ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 372 of 382
« First < 272322362368369370371372 373374375376 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:13 PM 08-12-2023
So, this is a fluffernutter sour.

The front just says 'blackberry', and it pours like a Drekker smoothie sour (thicker, if anything).

It smells like a fluffernutter stout.

And the taste is somewhere in between.

It's fucking weird. And really good.

Originally Posted by :
We're keeping the lunch train flowing (or does that only work for gravy trains?) with another pb&j fluffernutter sour. This one showcases the same base of lactose, peanut butter and fluff, but we tossed in an abundance of blackberry. The end result is the jammiest of jammy jams. Not overly thick, not too sweet, not too sour. Just a well-rounded peanut butter and jelly fluffernutter sandwi... errr... beer.

[Reply]
kstater 06:53 PM 08-26-2023
Surly Furious tonight

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:06 PM 08-27-2023
My homebrew club chartered a bus from PHX to Flagstaff yesterday for a day trip to hit their breweries

Flag is cool but the bus ride beers were amazing

Dark Sky Brewing

[Reply]
scho63 04:20 PM 08-27-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
My homebrew club chartered a bus from PHX to Flagstaff yesterday for a day trip to hit their breweries

Flag is cool but the bus ride beers were amazing

Dark Sky Brewing

You and Bearcat take craft beer to a whole different level. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:20 PM 08-27-2023

[Reply]
scho63 04:26 PM 08-27-2023
Drank more beer today than I have in a very long time.

Really liked this and it is so much better poured in a glass. Nice summertime beer.

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:01 PM 08-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)

What was truly great is that everyone was trying to flex a little. It was my first time meeting a lot of these guys so I brought some heavyweights and some dude brought a 5 gallon keg of 12% mead (he's a national mead award winner within that space) so the 2.5 hour ride home was pure hilarity

I know most chartered bus drivers have seen their fair share of shit, but Carlos saw some shit yesterday
[Reply]
scho63 05:03 PM 08-27-2023
No photos from inside the bus? :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 05:06 PM 08-27-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
No photos from inside the bus? :-)
You sure you want pics from inside the bus???

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:18 PM 08-27-2023

What was truly great is that everyone was trying to flex a little. It was my first time meeting a lot of these guys so I brought some heavyweights and some dude brought a 5 gallon keg of 12% mead (he's a national mead award winner within that space) so the 2.5 hour ride home was pure hilarity

I know most chartered bus drivers have seen their fair share of shit, but Carlos saw some shit yesterday

Was it all homebrewed stuff on the bus?

People get competitive about bottle shares..... and I tend to do the opposite unless I really know someone loves a certain style. I've shared enough heavy stouts with people who immediately say ugh, it's like drinking motor oil or even Drekker style sours that are 'too much'... I'll sit at home and enjoy the shit out of one before flexing some hard to find beer and someone says, meh.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:20 PM 08-27-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Drank more beer today than I have in a very long time.

Really liked this and it is so much better poured in a glass. Nice summertime beer.
I swear that beer popped up out of no where one day and then it was everywhere... and it's pretty solid, but seemed like it went from a complete unknown to nationally distributed in like a day.
[Reply]
scho63 09:00 PM 08-27-2023
I swear that beer popped up out of no where one day and then it was everywhere... and it's pretty solid, but seemed like it went from a complete unknown to nationally distributed in like a day.
Walmart did it
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:21 AM 08-28-2023

Was it all homebrewed stuff on the bus?

People get competitive about bottle shares..... and I tend to do the opposite unless I really know someone loves a certain style. I've shared enough heavy stouts with people who immediately say ugh, it's like drinking motor oil or even Drekker style sours that are 'too much'... I'll sit at home and enjoy the shit out of one before flexing some hard to find beer and someone says, meh.
Its was a good mix of both homebrew and commercial beers and I feel similar on beer shares. Most homebrewers that I know are older guys. Homebrewing reflects the same headwinds as the beer industry in general in a lack of interest from younger generations.

A good chuck of homebrew guys that I've met both here and in Chicago are more into lagers and traditional styles and not so much hype IPAs and big stouts so I definitely read the room when choosing what to bring along to share.

There were a couple really good homebrewed Oktoberfests onboard which I'm always down for.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:09 AM 08-28-2023
Because AB bought the brewery last September
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:24 AM 08-28-2023
Its was a good mix of both homebrew and commercial beers and I feel similar on beer shares. Most homebrewers that I know are older guys. Homebrewing reflects the same headwinds as the beer industry in general in a lack of interest from younger generations.

A good chuck of homebrew guys that I've met both here and in Chicago are more into lagers and traditional styles and not so much hype IPAs and big stouts so I definitely read the room when choosing what to bring along to share.

There were a couple really good homebrewed Oktoberfests onboard which I'm always down for.
Easier to make, too (or maybe I just sucked at it)... I once made a pretty decent IPA, buy stouts were all over the place and never in a good way.

Sounds like a blast.

Met a couple from Chicago at Barreled Souls and they were just doing a beer weekend... huge stout fans and do all the lottery things in Chicago, made the pilgrimage to TG, had quite the itinerary for the weekend (I only went to Lone Pine, Bissell, and then Barreled Souls twice.. don't think Allagash and others would have done it for me).
[Reply]
Page 372 of 382
« First < 272322362368369370371372 373374375376 > Last »
Up