ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 265 of 286
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:57 AM 12-07-2022
So I'm not normally a subtitle guy, but this looks awesome. 2 part 3 Musketeers that isn't campy? Where do I sign up?

[Reply]
Bowser 04:58 PM 12-07-2022
That looks pretty dark and heavy. I'll be checking that out.

And I would sit and listen to Eva Green narrate an entire 1000 page tax law book if she read it in French. Preferably dressed provocatiely, if not just butt ass naked.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:03 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:

And I would sit and listen to Eva Green narrate an entire 1000 page tax law book if she read it in French. Preferably dressed provocatiely, if not just butt ass naked.
Definitely.

I'd win wars for a longing look from Eva Green.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:04 PM 12-07-2022
Where is the Avatar thread?

They screened it yesterday to rave reviews from legit sources.

I'm actually mad because I don't want to like or see the new Avatar but I'm hearing it's way better than the first.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:16 PM 12-07-2022
I fucking love Avatar. It's simple but enjoyable and incredible to look at. I love the setting and the characters are likeable enough.

I don't know why everyone hates it so much.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:27 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Holy shit, I'm too old for this kind of epiphany.

The connection between friends and enemies.

Friend in French is un ami. Or des amis if plural.

And Latinate negation is to put a- or an- as a prefix [metabolic versus anabolic, sexual versus asexual].

So does enemy have roots in an-ami? Is in not friend?

Edit - appears to be so, and should have been more obvious to me. More directly enemy has roots comparable to the distinction between 'amicable' and 'inimical' - ie, helpful versus not-helpful --> harmful . . . friend --> enemy
[Reply]
Iconic 08:31 PM 12-09-2022

Dunno if it has been mentioned but just got done watching this. Absolutely amazing. Felt like I had been donkey kicked in the face by truth bombs by the end of it. If you got the time to handle all the ****ed up shit within you for a day and heal long term... this is worth a watch.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:20 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:

Dunno if it has been mentioned but just got done watching this. Absolutely amazing. Felt like I had been donkey kicked in the face by truth bombs by the end of it. If you got the time to handle all the ****ed up shit within you for a day and heal long term... this is worth a watch.
Jonah Hill is immortal for being in the most sublime paparazzi photo ever, encapsulating so much more about the era than could have been captured purposefully. One day it will hang in the Louvre.

[Reply]
Fish 12:14 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
One day it will hang in the Louvre.
:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 08:02 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I fucking love Avatar. It's simple but enjoyable and incredible to look at. I love the setting and the characters are likeable enough.

I don't know why everyone hates it so much.
You mean Dances With Blue Aliens?

Avatar reminds me of the old joke about a bodybuilder who starts stripping down in front of the girl he just picked up. He rips off his shirt, flexes his muscles and says "two tons of raw dynamite!" Then he strips off his pants, again flexes his muscles and says "two tons of raw dynamite!" Then he peels off his underwear and she says "four tons of raw dynamite with a two inch fuse!"

Or the description of Nuke from Bull Durham - a million dollar arm with a ten cent head.

Or a lavishly decorated package under the Christmas tree that you drool over for weeks that ends up containing a pack of Bic razors.

That's Avatar. The special effects were visionary; stunning; amazing. The first 20 minutes or so were, for me, the closest thing I've experienced in the theater to the joy and wonder I felt the first time I saw Star Wars as a kid. But after that... fuck. The story was an unoriginal, plagiaristic bore, utterly predictable and frankly pathetic. It's like they spent untold millions on the visuals and minimum wage on the script. I walked out of the theater annoyed and insulted. I have zero desire to see the sequel. Absolutely zero. Cameron can kiss my ass. If he wants to do another movie ripping on the evils of rich white men, he should try an autobiography.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:21 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:

I watched this the other night. While I'm mostly indifferent with this kind of stuff and the "I love you man", "I love you too man" stuff is way outside of my comfort zone, there were some tools shared that I took away.

Going through a longer than anticipated recovery from an injury earlier this year, identifying and facing your "X" hit home. There's definitely some value in watching this even if your not depressed.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:50 PM 12-10-2022
Jonah Hill is immortal for being in the most sublime paparazzi photo ever, encapsulating so much more about the era than could have been captured purposefully. One day it will hang in the Louvre.

What am I missing here
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:24 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
What am I missing here
Look closer at the mochaccino
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:52 PM 12-10-2022
Look closer at the mochaccino
Shit.

Never hold that bitch by the lid. Ever.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:55 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Shit.

Never hold that bitch by the lid. Ever.
Especially when they put it on loose half the time.
[Reply]
Page 265 of 286
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275 > Last »
Up