ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 355 of 382
« First < 255305345351352353354355 356357358359365 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:29 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
I haven't been to Break Point for a game yet - it's pretty new, and just don't love the vibe of the place. Been meaning to check it out for a game, though.

The best beer shops in town are probably Bottlecraft and Bine & Vine, but neither are around PB, unfortunately (in/near North Park, though). SD Beer Week is also coming up the first week or so of Nov, should be some interesting releases/events that week. Looks like Barrel Aged Sunday on 11/6 at Pure Project North Park - that'll be dangerous.

I'm not a big Belching Beaver fan, but Sticky Pawz seems really well reviewed. Monster's Park is a great series of beer, so I'm super curious what the situation was there. Maybe I'll have to go check it out at some point.
I went to Bottlecraft in Oceanside last weekend and ate at Shootz Fish And Beer.... food was kind of pricey, but really good, and they had a good tap list and some BL bottles.

Is SD Beer Week pretty nuts? I assume get there really early?

I might wander down to that liquor store tomorrow to see if they have Sticky Paws in bottles... :-) I had some MP and Beastmaster a couple weekends ago at Modern Times :-) (and speaking of, apparently they closed their Leisuretown in Anaheim :-) ).
[Reply]
Fish 09:37 PM 10-17-2022
I want to thank the regular posters in this thread for the good suggestions. I'm generally too frugal to try an expensive new beer without knowing if it's worth a shit. But I like good beers. Have found several favorites from this thread. Trust you guys' opinions.
Thank you.

:-):-)
[Reply]
Shag 09:52 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I went to Bottlecraft in Oceanside last weekend and ate at Shootz Fish And Beer.... food was kind of pricey, but really good, and they had a good tap list and some BL bottles.

Is SD Beer Week pretty nuts? I assume get there really early?

I might wander down to that liquor store tomorrow to see if they have Sticky Paws in bottles... :-) I had some MP and Beastmaster a couple weekends ago at Modern Times :-) (and speaking of, apparently they closed their Leisuretown in Anaheim :-) ).
I almost never go up to Oside, but I'll have to remember that place.

SD Beer Week is kind of a loosely organized collection of beer releases/events all around SD county (which is huge). Since covid, seems like there are a lot fewer events, so will be interesting to see what happens this year. I can't find anything listing the events yet, will report back here if I do. In theory, details should emerge here: https://www.sdbeer.com/sdbeerweek.html.

Pure has their own page here: https://www.purebrewing.org/event/sa...eek-with-pure/

MT has been going through some shit - they closed 4 locations (afaik, Leisuretown is still open, but LA closed), and sold to Maui Brewing. Maui is run by a SD native, which is pretty cool, so hopes are not a whole lot changes. I think the deal is supposed to close this month, makes me wonder if they'll have some sort of party or something.

Let me know if you find Sticky Pawz, and if it's the same beer.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:02 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
I almost never go up to Oside, but I'll have to remember that place.

SD Beer Week is kind of a loosely organized collection of beer releases/events all around SD county (which is huge). Since covid, seems like there are a lot fewer events, so will be interesting to see what happens this year. I can't find anything listing the events yet, will report back here if I do. In theory, details should emerge here: https://www.sdbeer.com/sdbeerweek.html.

Pure has their own page here: https://www.purebrewing.org/event/sa...eek-with-pure/

MT has been going through some shit - they closed 4 locations (afaik, Leisuretown is still open, but LA closed), and sold to Maui Brewing. Maui is run by a SD native, which is pretty cool, so hopes are not a whole lot changes. I think the deal is supposed to close this month, makes me wonder if they'll have some sort of party or something.

Let me know if you find Sticky Pawz, and if it's the same beer.
Leisuretown just happened -- https://www.ocbj.com/retail/modern-t...etown-concept/ ...got to experience it once last Spring, at least.

Leisuretown and downtown LA seemed like something a company that grew way too fast and made "too much money" would do while maxing out all of their credit cards. And I have no idea, just on the surface when thinking about renting space in downtown LA or in Anaheim with a pool, with the typical margins of a brewery... :-)

Thanks for the links... I was looking around a bit and didn't see the barrel event on the main SD page, but see it on Pure Project's.

Man.... I really had plans to slow down beer consumption, but at least I joined a gym.... :-)
[Reply]
Shag 10:28 PM 10-17-2022
Leisuretown just happened -- https://www.ocbj.com/retail/modern-t...etown-concept/ ...got to experience it once last Spring, at least.

Leisuretown and downtown LA seemed like something a company that grew way too fast and made "too much money" would do while maxing out all of their credit cards. And I have no idea, just on the surface when thinking about renting space in downtown LA or in Anaheim with a pool, with the typical margins of a brewery... :-)
Damn, that sucks. MT definitely expanded way too quickly, and the pandemic did them in. Maui seems to have their shit together, so hopefully the brand and quality of the the beer won't change.

Originally Posted by :
Man.... I really had plans to slow down beer consumption, but at least I joined a gym.... :-)
Wrong city for that... :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:40 PM 10-19-2022
Get to Fate Brewery in two weeks, their King Sized Candy Bar stout will be released!
Reg Candy Bar presales are up.

No King Size this year per their IG.

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:44 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

No King Size this year per their IG.
OMGWTFBBQ?!?

Regular isn't great. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:53 PM 10-19-2022
OMGWTFBBQ?!?

Regular isn't great. :-)
I haven't had it but I'm not making the 30 minute drive for a non-BA stout :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:03 PM 10-19-2022
I haven't had it but I'm not making the 30 minute drive for a non-BA stout :-)
Yeah, not worth it... and no presale or long drive needed as it's not that hyped. You'll see it at craft beer stores if you are curious to try it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:03 AM 10-22-2022
Grabbed some Pure Project hops based on this thread.

These are legit.

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:05 AM 10-22-2022
Oh shit, I'm headed there today.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:09 AM 10-22-2022
Oh shit, I'm headed there today.
PHX seems to get fairly regular PP drops.

I've seen them around and on tap but honestly had been mistaking them for another brewery due to the similarities in can art and hadn't pulled the trigger.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:14 AM 10-22-2022
PHX seems to get fairly regular PP drops.

I've seen them around and on tap but honestly had been mistaking them for another brewery due to the similarities in can art and hadn't pulled the trigger.
I'm kind of bad at glossing over cans that aren't blatantly obvious, especially when bottle shops don't organize by style... not going in search of the dark red fine print on a black can looking like I'm 65 trying to find some extra light to figure out if it's a saison or stout.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:18 AM 10-22-2022
I'm kind of bad at glossing over cans that aren't blatantly obvious, especially when bottle shops don't organize by style... not going in search of the dark red fine print on a black can looking like I'm 65 trying to find some extra light to figure out if it's a saison or stout.
Same.

I was mistaking Pure Project cans with Beer Tree out of New York and I typically don't mess with distro IPAs going across country as I'm leery of freshness and how they've been stored. Especially at >=$20 a 4pk.

Pure Project

Beer Tree
[Reply]
Pablo 11:12 AM 10-22-2022
TG just kills it with every IPA they put out. Would recommend and the can and name are fukken metal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 355 of 382
« First < 255305345351352353354355 356357358359365 > Last »
Up