ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 332 of 382
« First < 232282322328329330331332 333334335336342 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 01:49 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Sounds like a BBT package is heading to Chicago?
Yeah I'm meeting my dad in STL to drive him up to Chicago for Thanksgiving so figured I'd try for a BBT package while there. Fortunately I remembered my shop password in time.

Are you heading over?
[Reply]
phisherman 01:51 PM 11-01-2021
I'm not sure yet. I got the 2nd pickup weekend but a local buddy is picking that up. He'll likely grab my La Coterie bottles too. Unless my family wants to do StL for Thanksgiving (always a possibility), I probably won't be back there until around Christmas.
[Reply]
philfree 04:39 PM 11-01-2021
Not sure it fits here but I found a good "light beer". Dogfish Head Slightly Mighty Low Cal IPA. 95 Cals and 3.6 carbs. It's pretty good!
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:56 PM 11-05-2021
Someone asked if I wanted any beer in Portland.... St. Louis beer, of course. :-)

[Reply]
lewdog 04:52 PM 11-06-2021
Can is better than the beer taste. Oh well, worth a shot. Love the Firestone 805. Seems like a more refined Dos Equis Amber.

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:00 PM 11-06-2021
Yeah, think I googled that at the beer store and it didn't have great reviews, but I still kind of wanted to buy it for the can.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:02 PM 11-06-2021
Drinking a KBS Espresso right now...good shit
[Reply]
lewdog 05:02 PM 11-06-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, think I googled that at the beer store and it didn't have great reviews, but I still kind of wanted to buy it for the can.
Definitely not good, and I like sours. I'll give you the can though! Let's do some beer tasting at Ground Control (I'm serious). If we meet up, we can even tell CP you skipped out again!
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:17 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Fortunately for you, there's also a Revolution Deep Woods release that weekend you should be interested in. Public sales typically go on sale the Tuesday before the release on their website, but you can sign up for their newsletter or I can post the details here confirming.

https://revbrew.com/a-warming-winter-in-the-deep-wood

What's even better than their releases are the goodies they put on tap that weekend.
Here's the tap variants at Rev for anyone stopping by the release during Prop weekend.

VERY SPECIAL VANILLA DETH JACKET (ABV to come)
A blend of Jim Beam Distiller's Masterpiece Bourbon French oak PX Sherry finish-aged Stout and Barleywine, and two Vanilla Deth "money barrels" – one dosed with three pounds of bourbon-soaked Papua New Guinea. vanilla beans, and another stuffed with toasted Forêt de Tronçais French oak. Lumber-derived vanilla soars above a torrent of sweet caramel, date, and softened roast. Pinkies up, kiddos.

VERY SPECIAL OLD FLAK JACKET - SINGLE BARREL (14.5%)
A single Heaven Hill barrel of sweet component Barleywine and dry component Ryewine aged three years, and a couple hosefuls of twice-barreled dry Barlewine, just as a treat. Cooked sugar, Shvanilla, and enough maple to warrant dual citizenship in Canada make an amicable rukus before a prompt finish compliments of three years resting in American oak.

Rum Barrel V.S.O.J. (15.8%)
Unblended sweet component Barleywine aged in a pair of sopping wet Great Lakes Distilling Rum barrels for three years. Familial expressions of malt sweetness and time resonate within a chasm beset by towering walls of barrel and spirit.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:23 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Definitely not good, and I like sours. I'll give you the can though! Let's do some beer tasting at Ground Control (I'm serious). If we meet up, we can even tell CP you skipped out again!
:-)

I just checked out their draft list and it's actually.... bad. Surprised they don't have a few more stouts... or... good stouts, for mid-November.

I'm not just saying that to get out of of a CP meetup, even though it's something I'd totally say to get out of a CP meetup.

We can figure out a weekend though.

You know, in vague terms, sometime. :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 05:04 PM 11-11-2021

This might appeal to some of our dessert/super sweet beer drinkers in this thread. 14.6abv is always going to pique my interest. It was decidedly not for me, so damn sweet and syrupy that I couldn't do more than three drinks and I pitched it in favor of that box wine behind in the shot. Seems to be getting decent reviews on untappd so this probably just isn't my cup of tea. Or beer for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:09 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:

This might appeal to some of our dessert/super sweet beer drinkers in this thread. 14.6abv is always going to pique my interest. It was decidedly not for me, so damn sweet and syrupy that I couldn't do more than three drinks and I pitched it in favor of that box wine behind in the shot. Seems to be getting decent reviews on untappd so this probably just isn't my cup of tea. Or beer for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just had one as well...I finished the bottle and will finish the 4 pk because of the price but it will take me a while. Would have been better as a stout I think, but I agree way too sweet.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:40 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I just had one as well...I finished the bottle and will finish the 4 pk because of the price but it will take me a while. Would have been better as a stout I think, but I agree way too sweet.
Yeah, I hate to throw money away but I just was not in the mood for that stone sober. I will end up drinking the others at some point I'd guess, but I need a buzz from something else first.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:08 PM 11-11-2021
Didn't realize that was a Brown Ale, hmm.... they've been granted the benefit of the doubt after Magic Drip, so waiting for it to hit shelves along with the holiday pack thing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:36 PM 11-12-2021
Pictorial of Chicago $tout $eason

Day 1

3Floyds Dark Lord package + new BA coffee stout they released

[Reply]
Page 332 of 382
« First < 232282322328329330331332 333334335336342 > Last »
Up