ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 379 of 382
« First < 279329369375376377378379 380381382 >
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:22 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Most beer purists hate big stouts, which is most of New England. IPA is the only space they step outside the box.

The Maine Brewing Co stout in the pic you posted above is 5.6% haha
Yeah, and being the only person in the world double fisting Tree House stouts, and those were all in the ~8% range.

Branch & Blade (Drekker-like) and Barelled Souls are definitely the outliers, and then a couple of great Trillium sours.

Dr House Climb Out Of Your Holes GIFfrom Dr House GIFs

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:18 PM 10-19-2023
Perhaps not the best decision on a Thursday evening, but it's pretty damn good. Unless Equilibrium is amazing in a couple weeks, Barreled Souls wins this trip by a decent margin.

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:33 PM 10-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Perhaps not the best decision on a Thursday evening, but it's pretty damn good. Unless Equilibrium is amazing in a couple weeks, Barreled Souls wins this trip by a decent margin.

Heck yeah, that sounds delish

I was out this afternoon grabbing stuff for the weekend and wound up staying for a
Bottle Logic Resonant Frequency pour

I wanted to hate it but couldn't get mad at it. Wouldn't go over 5-8oz though as its on the sweeter side for me but a fun take on a barleywine

#BarleywineIsLife

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:59 PM 10-19-2023
Heck yeah, that sounds delish

I was out this afternoon grabbing stuff for the weekend and wound up staying for a Bottle Logic Resonant Frequency pour

I wanted to hate it but couldn't get mad at it. Wouldn't go over 5-8oz though as its on the sweeter side for me but a fun take on a barleywine

#BarleywineIsLife
Haha, only BL would do a PB&J Barleywine. :-)

New England: We're going to branch out and give you a barleywine!
Bottle Logic: Hold my beer.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:28 PM 10-21-2023
Even wheat beers that sound in my wheelhouse are just meh. I think I’m done with wheat beers, there’s just something I don’t like about them.
Attached: IMG_5786.jpg (70.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:34 PM 10-21-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Even wheat beers that sound in my wheelhouse are just meh. I think I’m done with wheat beers, there’s just something I don’t like about them.
Traditional German and Belgium wheat beers are the only good ones IMO.

I nice Heff or a Witbier like Hoegaarden on a hot day is really refreshing.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:37 PM 10-21-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Traditional German and Belgium wheat beers are the only good ones IMO.

I nice Heff or a Witbier like Hoegaarden on a hot day is really refreshing.
True, plenty of Heffs I really like.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:35 PM 10-21-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Not that I ever try them, but the only wheat I've enjoyed in years is a white chocolate wheat made in Arizona. It wasn't over powering by any means, but definition more than just a wheat.

[Reply]
KCUnited 03:33 PM 11-03-2023
Just spent $9 on liquid lunch for myself

Bottle Logic FAFO

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:01 PM 11-03-2023
Just spent $9 on liquid lunch for myself

Bottle Logic FAFO

Gonna need a receipt, flaunt that $/oz.

That looks amazing... can't be back soon enough.
[Reply]
scho63 01:05 PM 11-13-2023
For KC United and Bearcat, Fate has Coconut Candy Bar Milkstout on tap as of today and it is delicious! :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:30 PM 11-13-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
For KC United and Bearcat, Fate has Coconut Candy Bar Milkstout on tap as of today and it is delicious! :-)
Interesting... thanks! Did you happen to see King Sized? They're terrible at updating anything, but I do see regular candy bar on their website menus (but not even coconut).
[Reply]
scho63 01:56 PM 11-13-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Interesting... thanks! Did you happen to see King Sized? They're terrible at updating anything, but I do see regular candy bar on their website menus (but not even coconut).
King Sized is on hold again. Two years in a row.

Coconut just got tap TODAY and they are updating here on Southern shortly.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:05 PM 11-13-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
King Sized is on hold again. Two years in a row.

Coconut just got tap TODAY and they are updating here on Southern shortly.
Wow, that's really disappointing, wonder what the hell is going on there... it was pretty damn consistent every time they've released it. :-)

Is coconut fairly coconutty?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:41 PM 11-13-2023
Anyone heading to prop days? I looked at my calendar a few days ago and noticed I had a rare weekend with no plans so the wife and I are headed to Chicago on Friday and coming back Sunday.
[Reply]
Page 379 of 382
« First < 279329369375376377378379 380381382 >
Up