ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep doubting CEH
TwistedChief 07:36 PM 09-23-2021
Yup, it's time to go there.

Clyde is being sold below guys on our practice squad (mOrE GOre!!). The Mayocks of CP are coming out of the woodwork to revisit the draft and the 'wasted' first round pick on a RB. He's slow. He's unathletic. He has no vision. He can't pass block. He completely sucks.

I'm not sold on this narrative.

Fumble was inexcusable but highly atypical. Guy has struggled with vision this year. But he flashed early last year. He's still figuring out this OL and the Chiefs are still figuring out how to use him in this system. He was named the MVP of the best college (spread) offense I think we might ever see. He has talent. Just needs to re-find his groove.

I'm not giving up on him as we've seen Reid do more with a lot less. And I think Clyde is primed to turn it up from here.

So, not a homer take. Just a take that's being less pessimistic after a difficult loss. Let this be a safe space for those who haven't given up on Clyde.

I believe.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:55 AM 09-16-2022
Against a very good defense, Clyde had 116 yards from scrimmage. Extrapolate that over 17 games.

And you guys think that's base level? Almost 2000 yards from scrimmage?
[Reply]
O.city 07:56 AM 09-16-2022
CEH is playing really well. I'll eat some crow. THought he sucked.

Looks solid.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:08 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Clyde played well. I think he's not an RB1 but a nice piece for your passing game, and his output is going to depend on usage and game flow. He doesn't deserve the flak he gets around here.
I think the hate was fairly deserved. He wasn’t a good rb last year and even the year before once defenses figured him out. He does seem much better this year and I’ll give credit where it’s due. Hopeful he’s turned a corner and of course want him to succeed. I do agree that I see him more as an RB2 which is plenty acceptable. I think our RBs benefit from defenses daring us to run and to their credit they’ve been taking what they’re given, which is more than you can say for last season
[Reply]
luv 08:13 AM 09-16-2022
I still have the underlying "fingers crossed" mentality whenever he has the ball. It'll take not getting injured by week 4 in order for me to start feeling at ease. Loved the run with him just hugging the ball.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:06 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
JFC.

CEH averages 9.3yds/carry with a 52 yd long run plus 11 yds/reception, and still some CP reeruns have to find a way to bitch.

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with you morons? Our RB had a great day against a top-10 defense. Please, if you can't be happy for the guy, just shut the **** up, damn. God, reeruns are so ****ing annoying.
Imagine taking criticism of a player so personally that you feel the need to stop people from posting their opinion while insulting them for having a different opinion than you.

That's some strong dilphag9 energy you brought to that post. Hope you feel better after your tantrum.

Outside of the one big run that popped open for his career long where I could hear him mentally screaming please, GOD, don't let me **** this up!, the guy was 7 rushes for 22 yards.

Same old 3 yards and a cloud of dust we've seen from him his whole career, outside of a few outlier big games he has that inflates his average above this.

It was nice to see him used as a receiver for sure, but the guy as a runner, he's just not it.

Guys that get stopped at 3 yards a lot need to have that threat to score from anywhere speed. This justifies sticking to him and wasting downs for 2-3 yards, because there's always that chance to bust it. Clyde ain't outrunning nobody, and he knows it, and 3ypc on the rest, it's just meh.

Until last night, Clyde hadn't even broken a longer run than his qb, and for 7 of his 8 attempts rushing, was same old Clyde.

So forgive the masses if the one lightning strike 52 yard run where he looks scared shitless, doesn't really sway people in regard to his rushing ability.

Now as a receiver, like what we all thought he was going to kill it doing, he's showing that we've wasted his talents there for a couple seasons.

But on the other hand when you have Hill and Kelce dominating downfield, and a killer at qb, those checkdowns and short designed routes just weren't as appealing.

I don't think anyone wants to see Clyde fail, but as a rusher, he's just not that great. It is what it is.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:16 AM 09-16-2022
He was really solid. Good in week 1 as well.

If he keeps it up, it's only going to make Veach and the FO look more masterful.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:22 AM 09-16-2022
I really wonder if injuries and shit were affecting him the last 2 seasons. He's starting to look more like he did in his NFL debut where he was juking the Texans defenders out of their jock straps. One of those injuries he had looked really bad. I was surprised it wasn't worse than it was. And when he came back he looked slow and non-explosive. Like he was running in cement with ankle weights on.

This season though...he's healthy and looking damn good. I hope he keeps it going.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:27 AM 09-16-2022
He finally looks like the guy we thought we were getting when he was drafted.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:34 AM 09-16-2022
Dude is a lethal weapon in the passing game, A level gamer. That's why we drafted him. When LB'ers cover him he generates immediate separation on his cuts.

My knock on him hasn't changed. Clyde in the open field gets run chased down. If he had wheels he would of had a looooooong TD last night. Other than that, the guy guys a huge roll in this offense. He's the best RB on the team by a lot.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:38 AM 09-16-2022
Credit where due, thats two really solid games in a row now

I have no bitches, gripes or complaints
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:45 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
CEH is playing really well. I'll eat some crow. THought he sucked.

Looks solid.
I have been one of the biggest CEH bitchers and through 2 games has mostly impressed me. Hope it continues.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:45 AM 09-16-2022
He was clearly not healthy last year, that's for sure.

He's starting to fit in really well here. With him, McKinnion and Pacheco, we've got a very nice group. I love the way they're rotating all the backs, receivers and tight ends. It really keeps the defense on their toes.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:47 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Credit where due, thats two really solid games in a row now

I have no bitches, gripes or complaints
I think I gave the RB room as a whole like a C- coming into week 1.

They’ve been a solid B so far. No complaints from me. Pleasantly surprised.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:00 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think I gave the RB room as a whole like a C- coming into week 1.

They’ve been a solid B so far. No complaints from me. Pleasantly surprised.
If a pretty good back like Ronald Jones can barely make the team, you're doing okay at that position.
[Reply]
mabbott 10:39 AM 09-16-2022
I am glad that he is playing well. I liked him coming out of college and hoped he would do well here. Not all running backs have break away speed and most of those that do can't get to the opening to use it.

CEH is a weapon in the pass game and is above average in the run game. I don't care what happened the last two years because that doesn't matter now. He is playing great this year and he has been a part of the Chiefs success.

I hope he keeps it up! I still think his slide was a good decision based on the angles the defense had. If he kept running the defense would have pushed him out of bounds and stopped the clock. Two bad things happened on that play, a penalty on the defense that stopped the clock and a missed facemask call that would have added yards to the drive!

I feel CEH is one of those players like Fisher that people will always have issues with because of where he was drafted. I feel the same way about Hardman... CEH and Hardman were drafted because we had a "need" at the time.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up