ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 623 of 3903
« First < 123523573613619620621622623 62462562662763367372311231623 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:45 PM 03-22-2020
as it stand right now you are not going to avoid getting it so why shut anything down other than to delay it? Old people stay home young go work
[Reply]
TLO 02:48 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
West Virginia made news because they were the last state with a case and having the fewest cases, but they are barely testing. They've still done less than 400 tests, total.
I wishMissouri would tell us how many tests they've done.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:48 PM 03-22-2020

Coronavirus in the New York City Police Department, per @NYPDShea:

-98 confirmed cases: 70 uniform officers, 28 civilian employees
-3 currently hospitalized
-1 discharged today
-Officers calling out sick at nearly twice the normal rate since about March 17

— Ashley Southall (@AshleyAtTimes) March 22, 2020

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:49 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
oaklandhater has a new website up. https://www.covidactnow.org/

In all seriousness, it's pretty bleak when even the state with the fewest cases (WV) shows 3-month quarantine NOW.
Its hard to accept the large gap between social distancing and shelter in place on those graphs. I'm fine being sheltered in place(?), but doesn't feel like much has changed here as far as movement and the number of things considered essential kind of sends mixed signals.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:50 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
as it stand right now you are not going to avoid getting it so why shut anything down other than to delay it? Old people stay home young go work
They’re seeing a pretty even split between under 50 and 50 and over in NYC requiring hospitalization and life support.

This is all about not having so many people getting seriously sick at the same time and being forced to let some percentage of those effected die.

I’m not even sure if this more deadly than normal flu based on the high likelihood that many of us have it or had it and don’t know. But that’s not the reason for the shutdown. It’s all about being able to have health care function and not get overrun and people dying because of it.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:51 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Its hard to accept the large gap between social distancing and shelter in place on those graphs. I'm fine being sheltered in place(?), but doesn't feel like much has changed here as far as movement and the number of things considered essential kind of sends mixed signals.
Cases double at different rates (2-4 days) from the moment you shelter in place.

It takes weeks for the results to take hold.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:53 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Cases double at different rates (2-4 days) from the moment you shelter in place.

It takes weeks for the results to take hold.
Right, but shelter in place seems to vary by the place.
[Reply]
Donger 02:53 PM 03-22-2020
as it stand right now you are not going to avoid getting it
That's a ridiculous thing to say.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:55 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by :
A 64-year-old man leaped to his death from a luxury apartment building in Manhattan, police said Saturday.

The unidentified man jumped from a 16th-floor window of the Tribeca Park apartment building on Chambers Street near North End Avenue, where he lived, at about 11 p.m. Friday, authorities said.

He landed in the building’s courtyard and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Source
[Reply]
AustinChief 02:55 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
West Virginia made news because they were the last state with a case and having the fewest cases, but they are barely testing. They've still done less than 400 tests, total.
Coal miners are so used to respiratory issues that they probably haven't even noticed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:59 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Source
Sounds like the market is about to tank.
[Reply]
AustinChief 03:00 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Ok so based on these figures... a 3% hospitalization rate for those we KNOW about in NYPD and you have to imagine there is a significant number of current unknowns and people who have had it and cleared it.

The other problem with this data (besides being a tiny sample) is that I doubt there are many elderly NYPD employees, so this will skew youngish (not necessarily healthy though, I've seen tons of fat diabetic cops).
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:00 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Sounds like the market is about to tank.
"A 64-year-old man left a grim suicide note before leaping to his death from his luxury apartment building in Manhattan, The Post has learned.

“How do you enjoy life?” the man’s note read, police sources said."
[Reply]
oaklandhater 03:01 PM 03-22-2020

Oscar-winning movie producer Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for #COVID19 virus at an upstate New York prison, CNHI has learned. Exclusive report coming from @TipMahoney #MeToo

— Joe Mahoney (@TipMahoney) March 22, 2020

[Reply]
Rasputin 03:02 PM 03-22-2020

I feel that it is inevitable that I get it and having COPD it could kill me, but if you only get it once and never again I'm like bring it on and if I live I live and if I die then ~ Well Bye
[Reply]
Page 623 of 3903
« First < 123523573613619620621622623 62462562662763367372311231623 > Last »
Up