ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 359 of 382
« First < 259309349355356357358359 360361362363369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 08:00 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I really miss Modern Times.... and 20% humidity.
I'm not great with beer names and they were picking things for me but I enjoyed it all.

Saturday we glorious, at 65 and sunny. We spent the entire day at the zoo and the 5 year old walked 6.5 miles without a complaint. Sunday was a bit cold in the afternoon but we pounded some beers oceanside at seaport to pass the time. Definitely love it out there and has to be a summer getaway to escape Phoenix too.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:08 AM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Just spent 4 days in San Diego with my best friends and their wives. Lots of good beers were had and I’ve never liked IPAs but they got me to cross the HAZY IPA bridge and it was fantastic. Love the fruity notes and not bitter hops like standard IPAs. I’ll have to continue to expand my palate with these.
Happy to hear you're enjoying some hazies. Our local market still excels more at west coast IPAs over hazies but we're getting better.

Some locals you might enjoy that are more easily assessible (talking available at Total Wine and such):

The Shop - Church Music
Goldwater - Hop Chowda
Wren House - Spellbinder
Tombstone - Bright & Juicy

Or you could just go to Ground Control and pick up anything labeled New England from the Bottles and Cans tab

https://www.groundxcontrol.com/menu/beer/
[Reply]
Graystoke 11:04 AM 02-21-2023
Graystoke is fucking awesome, shipped some cherry pie sour my way.

Now my job is to not drink them all in a matter of a week. :-)

Glad to help. As stated, next time I fill the box with some right next to me craft beer from Single Speed Brewing.

http://www.singlespeedbrewing.com/the-beer/
[Reply]
lewdog 11:09 AM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Happy to hear you're enjoying some hazies. Our local market still excels more at west coast IPAs over hazies but we're getting better.

Some locals you might enjoy that are more easily assessible (talking available at Total Wine and such):

The Shop - Church Music
Goldwater - Hop Chowda
Wren House - Spellbinder
Tombstone - Bright & Juicy

Or you could just go to Ground Control and pick up anything labeled New England from the Bottles and Cans tab

https://www.groundxcontrol.com/menu/beer/
Thanks, I appreciate that. Gives me a good place to start around here coming up on refreshing beers for summer.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:37 PM 02-21-2023
My haul from Jester King over the weekend.

rel="Lightbox"?s=e82e40af49714469e3a5fe8457e83013&attachmentid=125652&thumb=1&d=1677004631" class="thumbnail" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version Name: JesterKingResize.jpg Views: 22 Size: 312.4 KB ID: 125652" style="margin: 2px" />
Attached:
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:15 PM 02-21-2023
I'm not great with beer names and they were picking things for me but I enjoyed it all.

Saturday we glorious, at 65 and sunny. We spent the entire day at the zoo and the 5 year old walked 6.5 miles without a complaint. Sunday was a bit cold in the afternoon but we pounded some beers oceanside at seaport to pass the time. Definitely love it out there and has to be a summer getaway to escape Phoenix too.
Nice! Went to Balboa Park once, but didn't make it to the zoo. For beer, Pure Project is right there and they're pretty good, with a lot of variety.

One place to take note of when you're back there is Extraordinary Desserts near the zoo/park.... the desserts are good, but so is everything else. Great coffee shop, really good food.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:18 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Glad to help. As stated, next time I fill the box with some right next to me craft beer from Single Speed Brewing.

http://www.singlespeedbrewing.com/the-beer/
Holy crap, they have a lot of beer!

Iowa has to be one of the most underrated craft beer destinations, given everything I've heard about the Des Moines area, much less TG, Pulpit Rock, etc.
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:35 AM 02-22-2023

Iowa has to be one of the most underrated craft beer destinations, given everything I've heard about the Des Moines area, much less TG, Pulpit Rock, etc.
I used to be a big cyclist/racer. The owner of Single Speed asked what he should name his new seasonal and me and my friend came up with this, a take on Obi-Wan Kenobi:

O Knobby One
Baltic Porter w/ Blackberry + Vanilla

Cycling lore describes a mystical, bearded rider that few, if any, have seen. Only those braving the deepest woods, the steepest climbs, and the most inclement weather have a chance of catching a glimpse. His hunger for gnarl is legendary. His flow is unequaled. If by chance his existence is reality, we are certain of two things. One, he is immersed deep in the wilderness, near snow packed single track. Two, this is the beer he would want in his hand. Dare to catch his roost.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 02-22-2023

We have a ton of small breweries that are awesome, especially in the DSM area.

We also have a ton of small wineries and some of it is liquid gold.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:31 AM 02-26-2023
Some pretty decent beers flowing around town for AZ beer week

https://www.thesleepywhale.com/draftandcans

[Reply]
HC_Chief 03:54 PM 02-26-2023
Boulevard Churro brown ale (limited edition) is pretty vile. Tastes like a brown ale that went bad, then someone threw a handful of cinnamon into the bottle and re-capped it.

edit: the Maple one is gross as well. Brewmaster must have had Covid in the past... dead taste buds or something? Just, eww.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:22 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Boulevard Churro brown ale (limited edition) is pretty vile. Tastes like a brown ale that went bad, then someone threw a handful of cinnamon into the bottle and re-capped it.

edit: the Maple one is gross as well. Brewmaster must have had Covid in the past... dead taste buds or something? Just, eww.
I like them both, but the Churro brown ale tasted like the Cinnamon bun ale they released a year or two ago.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:50 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I like them both, but the Churro brown ale tasted like the Cinnamon bun ale they released a year or two ago.
Well, I have a few extras of each if you want them. OP, KS :-)
[Reply]
Shag 10:29 PM 02-26-2023
Just spent 4 days in San Diego with my best friends and their wives. Lots of good beers were had and I’ve never liked IPAs but they got me to cross the HAZY IPA bridge and it was fantastic. Love the fruity notes and not bitter hops like standard IPAs. I’ll have to continue to expand my palate with these.
I really miss Modern Times.... and 20% humidity.
Bearcat, I'm bummed my illness and travel schedule didn't allow us to get together while you were here. Lew, you're a dick for not hitting me up... :-)

What spots did you end up hitting?
[Reply]
scho63 12:23 PM 02-27-2023
:-):-)

San Diego is in my Top Ten world cities I love. I went there about 7-8 times while I lived in San Fran and Silicon Valley. Passed up on trips to LA, which I hate.

Beer and fish tacos are excellent in SD.

I love Ballast Point beers, especially Sculpin IPA. Top 3 for sure.

Zoo is fantastic, Torrey Pines golf course, La Jolla Scripps, George's on the Cove, great waterfront and water view restaurants, Gas Lamp District was great during the Street Scene Festivals back in late 90's.
[Reply]
Page 359 of 382
« First < 259309349355356357358359 360361362363369 > Last »
Up