ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 185
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:45 AM 04-29-2022
Karlaftis is a project. Wonder if the KC staff is up to coaching him up. Any DL/Edge players the Chiefs drafted recently who were developed into front line guys?
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:53 AM 04-29-2022
We play Chargers first on Thursday night first game so Justin Herbert will be his first sacks.

I can't wait till he chases JaMarcus Wilson and take him down. I know he isn't moving around as fast as he use too.

Carr is going get wrecked. Devante Adams isn't going get the ball to him to make big plays and Sneed & or McDuffie and Reid will help cover him.

We are still top dogs in the division and will be for all eternity and that's when Patrick decides to retire.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:53 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Karlaftis is a project. Wonder if the KC staff is up to coaching him up. Any DL/Edge players the Chiefs drafted recently who were developed into front line guys?
He will line up and play day one.. He better, or Veach made a big mistake..
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:59 AM 04-29-2022
Project? The guy had 7 sacks as a freshman playing in the Big Ten against quality offensive lineman. You’re confusing someone who has potential to get even better because he’s young and relatively new to football with a “project.”

Try harder with your trolling.
[Reply]
farmerchief 05:59 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Take it with a grain of salt because it’s PFF but they called Karlaftis the steal of the first round.
In every ranking of DE's prior to the draft that I looked at, he was always ranked 3-5. I think we were fortunate that he fell to us! Reid and Spags had to sign off on the pick, I dont think those two, plus Veach, didnt do their homework.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:10 AM 04-29-2022
KC's next great George.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:16 AM 04-29-2022
He's certainly no Clelin Ferrell
[Reply]
louie aguiar 06:17 AM 04-29-2022
He’s also a great scheme fit. A lot of the other edge players were 3-4 guys and couldn’t hold up against the run.
[Reply]
Best22 06:19 AM 04-29-2022
He may be our best DE day 1

He’s already the biggest guy in that room
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:20 AM 04-29-2022
I'll take an effort guy all day over a guy like Clark that plays hard a few plays a game at best.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:22 AM 04-29-2022
How does he overcome the arm length? He has powerful, heavy hands and also has quick hands. Both tools are things that will help him win hand fights.

Purdue moved him all around, so if he’s facing a team that has a really long OT, I see Karlaftis moving around and rushing from different spots.

He’s going to be a good player regardless of where KC uses him, and from Day 1 with upside.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:24 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
How does he overcome the arm length? He has powerful, heavy hands and also has quick hands. Both tools are things that will help him win hand fights.

Purdue moved him all around, so if he’s facing a team that has a really long OT, I see Karlaftis moving around and rushing from different spots.

He’s going to be a good player regardless of where KC uses him, and from Day 1 with upside.
It's an important thing to note that the kid played on a pretty lousy D-line; he was constantly doubled and still had the high pressure rate. But not sacks, you say?

Yeah well, he's going to line up next to Chris Jones. You can't double them both, can you?
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:30 AM 04-29-2022
He will get around Kolton Miller easy enough and wreck Carr.

Maybe not easy enough but good enough to get around Kolton Miller and wreck Carr. Kolton will have his hands full (of holding calls).
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:35 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
He may be our best DE day 1

He’s already the biggest guy in that room
I...don't think there's a question.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 06:38 AM 04-29-2022

I’d hate the pick too if I was a raider fan.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 185
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up