ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 21
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep doubting CEH
TwistedChief 07:36 PM 09-23-2021
Yup, it's time to go there.

Clyde is being sold below guys on our practice squad (mOrE GOre!!). The Mayocks of CP are coming out of the woodwork to revisit the draft and the 'wasted' first round pick on a RB. He's slow. He's unathletic. He has no vision. He can't pass block. He completely sucks.

I'm not sold on this narrative.

Fumble was inexcusable but highly atypical. Guy has struggled with vision this year. But he flashed early last year. He's still figuring out this OL and the Chiefs are still figuring out how to use him in this system. He was named the MVP of the best college (spread) offense I think we might ever see. He has talent. Just needs to re-find his groove.

I'm not giving up on him as we've seen Reid do more with a lot less. And I think Clyde is primed to turn it up from here.

So, not a homer take. Just a take that's being less pessimistic after a difficult loss. Let this be a safe space for those who haven't given up on Clyde.

I believe.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:45 PM 09-25-2021
Take it with a large grain of salt, but I did read yesterday that Clyde had his most “prolific” week of practice since joining the team
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:34 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Take it with a large grain of salt, but I did read yesterday that Clyde had his most “prolific” week of practice since joining the team
This is the best news I’ve heard since Ward got lasik.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:38 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is the best news I’ve heard since Ward got lasik.
:-) everything’s fixed, we’re gonna be fine!
[Reply]
notorious 03:47 PM 09-25-2021
I took a prolific shit this week.

It still smelled as bad as the rest.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:50 PM 09-25-2021
I hope his ankle is not a permanent issue.

Without that burst he is nothing and we wasted a pick where we could have drafted Higgins.

I am not ruling out that he can improve but I think I've ruled out him ever justifying that first round pick.
[Reply]
notorious 03:52 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I hope his ankle is not a permanent issue.

Without that burst he is nothing and we wasted a pick where we could have drafted Higgins.

I am not ruling out that he can improve but I think I've ruled out him ever justifying that first round pick.
Sound reasoning.

I just want him to be average.

Is that asking too much?
[Reply]
old_geezer 06:00 PM 09-25-2021
A one legged blind man would look good running against our defense. Let's see what he does when he plays against a another team.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:03 PM 09-25-2021
CEH is the Breeland Speaks of running backs.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:07 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
A one legged blind man would look good running against our defense. Let's see what he does when he plays against a another team.
Been thinking the same thing… “ok fine he’s running all over Niemann and Hitchens at practice, but that’s not saying much”

If he sucks again tomorrow, I do have faith that we’ll see a shakeup at RB
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:45 PM 09-25-2021
Been thinking the same thing… “ok fine he’s running all over Niemann and Hitchens at practice, but that’s not saying much”

If he sucks again tomorrow, I do have faith that we’ll see a shakeup at RB
Why even give him tomorrow? 1-2 with a divisional loss isn't the time to start really trying in a season. The rest of the league has been really trying the whole time, and an NFL season is a sprint, not a marathon.

Darrel Williams can do everything CEH does, except he can secure the ball and he has a bit of power. I've seen him make a pass block before too. McKinnon could be better than both.

We've seen CEH, and it just isn't happening, and he's been in the league forever in running back years. Maybe he can excel with a change of scenery, like Trent Richardson when he went from the Browns to the Colts.

Oh wait.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:01 PM 09-25-2021
gOT dAMN i WISH WE HAD dAMIEN wILLIAMS STILL.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:02 PM 09-25-2021
Clyde is going to be given every opportunity to shine tomorrow… bank on it, Comrade Sillybitch
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:05 PM 09-25-2021
They turned him loose last year in Buff. He was great. Let's hope he looks like that tommorow if they try and get him involved more.
[Reply]
jettio 07:47 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah...that's why he's averaging 3.2 yards lmao. He has 8 runs this season 5 yards or more. He has 19 runs of 5 or less. Those numbers should be flipped at worst given what the line has been giving him.
So Clyde has 2/3rds of chiefs rushing carries and has the same ypc as the ypc for all the carries by players other than him.

The offense has not done a great job on running plays, but they have had less snaps overall because of the way the games have played out.

This idea that a fan can watch a game from the normal camera angle and figure out what would happen if the ball carriers moved a little differently is nonsense.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 07:57 PM 09-25-2021
All those years of great running backs and we never had a QB. Now that we got a QB we can't run the ball for shit. Jamaal could find a crease between a gnat's ass cheeks while playing behind some pretty shit offensive lines.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 21
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up