ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
In Memoriam>RIP Skip Towne
Fish 12:50 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Never interacted with Skip. He stopped posting by the time I really started posting. Looking at his post history and found that he had 35 posts the day before his last posts here. Seems weird he just stopped all of the sudden. He wasn't fighting with anyone. It's weird.
Pretty sure I remember him getting pissed at someone and digging up some personal info on them. He was punished, and never returned.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:06 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Pretty sure I remember him getting pissed at someone and digging up some personal info on them. He was punished, and never returned.
Yeah he either doxxed someone or contacted their employer or something and never came back
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 01:17 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Yeah he either doxxed someone or contacted their employer or something and never came back
It was me. He called my building principal. This had to be over 13 years ago. Most on this board knew my real name and occupation. He was complaining about teachers pay and him and I got into it.

My principal laughed about it but he really tried to screw my professional life because of postings on an internet message board.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:44 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
It was me. He called my building principal. This had to be over 13 years ago. Most on this board knew my real name and occupation. He was complaining about teachers pay and him and I got into it.

My principal laughed about it but he really tried to screw my professional life because of postings on an internet message board.
He was temp banned for a week, but was apparently so butthurt over it that he never returned.

Here's an interesting thread about it.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222410
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:58 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:

This was it, Skip got all butthurt over it. I don't know all the details, just the 1 sided heclaimed to me.

Did he ever apologize for it.
[Reply]
scho63 01:21 PM 07-19-2023
I think you nailed it. Someone contacted someone's employer. I remember that story.
Was it Skip Towne? :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 01:41 PM 07-19-2023
Oh, dang. Yeah, that's taking things way too far.
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:34 PM 07-19-2023
RIP
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:40 PM 07-19-2023
Slightly before my time... RIP.

Seems like from scanning his posts , he was pretty prolific in posting. Seemed like a sudden drop off in posting if I am running my search correctly. Very active until 1-26-2010. Lots of posts about sports and other stuff...and then 1 day later ... poof.

Anyone know why he stopped posting? I didn't see anything like fighting or butthurt in his last few posts.

Anyhow.. RIP... chiefsplanet is my home and it wouldn't be what it us without the og's like Skip

(edit: I see others asked an answered the same question. I typed this all out and was cooking. came back and hit enter and saw some other similar posts. guess we all wondering the same)
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:41 PM 07-19-2023
Fucker is an afterlife n00b now. I hope someone slings some shit at him.

I never really got into it with him before I showed up in a KU thread where he said something like I have no idea who you are, probably a fucking n00b but you can’t be that bad if you’re a KU fan.

:-)
[Reply]
scho63 12:41 PM 07-19-2023
My time here only overlapped 1 year with Skip Towne.

I never remember anything negative and had little interaction with him. I never earned the privilege.

Another CP Legend has moved to the great Arrowhead in the sky.

RIP Skip Towne
[Reply]
Katipan 12:47 PM 07-19-2023
I was his favorite.
So that tells you all you need to know about him.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 01:09 PM 07-19-2023
RIP to a CP original.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:49 PM 07-19-2023
Wow, looking at these old threads makes me realize that there are a lot of old posters who are no longer around here. :-) I guess that is to be expected when one has been on a forum for over 22 years.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:54 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Wow, looking at these old threads makes me realize that there are a lot of old posters who are no longer around here. :-) I guess that is to be expected when one has been on a forum for over 22 years.
N00b
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up