ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 35
« First < 212728293031 32333435 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Thread
dlphg9 10:42 PM 12-13-2018
Seriously fuck him. He can't play when it really matters? Can't come in for the last drive of the game, because he tore his pussy? What was the point in him playing at all? He didn't look tired and didn't look hurt, so why couldn't he play for 10 more plays? He could have probably helped a lot on that final drive. Worthless fuck
[Reply]
scho63 08:26 PM 02-04-2021
For a guy who played his whole career in KC and the Chiefs took real good care of him, he just disappeared.

I never see the guy ever on NFL shows or any mention of him in KC.

That always seemed odd to me.
[Reply]
notorious 09:11 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
If Berry was willing to come back on a vet min deal, I think it would be really cool to bring him back this next year. Would be much closer to a Sorenson role compared to HB, but having him as 3rd/4th Safety could be intriguing. He surely would still get respect in the league for all he overcame, and as long as he’s back in shape and fully healed from his leg injuries, could be a cool storyline. Those are needed for team motivation when talking about going for a third title in a row. “Run it back again!” isn't that moving.
Fuck no. :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:24 PM 02-04-2021
If Berry was willing to come back on a vet min deal, I think it would be really cool to bring him back this next year. Would be much closer to a Sorenson role compared to HB, but having him as 3rd/4th Safety could be intriguing. He surely would still get respect in the league for all he overcame, and as long as he’s back in shape and fully healed from his leg injuries, could be a cool storyline. Those are needed for team motivation when talking about going for a third title in a row. “Run it back again!” isn't that moving.
:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 09:47 PM 02-04-2021
:-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:52 PM 02-04-2021
The only contract Eric Berry will ever get from the Chiefs again is a ceremonial one day retirement contract.
[Reply]
Flying High D 10:16 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wtf? Guy hasn't worn Chiefs colors in nearly 3 years . . . stick, dead horse.

There was a time he was the best defensive player on the team. He overcame cancer and returned to have a great season or two. Then he had some lower leg issue and was never the same. Shit happens.

It's 2021, and Berry hasn't been a Chief for a long time. We're Super Bowl fucking champs. Three days from probably winning another Ring. The war is over, for God's sake. This is the promised Land we're currently living in.

Move the fuck on, bitches.

Goddamn, I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger group of straight up crybabies in my life, and I spent nearly 10 years in sales and advertising.
Strong here the Hobospirit is
[Reply]
threebag 11:54 PM 02-04-2021
Fuck Haglunds and his Achilles Spirit
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:04 AM 02-05-2021
It's funny how the cry babies still moan their ass off over Berry but remain radio silent over Mitch this year. At least Berry came back for the playoffs!!..Mitch left the game in Buffalo and now his face is on a milk box!!..but hey...he's better than a guy who battled back from cancer and put his body on the line for this team, right? Smh.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:56 AM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
It's funny how the cry babies still moan their ass off over Berry but remain radio silent over Mitch this year. At least Berry came back for the playoffs!!..Mitch left the game in Buffalo and now his face is on a milk box!!..but hey...he's better than a guy who battled back from cancer and put his body on the line for this team, right? Smh.
In the 5 years Schwartz has been with KC, he’s missed 13 games (all this year). In Eric Berry’s last 5, he missed 40. Not really the same.
[Reply]
J Diddy 01:00 AM 02-05-2021
Little melodramatic don't you think? I like Berry and was really rooting for him that being said once he returned from treatment he was never the same. He played a full year, got his extension and then he was either on the ir list or not effective at all. Too much trauma and not enough give a fuck. Did he even play anywhere else after here/?

Mitchis an of who suffered a back injury. Hell be back and will do so in a dignified manner, not using some ,,Team Prieeat be.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:24 AM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
In the 5 years Schwartz has been with KC, he’s missed 13 games (all this year). In Eric Berry’s last 5, he missed 40. Not really the same.
Er ONE HAD CANCER!!..so yes, it's not the same at all smh.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:30 AM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Little melodramatic don't you think? I like Berry and was really rooting for him that being said once he returned from treatment he was never the same. He played a full year, got his extension and then he was either on the ir list or not effective at all. Too much trauma and not enough give a ****. Did he even play anywhere else after here/?

Mitchis an of who suffered a back injury. Hell be back and will do so in a dignified manner, not using some ,,Team Prieeat be.
Berry tore up his lower leg in new england whilst taking Gronk out of the game to help us win. His injury was way worse than your average back jnjury and the fact that he hasn't played for two years should tell you how bad it was. And yet morons on this thread still hate on the guy? There is no difference between Mitch and Eric but of course people will kiss Mitch ass and make excuses :-) .
[Reply]
New World Order 04:24 AM 02-05-2021
If Mitch hangs around next year, doesn't play and sucks up a chunk of our cap, then yes, he will be in Berry territory.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:26 AM 02-05-2021
Berry took Dorsey's offer to make him the highest paid safety in the NFL, crumpled it up, and threw it back in his face. That wasn't good enough.

He bristled when Dorsey dare suggest that a protection clause be put in for the team should Berry's cancer return, for which the KC Chiefs should not be responsible nor lose a competitive advantage.

His contract stung the Chiefs in a big way, and it almost made it so we would have been unable to quickly rebuild/recover a defense good enough to win a Super Bowl the following year.

He's not a traitor. And I remember his (healthy) playing days with fondness. But all of the shit that went down left a sour taste in my mouth, and I do not at all think of him alongside all of the other great Chiefs players like Derrick Johnson who were so close to winning a ring with the team but never quite got there.
[Reply]
notorious 07:33 AM 02-05-2021
Berry did exactly what I would have done.

Who here wouldn't string out a guaranteed contract when you know deep down inside you are done?

It doesn't mean I have to like it. It hurt my favorite professional football team, the Kansas City Chiefs of Missouri.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 35
« First < 212728293031 32333435 >
Up