ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 27
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***All Things Weather 2024***
Bowser 08:56 PM 01-06-2024

[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:00 AM 01-20-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You must not have any snow on the ground?
very little. We have been spared so far this season.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:47 AM 01-20-2024
It's supposed to be in the high 30's/low 40's next week in KC with rain forecasted basically all week. Until the snow melts, the drains might be overflowing which will be fun on the roads. Especially if it all re-freezes overnight.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:44 PM 01-24-2024
Windy changed the map set up in the OP. In some ways it is easier.
But you cannot add the isobars to the radar map. it looks like the others have it automatically.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:20 PM 01-27-2024
I don't know about anyone else, but I think I've had about enough dense fog with temps right on the cusp of turning it all into freezing fog to last me for a long, long time.

Supposedly it's going to get up to around 60 in KC next week. I may break out the shorts if that happens, lol.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:23 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I don't know about anyone else, but I think I've had about enough dense fog with temps right on the cusp of turning it all into freezing fog to last me for a long, long time.

Supposedly it's going to get up to around 60 in KC next week. I may break out the shorts if that happens, lol.
It's been crazy up here as well. Although we've had freezing fog almost every night since Sunday. Sunshine today. A nice change.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:42 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Yeah, we even had some of that out here in the desert.

You joke about the shorts and shit. After the snow we had like 10 days or something where it didn't get above like 4 and there was consistent wind. It was FUCKING COLD.

Anyway, I went to an equipment auction that had some stuff I wanted to bid on. Anyway, it was like a high of 35 with not much wind, everything covered in snow. I brought all my shit. Boots, coveralls, Heavy parka, facemask, double gloves all of it. Barely above freezing with snow on the ground? That's cold, man. Nah, hoodie and a beanie was enough. I left the rest of the shit in my pickup. I was shocked.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:18 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
It's been crazy up here as well. Although we've had freezing fog almost every night since Sunday. Sunshine today. A nice change.
Ditto. There is a line in Westen Minn of sun and clouds, it is just not moving.

We had the Winter Open at the golf course today. Six holes, tennis balls, 6 foot circles as holes.
Other years there has been snow on the ground and fairways were wide with "rails" This year, WET! Open grass, a few ponds, very little snow and 40 degrees. Cloudy.

The tennis balls collected water and squished when you hit them. Collected a lot of water when they rolled.

We had 50-75 people and expected more this afternoon.

Could be almost 50 Thursday.
[Reply]
Holladay 09:44 PM 01-27-2024
I read that some dude was saying that in mid Feb another vortex was coming. He stated that when the wind over artic slows down, it dips down.

Dunno.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:14 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I read that some dude was saying that in mid Feb another vortex was coming. He stated that when the wind over artic slows down, it dips down.

Dunno.
I heard the spit jet stream will join together later this month. So that would bring more cold south. Hey, for me the second week of Feb is usually the coldest week of the year.

Just hoping we still go shy on the snow. I can handle the cold. People are even bigger idiots in the snow.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:45 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I heard the spit jet stream will join together later this month. So that would bring more cold south. Hey, for me the second week of Feb is usually the coldest week of the year.

Just hoping we still go shy on the snow. I can handle the cold. People are even bigger idiots in the snow.
I'll take the snow. Just MOTHERFUCK the 70 MPH wind that came with the last one.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:07 AM 01-28-2024
Sunny and 37 today. We won't know whether to shit or go blind.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:30 PM 01-31-2024
I know we are in the glow of the SB

But I am also in the glow of the sun. Yes, the sun. That magical yellow orb in the sky.
It is 54 here today. Amazing. Daily record.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:45 AM 02-02-2024
The rodent hath spoken. Early spring!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:38 PM 02-08-2024

Video screenshot of large cone tornado and power flash outside Albany Wisconsin a few minutes ago. #wiwx @NWSMilwaukee pic.twitter.com/dcBlCf43lN

— Tom Purdy (@TomPurdyWI) February 8, 2024

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:15 PM 02-26-2024
WTF, KC...

[Reply]
Page 12 of 27
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up