts rushing, was same old Clyde.

So forgive the masses if the one lightning strike 52 yard run where he looks scared shitless, doesn't really sway people in regard to his rushing ability.

Now as a receiver, like what we all thought he was going to kill it doing, he's showing that we've wasted his talents there for a couple seasons.

But on the other hand when you have Hill and Kelce dominating downfield, and a killer at qb, those checkdowns and short designed routes just weren't as appealing.

I don't think anyone wants to see Clyde fail, but as a rusher, he's just not that great. It is what it is.
I don’t think “not great” is accurate. He’s played pretty well. But yeah, I do think his typical run tends to be 3-4 yards. And our offense more than ever needs chunk yards to support our pass game. They’ve gotta steal a few first downs for mahomes.

I like mckinnons consistency more. He has more ability to break loose beyond nickel and diming. Though I get why we’d use him sparingly in the regular season. McKinnon has played every bit as well as ceh except for the goal line, where I’m still confused about why McKinnon was our go to in that situation
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:43 AM 09-16-2022
he's now a "plus player"
[Reply]
Fish 10:51 AM 09-16-2022
On that long run of his, it looked like someone told him before the play "Don't fucking fumble or we're going to cut your balls off."
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:53 AM 09-16-2022
Hopefully Clyde is a finalist for Angry runs this week. He trucked James on that pass play in the 4th and then move about 3 more guys 3-4 more yards at the end of that run.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:10 PM 09-16-2022
why can't we have a regular back the way he carries the ball. We got shady just putting it out there all weird then we have CEH hugging the ball like a ham from super market sweep
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:28 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he's now a "plus player"
Did you see that cut back?
[Reply]
arrwheader 01:28 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Against a very good defense, Clyde had 116 yards from scrimmage. Extrapolate that over 17 games.

And you guys think that's base level? Almost 2000 yards from scrimmage?
Expectations of a 1 round running back I'd say yes.

It about value at his position and when we have a 7th round guy out there doing well as well as other RBs we've picked up off the street or drafted late in the past, people have higher expectations for a RB drafted in round 1.

I've been a Clyde doubter but I will say he's looked much better last two games hope he builds more on this and he's putting it all together. Great game from him yesterday. So far proving me wrong this year.

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:14 PM 09-16-2022
I rate CEH last 2 performances

10 lines of Cocaine with Jill Kelly and two of her hottest girl friends with bumps between organisms..
He's looked good
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 02:17 PM 09-16-2022
Still lacking in the short yardage area. Needs to be better.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:20 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Expectations of a 1 round running back I'd say yes.

It about value at his position and when we have a 7th round guy out there doing well as well as other RBs we've picked up off the street or drafted late in the past, people have higher expectations for a RB drafted in round 1.

I've been a Clyde doubter but I will say he's looked much better last two games hope he builds more on this and he's putting it all together. Great game from him yesterday. So far proving me wrong this year.

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk
Nobody cares about that.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:21 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Nobody cares about that.
Then you wouldn't have responded to that portion of his post.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:22 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
CEH is playing really well. I'll eat some crow. THought he sucked.

Looks solid.
There's no need to eat crow. I simply didn't understand the rush to write him off. As far as I know, there's no reward for being first in calling him a "bust."
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:40 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Then you wouldn't have responded to that portion of his post.
His point was draft status is now irrelevant. It’s what can you produce for me today relative to other immediate realistic alternatives.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:41 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
His point was draft status is now irrelevant. It’s what can you produce for me today relative to other immediate realistic alternatives.
Precisely.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:41 PM 09-16-2022
CEH is the best back on the roster. If he wasn’t, they wouldn’t be playing him like they are. People need to accept reality
[Reply]
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Up