ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 24
« First < 101617181920 21222324 >
Media Center>Star Wars on Disney+ | Ahsoka
Tribal Warfare 07:40 AM 04-07-2023

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:57 PM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Did I miss how Ezra ended up with a ship in the main galaxy. Perhaps I missed something when Thrawn arrived at the planet (I didn’t catch the name of it).
Shop was Baylor Skolls. He yoinked it.

Planet was Dathomir, a planet those crazy cunt witches inhabited.

I really had to watch dork videos for all this shit. The New Rockstars flavor of dork videos were best IMO

[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 11:46 PM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Shop was Baylor Skolls. He yoinked it.

Planet was Dathomir, a planet those crazy cunt witches inhabited.

I really had to watch dork videos for all this shit. The New Rockstars flavor of dork videos were best IMO

Sweet thanks
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:51 AM 10-05-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yes, that was certainly one way to end it.

Sigh.

There were a few really good moments.

Spoiler!

But yet, they left so much potential on the table.
Reality is 8 episodes are simply not enough to properly fill out a season.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:25 AM 10-05-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Reality is 8 episodes are simply not enough to properly fill out a season.
Yeah essentially Baylan Skoll and his apprentice are useless for the last two episodes, given so little screen time that it feels like a crime, Baylan in particular, you spend the first four episodes building up his character, then his character is the most intriguing of the series, it just felt like the biggest disservice.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:47 AM 10-05-2023
I thought the lightsaber combat in this one was much better, too. I know that's been a complaint.

Ahsoka is probably as hard to port to live-action as Yoda would be. You watch her lightsaber combat in the Rebels or Clone Wars cartoons, and it's a whole other level beyond what they're able to show in live action.

If you watch the lightsaber combat between Ashoka and Anakin in the Clone Wars temple fight, especially, and you see her doing things athletically that you just can't make a real person do without a Matrix-style approach to combat, and that is costly in time and money.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 11:25 AM 10-05-2023
So then Liev Schreiber for Season 2, yes?

[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:39 AM 10-05-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Liam Hemsworth is going to pull double-duty replacements.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:27 PM 10-05-2023
Been working my way through Clone Wars and man, these guys LOVE leaving stuff unresolved, don't they?

I suspect they fill in a lot of gaps in comics, etc... but even from one episode to the next, you have to listen to the 'recap' at the beginning because about half the time they seem to have moved forward months.

So if I'm gonna really nerd out at all, I'm gonna have to get reading aren't I?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:30 PM 10-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Been working my way through Clone Wars and man, these guys LOVE leaving stuff unresolved, don't they?

I suspect they fill in a lot of gaps in comics, etc... but even from one episode to the next, you have to listen to the 'recap' at the beginning because about half the time they seem to have moved forward months.

So if I'm gonna really nerd out at all, I'm gonna have to get reading aren't I?
I didn't. And I think I'm to the point that I won't. I enjoyed Clone Wars and Rebels well enough, but I just am not in a position to commit the time to it.

The dork videos I watch will have to suffice for filling in the gaps.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:10 PM 10-05-2023
As far as the episode, I thought it was pretty strong.

I've been fairly critical of the lightsaber battles, and this one was the best by a wide margin. Powered up Morgan Elzbeth was a nice foil and damn if that wasn't a good fight scene - really did a nice job with space, no dumbass moves getting inside the defense radius and not spilling their guts, Motion was with intent and force, good stuff. I'm here for that.

I appreciated the ending with Sabine staying with her Master. As well as Ahsoka coming to terms with her being an adequate master, and ultimately conquering her fear of Sabine going dark. That was a nice touch. I don't know if it was worth how miserable it was watching Sabine be awful.

I thought the interactions with Ezra and Sabine were good - finally. For whatever reason, the fights with the troopers felt like it had stakes. I was impressed.

Sabine's progress with her training in a couple days was a little on the nose, but whatever.

As far as not wrapping it up, I'm fine IF they do S2. But Disney is bleeding cash, Iger is under fire, and the management is frankly FUBAR. And they're chopping shit like mexicans in a cane field. It's risky - especially if it underperforms.

I'm in for S2. I thought it wasn't great to start, but really hit it's stride and sucked me in.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:50 PM 10-05-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
On a side note Jedi Prime/1st known force user apparently had dealings with Marvel's Asgardians and Hasbro's Transformers which could be shown or hinted in a project centered around him

[Reply]
Bowser 03:54 PM 10-05-2023
I guess I did end up getting my Death Troopers, lol.

On another side note, did you know Captain Enoch was played by Wes Chatham who played Amos in The Expanse?

I feel like I'm late to this news, so you likely already knew. Lol
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:02 PM 10-05-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:

He’d be fantastic in the role. He knows how to play a dangerous guy without all the theatrics.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:03 AM 10-06-2023
Wow. Big fat Star Wars tears.

I love you, Filoni.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:07 AM 10-06-2023
Dathomir being in official live action Canon is some exciting shit.

We better get some Luke Skywalker soon.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 24
« First < 101617181920 21222324 >
Up