ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 198 of 2688
« First < 98148188194195196197198 1992002012022082482986981198 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:18 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
You know who hasnt thrown a NFL touchdown?? PATRICK MAHOMES
Patrick Mahomes II will be throwing plenty of touchdowns in the NFL. He will throw more touchdowns in 2018 than Alex Smith 2017.
[Reply]
threebag 06:24 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
Aaron Rogers has stated more than once he throws a lot of picks at practice so he learns his limits. He likes to test his ability.

We talk'in bout practice. Not a game. Practice.
Hopefully Picksix Mahomes II learns from his mistakes
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:28 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Three7s:
Do you think Smith and Cassel are on the same level?
No I do not. I was referencing their mutual status as "Pro Bowlers".

I do however hate both of them equally.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:30 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Yeah, hopefully he'll learn how to be a gutless, scared pussy of a QB from The Great Smith.

Get the fuck outta' here with that bullshit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:39 AM 06-02-2017
Rookie QB from a fucked up college system in your first scoring scrimmage of your first NFL mini-camp? If you throw a pick, you're dead to me!

1000-year NFL vet QB who plays like a gutless scared pussy and consistently comes up short when the going gets tough in the playoffs? I LOVE YOU
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:45 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Rookie QB from a fucked up college system in your first scoring scrimmage of your first NFL mini-camp? If you throw a pick, you're dead to me!

1000-year NFL vet QB who plays like a gutless scared pussy and consistently comes up short when the going gets tough in the playoffs? I LOVE YOU
Yep.

May Mahomes continually chafe the ass of Trufus Dawes and all his ilk, those who would bitch about missing the playoffs but have nothing to say when their game managing princess does his usual bang-up job of getting the team knocked the fuck right out of said playoffs.

Fuck 'em.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:55 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Comparing him to Jay Cutler is ridiculous. Not even the same type of player.
Correct. Cutler was much more polished coming out of college.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:35 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Do you say stupid shit just to say it?
[Reply]
Messier 07:39 AM 06-02-2017
He was a finished product, and stayed what he was. Didn't seem to want to get better. Mahomes seems to want to get better, and will most likely become a much better QB than he was in college.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:03 AM 06-02-2017
Yeah! I mean Cutler was known for being a LEADER and making his team mates BETTER!

FFS, we have gone full retard............

BTW, throwing interceptions happens when you're a "gun slinger" but, let me guess you wouldn't have taken Farve because of this?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:17 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
After Pat threw the pick six, he spent 15 minutes working on his footwork and reviewing the play with Mike Kafka before speaking with the media. Pat was rolling left and threw against his body, which is a big no no in the NFL but is easy to get away with in college.

I hate agreeing with Keitzman bc he's a POS, but he's right about Mahomes error yesterday.

Mahomes was never taught to throw the ball away at TTU ever and he was always being taught to "get it and go" from the spread system. A lot of that was probably due to having to score every time he has the ball or else they lose.

This is the Jay Cutler in him and it's clear that Andy is going to Coach the hell out of him at all times to erase that habit out of his head and teach him to play good football.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's given a true redshirt year by being the 3rd QB this season working with Mike Kafka full time and learning from Andy and Alex in meetings.
Don't know why anyone would be surprised by the fact that the staff view this season for Pat as unavailable with the plan for him to be working with the coaches and fixing his learning to adjust to the Pro game.

If the kid is an uncut diamond, there's no benefit trying to force him into a setting to put him on display. Put in the time and work to cut and polish his game so he can shine instead of rushing to show off the jewel of this organization's draft class.

It's pretty apparent Pat has some areas that need significant fixing and correcting. Footwork, when to throw it away vs when to take chances. That's a bit more than just getting up to speed, and it doesn't benefit the team or Pat to rush him.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:18 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
You know who doesn't throw that many picks? ALEX SMITH!!
In practice... he certainly does.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:23 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It's not a bad thing that he's throwing picks bc he's learning. The point is that he might not even be the backup QB this year and most posters are going to bitch about it despite it being the right decision.

The INT's in practice show that Mahomes has a long way to go. Trent Green said he would be surprised if Mahomes was the backup QB this season. I agree with him.
INTs and mistakes aren't a red flag.

The red flag is repeating the same dumb mistakes over and over.

That's what doomed Cutler into failing to pan out. Along with a shitty attitude, issues with coachability, and poor ability to work with teammates or be a team leader. Ultimately, it was the inability to stop repeating mistakes or caring about fixing it.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:33 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
:-) :-)

It is just practice- but let's run him out of town for a meaningless pickoff during his first action. I guess you think KK is right- 2PM is a LOSER?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:34 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

BTW, throwing interceptions happens when you're a "gun slinger" but, let me guess you wouldn't have taken Farve because of this?
I'd love to have the mid-90's version of Brett Favre, but I'd pass on everything before and after that time period.
[Reply]
Page 198 of 2688
« First < 98148188194195196197198 1992002012022082482986981198 > Last »
Up