ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 622 of 3903
« First < 122522572612618619620621622 62362462562663267272211221622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:57 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Shows us at 2%.

I'm not sure I trust these numbers completely but that is far more likely compared to 20%

Btw it's not just asymptomatic people that skew the numbers from what you are seeing, their are a number of people who have had the virus with mild symptoms and cleared it and will never go reported. We have no idea what that number is unfortunately, but it could be a very substantial portion of the population given how long the virus has been in the US and how quickly it spreads.
Yeah those numbers are pretty accepted as being wrong in the US.

There is also a delaying factor as it takes patients time to get sick and become critical.

Relying on an average of the world and what the Drs were saying.

Hopefully they end up being lower but I don’t think it is 2% based on what the rest of the world is seeing — agree with you that there are all kinds of variables that can change it but suspect it will be close at the end of the day.
[Reply]
TLO 01:57 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://twitter.com/palafo/status/12...527876097?s=21
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
State graphs of last date each state can act before "point of no return". https://covidactnow.org/state/MO?fbc...4vgDkOoljohtNQ
Originally Posted by ChiefEd:
New York new cases just dropped back to 5K on Worldometers site. Error?
I don't know what to make of any of this.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:58 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefEd:
New York new cases just dropped back to 5K on Worldometers site. Error?
Clearly.

Wiseacres have been hacking them — this is great news.
[Reply]
Donger 02:00 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Clearly.

Wiseacres have been hacking them — this is great news.
What kind of sick, twisted fucker would do that?
[Reply]
O.city 02:02 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I don't know what to make of any of this.
The one I posted from Iceland kind of goes along with the thought that’s there’s a lot of asymptomatic patients and very mild cases out there that never get tested.

That’s bad in that they can spread it to more people and quicker

But could be looked at as being good since it will allow it to burn thru the population quicker and immunity achieved. It will also theoretically lower the death rate substantially.

The way I kind of interpret that is that it may not actually be that much more virulent than the flu, but essentially we’re gonna do flu season (which is normally 6 months) in about a month woth a virus that we have no immunization to and have never experienced it before so no immunity
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:05 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by :
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard predicted the U.S. unemployment rate may hit 30% in the second quarter because of shutdowns to combat the coronavirus, with an unprecedented 50% drop in gross domestic product.

Bullard called for a powerful fiscal response to replace the $2.5 trillion in lost income that quarter to ensure a strong eventual U.S. recovery, adding the Fed would be poised to do more to ensure markets function during a period of high volatility.
Source
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:09 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What kind of sick, twisted ****er would do that?
Same ones pretending to need care only to steal medical supplies in the ER?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:25 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Source
dont have to know economics to know they need to get a shit ton of cash into workers hands so they can spend it or we are all going to be fucked longer than a couple of months. .
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:26 PM 03-22-2020

The Police in Mallorca, Spain making rounds around villages on lock down to do this ��

To alleviate the anxiety of the people and to keep them entertained ❤ pic.twitter.com/lHZCnKmxgr

— StanceGrounded (@_SJPeace_) March 22, 2020

[Reply]
oaklandhater 02:29 PM 03-22-2020
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...n/?arc404=true

kinda of wish it was just national at this point state to state seems pointless.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:35 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Same ones pretending to need care only to steal medical supplies in the ER?
I wouldn't say they're the same. The people pretending to need emergency care are way worse than some idiot nerds changing a number on a website. The ones that are faking illness to steal are taking up valuable time from doctors and nurses, potentially taking a room from someone who needs it, and taking valuable limited medical supplies that they dont need.

Those fucking scum bags need to experience the worst version of this virus and not be able to get treatment because they stole it from the hospital.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:37 PM 03-22-2020
oaklandhater has a new website up. https://www.covidactnow.org/

In all seriousness, it's pretty bleak when even the state with the fewest cases (WV) shows 3-month quarantine NOW.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:39 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...n/?arc404=true

kinda of wish it was just national at this point state to state seems pointless.
At the link there are picture after picture of people congregating.

NYC is running subways (I understand the point about people needing it to get around and doctors getting to work).

Not sure how you stop the spread while people continue to get together.
[Reply]
AustinChief 02:44 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The way I kind of interpret that is that it may not actually be that much more virulent than the flu, but essentially we’re gonna do flu season (which is normally 6 months) in about a month woth a virus that we have no immunization to and have never experienced it before so no immunity
This is how I am leaning at this time as well.
[Reply]
tk13 02:44 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
oaklandhater has a new website up. https://www.covidactnow.org/

In all seriousness, it's pretty bleak when even the state with the fewest cases (WV) shows 3-month quarantine NOW.
West Virginia made news because they were the last state with a case and having the fewest cases, but they are barely testing. They've still done less than 400 tests, total.
[Reply]
Page 622 of 3903
« First < 122522572612618619620621622 62362462562663267272211221622 > Last »
Up