ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 381 of 382
« First < 281331371377378379380381 382 >
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 08:37 PM 12-03-2023
Heading to Phoenix for the KU bowl game. What are the best breweries/bars that you guys would recommend?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:38 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
Heading to Phoenix for the KU bowl game. What are the best breweries/bars that you guys would recommend?
What do you like to drink and what part of town?
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:47 PM 12-03-2023
Beer bars:
Sleepy Whale
Beer Barn
The Wandering Tortoise

Breweries
Meh...but if you must then Wren House
The Shop (Tempe)

I'm also watching ticket prices and will probably go, Chase seems like a weird location fitting a football field in a domed stadium when there's a perfectly good college stadium that seats more available but my Guaranteed Rate mortgage was sold to Chase earlier this year so it make sense
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:47 PM 12-03-2023
I hadn't seen KU was here, so that's cool... Chase Field is an interesting choice to host a bowl game.

Wren House is a local favorite
Tombstone
Arizona Wilderness
Fate in Scottsdale/Tempe
OHSO has several locations around Scottsdale/Tempe/Gilbert... I don't think their regular stuff is anything special, but they make killer stouts.

Downtown-ish... Angel's Trumpet House, The Theodore, Wandering Tortoise, King's Beer & Wine (half bar with like 50 taps, half beer store). Ground Control is great, but it's out a ways from downtown. Rift Wine Bar and Tap in south Scottsdale is cool, but relatively small.

If you're here long enough for a Chiefs game, Rooster Tavern in Scottsdale is a cool Chiefs bar.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:45 AM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Beer bars:
Sleepy Whale
Beer Barn
The Wandering Tortoise

Breweries
The Shop (Tempe)
Putting more thought in effort into my previous post, I'd recommend the following breweries:

1a Wren House
1b Kitsune
2 Roses by the Stairs
3 Simple Machine
4 Arizona Wilderness (either location)
5 The Shop (their beers are okay but its a cool spot in an ideal location)

I like Tombstone's beers but their PHX location is kind of a turd

I also probably sell PHX breweries short but there's not a ton to be excited about...yet, we're getting there

This distribution footprint here is where its at though which is why I recommended the better beer bars. We get a bunch of stuff from San Diego, LA, Portland, Seattle, Denver, and Florida

Also if you're into mead, the Superstition downtown location is pretty cool
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:06 AM 12-05-2023
Putting more thought in effort into my previous post, I'd recommend the following breweries:

1a Wren House
1b Kitsune
2 Roses by the Stairs
3 Simple Machine
4 Arizona Wilderness (either location)
5 The Shop (their beers are okay but its a cool spot in an ideal location)

I like Tombstone's beers but their PHX location is kind of a turd

I also probably sell PHX breweries short but there's not a ton to be excited about...yet, we're getting there

This distribution footprint here is where its at though which is why I recommended the better beer bars. We get a bunch of stuff from San Diego, LA, Portland, Seattle, Denver, and Florida

Also if you're into mead, the Superstition downtown location is pretty cool
What about sours?

And yeah, granted I haven't been to many of the Arizona breweries, it's mostly because I don't see any killer lineups whenever I do a bit of research... love going to OHSO for a 15% stout or Fate just for the one stout they haven't released in two years (:-) ), but not sure I've seen a flight-worthy lineup anywhere for Arizona beers (but need to lookup a couple on your list).
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:31 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
What about sours?

And yeah, granted I haven't been to many of the Arizona breweries, it's mostly because I don't see any killer lineups whenever I do a bit of research... love going to OHSO for a 15% stout or Fate just for the one stout they haven't released in two years (:-) ), but not sure I've seen a flight-worthy lineup anywhere for Arizona beers (but need to lookup a couple on your list).

Honest answer is that Wren House and AZ Wilderness have decent sour/wild programs

The barely beer, dessert sours, you can find in abundance everywhere here

On a more positive note BL Darkstar November variants are around the city

DSN 3 - the Rittenhouse barrel is the most fire imo

[Reply]
phisherman 06:32 PM 12-07-2023

Honest answer is that Wren House and AZ Wilderness have decent sour/wild programs

The barely beer, dessert sours, you can find in abundance everywhere here

On a more positive note BL Darkstar November variants are around the city

3 - the Rittenhouse barrel is the most fire imo

Drool.

Plain old Darkstar November is already freaking great.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:58 PM 12-07-2023
I need to hit up Craft Beer Quick Stop... if they're keeping untappd up to date, I could spend $500 there right now. :-) Looks like they have at least a couple of those variants, too.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:09 PM 12-07-2023
I need to hit up Craft Beer Quick Stop... if they're keeping untappd up to date, I could spend $500 there right now. :-) Looks like they have at least a couple of those variants, too.
Bro imagine following this place on Facebook just to see what they got but being too far away to even YOLO on their prices

A lot of places like this also have sneaky good bourbon bottles though

AZ built different

[Reply]
Bearcat 07:48 PM 12-07-2023
Yeah, I've been pining over their FB page all this time like they were posting Tyreek highlights.

I haven't really looked for bourbon much around Phoenix, but will have to start.
[Reply]
scho63 07:57 PM 12-07-2023
Beer bars:
Sleepy Whale
Beer Barn
The Wandering Tortoise

Breweries
The Shop (Tempe)

I'm also watching ticket prices and will probably go, Chase seems like a weird location fitting a football field in a domed stadium when there's a perfectly good college stadium that seats more available but my Guaranteed Rate mortgage was sold to Chase earlier this year so it make sense
I hadn't seen KU was here, so that's cool... Chase Field is an interesting choice to host a bowl game.

Wren House is a local favorite
Tombstone
Arizona Wilderness
Fate in Scottsdale/Tempe
OHSO has several locations around Scottsdale/Tempe/Gilbert... I don't think their regular stuff is anything special, but they make killer stouts.

Downtown-ish... Angel's Trumpet House, The Theodore, Wandering Tortoise, King's Beer & Wine (half bar with like 50 taps, half beer store). Ground Control is great, but it's out a ways from downtown. Rift Wine Bar and Tap in south Scottsdale is cool, but relatively small.

If you're here long enough for a Chiefs game, Rooster Tavern in Scottsdale is a cool Chiefs bar.
Two excellent recommendations.
[Reply]
scho63 02:19 PM 12-12-2023
Bought two Fate glasses and a 4 pack of Candy Bar Stout to go. Had a nice lunch too.
Attached: Fate.jpg (77.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:45 PM 12-16-2023
Stout season!

Okay, it's 80°....

First time trying this one and it's right up there with Bananarchy... smells like a caramelized banana.

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:12 PM 12-16-2023
Stout season!

Okay, it's 80°....

First time trying this one and it's right up there with Bananarchy... smells like a caramelized banana.

TFTI

Sounds great
[Reply]
Page 381 of 382
« First < 281331371377378379380381 382 >
Up