ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:35 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Doubt that counts as a "nice" restaurant.
Do you not see the ketchup standing in the lid like that? Clearly it's a fancy joint.
[Reply]
srvy 01:39 PM 08-01-2021
:-) preparing my meal in hats so I damn well will eat it with hat on if I choose.

[Reply]
R Clark 01:42 PM 08-01-2021
Some of you will remember the restaurants that had counters and stools as well as tables and booths . Cowboy hats were allowed sitting at the counter but you better take it off sitting at a table or booth.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:44 PM 08-01-2021
Yes, in public. It's the polite thing to do.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:07 PM 08-01-2021
A question we haven't addressed in this thread: What do you do if your neighbor has a super bright porch light and you're scared of him? Do you talk to this individual about said light or do you cower in your home, practically blinded at nightime and post a thread on CP for advice?

I think we all know what OP would do but I'm curious how the rest of CP would handle this.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:10 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Adults get on airplanes in pajamas.

People wear sweat pants and hoodies to church.

Adults wear flip flops into a nice restaurant.

Nothing amazes me anymore.

This country has turned to shit the last 25 years in human behaviour.
I guess I'm old enough that all this shit bothers me and I'd never do any of it. I don't go to church often, but if I do, I'm damned well wearing a suit. Same with weddings and funerals or any sort of formal occasion. Although I have been to a funeral in Missouri for one of my redneck cousins where the only people wearing suits were me and the preacher.

Sweatpants and pajamas in public? That's just pure trash.
[Reply]
eDave 02:26 PM 08-01-2021
srvy's that guy who reaches across your plate to grab more mashed potatoes.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:40 PM 08-01-2021
wouldnt be caught dead wearing a hat inside a "nice" or better restaurant.

Even if it was an average restaurant I would probably take my hat off in the car or at the very least by the table.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:41 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
A question we haven't addressed in this thread: What do you do if your neighbor has a super bright porch light and you're scared of him? Do you talk to this individual about said light or do you cower in your home, practically blinded at nightime and post a thread on CP for advice?

I think we all know what OP would do but I'm curious how the rest of CP would handle this.

shoot it out at 4:30 AM with a red ryder
[Reply]
srvy 02:45 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
srvy's that guy who reaches across your plate to grab more mashed potatoes.
Perhaps but I am not the type of guy who licks his best friend's girlfriend's snatch while he is passed out upstairs.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:50 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
OP says any meal you set down to requires removal. That's whats started the ball rolling. Guess you jumped in the tail end of the thread.
This is what this thread was based on. It is what I was responding to.
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:51 PM 08-01-2021
Perhaps but I am not the type of guy who licks his best friend's girlfriend's snatch while he is passed out upstairs.
A piece missed is a piece lost forever.
[Reply]
srvy 03:06 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
This is what this thread was based on. It is what I was responding to.
Pete was the OP my bad but Megatron96 took it over and his reaction was what the majority reacted to. Nothing against Megatron I just don't agree with his stringent interpretation. I feel in a place that advertises a casual atmosphere the dress code norms can be tossed out.
[Reply]
oldman 03:08 PM 08-01-2021
Take those damn hats off at the cemetery. Show some respect!

Those appear to be the original ANTIFA guys, WWII vets. They can wear their cover anywhere they damn well please.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:08 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
wouldnt be caught dead wearing a hat inside a "nice" or better restaurant.

Even if it was an average restaurant I would probably take my hat off in the car or at the very least by the table.
Sometimes a "nice or better" restaurant goes out of its way to be casual, though. I drop the same coin at a nice French restaurant, a Japanese hibachi place decorated with thousands of patron photos, or top level seafood restaurant with a tropical island decor. But I'm only dressing up if I go to the French place. Seems kind of silly to wear a suit and tie when your waiter is wearing a Hawaiian shit and jeans, even if you are ordering a $70 entree.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up