ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 200 of 2688
« First < 100150190196197198199200 2012022032042102503007001200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 01:56 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Brett Favre is a myth. He had a three or four year run where he was one of the the best to ever do it and then he had 15 years of Cutler-esque performances.
Elway never had any years like Favre. In fact, Favre threw more TD's than Elway's career high (27) ten times :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:07 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Elway never had any years like Favre. In fact, Favre threw more TD's than Elway's career high (27) ten times :-)
Elway's stats weren't very good. He went to 5 Super Bowls and retired as the winningest QB in NFL history though so he must've been doing something right.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:25 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Elway's stats weren't very good. He went to 5 Super Bowls and retired as the winningest QB in NFL history though so he must've been doing something right.
What he was doing right was handing it off to Terrell Owens.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:46 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
:-). Terrell Owens??? I think you mean Davis. Pretty sure that ElFraud, or any quarterback for that matter, never handed off many balls to Terrell Owens.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:49 PM 06-02-2017

[Reply]
-King- 02:56 PM 06-02-2017
Uh... I'd take Big Ben over Favre.

9th all time in efficiency, 8th in consecutive games with a TD pass, 3 time super bowl QB, 2 time winner. Guy is fantastic.

I hate his big stupid fat face, but he rapes defenses, too, and has every season.
I think favre is overrated and chokes in the playoffs, but he's still better than Ben roethlisberger. Ben is a terrible playoff QB for all intents and purposes.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ChiefGator 03:50 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think favre is overrated and chokes in the playoffs, but he's still better than Ben roethlisberger. Ben is a terrible playoff QB for all intents and purposes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, it is hard to be super bowl champ.. only one team a year, so for all tents and porpoises, all QB's except for Brady are bad playoff QBs.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:55 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Well, it is hard to be super bowl champ.. only one team a year, so for all tents and porpoises, all QB's except for Brady are bad playoff QBs.
Bullshit. There only is, and only ever has been, one playoff QB liability. But it's OK, WE'RE trying something different!!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:13 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Oooh, In your face !
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:29 PM 06-02-2017
I was watching the Cards/Cubs game today, and I thought that Tim McCarver made a pretty good analogy that can be related to QBs.

He was referencing Molina, and he said that it was his willingness to attempt the tough throws and plays that set him apart. He was specifically talking about throwing back door down to first base with runners in scoring position. McCarver went on to say, "Most guys just won't attempt to make those plays, they play it safe, and they're just solid... but its the guys like Yadi who will take those chances who make the game changing plays and set themselves apart..."

Thought it was a really good way of comparing baseball to what is happening with the Chiefs. Alex is the safe, solid catcher who just won't mess it up on his own... but he isn't making the plays to get you over the top, either.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:51 PM 06-02-2017
Some doofus friend of mine who hated the Mahomes pick (and still does) was having his period over the mini-camp INT. I pointed out the progress and effort both on his part and the part of the coaches. He said, "Yeah, well, Tim Tebow put in a lot of effort, too, and he never learned how to really play QB."

I'm thinking about raping his entire family (even the dog) to punish him for being so dumb. The Broncos from day one had Tebow working with private coaches on REBUILDING everything he was as a QB. Tebow literally had to RE-LEARN how to throw a fucking football in addition to the footwork and accumulating knowledge of a pro style offense. Mahomes doesn't need ANYTHING fixed about how he throws the football, because he already possesses precision and accuracy in addition to throwing velocity. Mahomes is being coached through familiarity and experience, not through unlearning and re-learning. Thus, you can get FOUR different coaches yelling at him (Reid, Nagy, Kafka, Childress) while not sending him mixed messages:

Originally Posted by :
Every Kansas City Chiefs practice during offseason training activities features a familiar scene, a nearly deserted playing field dotted with a handful of players putting in extra work on an aspect of their game.

Without fail, rookie quarterback Patrick Mahomes is among the last to head to the locker room at the end of the day.

“These veterans are guys who have been around the league, been in the league or have been very successful,” Mahomes said of his quarterback mates Alex Smith and Tyler Bray. “In order to be like them, I’ve got to really go as hard as they do and catch up to them.”

Mahomes never appears lonely on the practice field. Offensive coordinator Matt Nagy and offensive quality control coach — as well as former Andy Reid QB pupil — Mike Kafka frequently work directly with Mahomes during or after practice. Reid and assistant head coach Brad Childress also have one-on-one talks with the rookie during practice.

[Reply]
RealSNR 05:52 PM 06-02-2017
Although it'd probably be best for Mahomes in the long run if we kept Brad Childress away from him as much as possible.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:04 PM 06-02-2017
I guess no bombs to JMac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:39 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Holy shit... If this thread is any indication of how discussions are going to be had about Mahomes, we're going to be wishing we still had the Alex Smith conversations on here by 2019. People are seriously critiquing and being discouraged by his rookie OTA performances? gtfo
The fuck we will.

Heads will roll and blood will flow, no prisoners taken with such weak-assed bitches.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:00 PM 06-02-2017
Mahomes looks a lot like Derek Carr imo

He seems to have a very good head on his shoulders too.
[Reply]
Page 200 of 2688
« First < 100150190196197198199200 2012022032042102503007001200 > Last »
Up