ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs traded into top 10 who would you want them to draft?
ForeverChiefs58 10:22 AM 02-22-2024
I’m all in on the beast LT Joe Alt. His dad was a beast for chiefs as well!

Who would you get? Kelce replacement Bowers would be great as well. The 2 TE set would make defenses lose sleep.

Would you try to replace Jones or Sneed?

Or give mahomes a dream WR?

But protecting our best player Mahomes should be a requirement, and we need better replacements at LT and RT.
[Reply]
wannaGOback 01:13 AM 03-03-2024
Adonai Mitchell.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:52 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
6'3 TE's don't impress me much. And he's a light build 6'3 TE.
That don't impress MoChief much (han han, uh-uh)
So you got the brains, but have you got the touch?
Now, don't get me wrong, yeah, he thinks you're alright
But that won't keep MoChiefs warm in the middle of the night
That don't impress Mo much
(Han han, uh-uh) uh-huh, yeah, yeah
(Han han, uh-uh)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:52 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
They tagged Michael pitman jr also which would be a great trade swap
If we're moving Sneed it's bc we can't make the contract work so I don't think Pittman fits bc he'd be just as expensive.

But say we could move Sneed + 5th for #15 + 6th I'd happily take Thomas Jr @ #15.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 09:55 PM 03-12-2024
I wonder if chiefs are exploring moving up to get their all star LT?
[Reply]
wannaGOback 11:32 PM 03-12-2024
I wonder if chiefs are exploring moving up to get their all star LT?
If chiefs could get alt at 8-10 that would be the pick I would take. I’m assuming he’s gone. don’t think others are that worth the trade up, even in the 15-25 range.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 08:06 AM 03-13-2024
I wouldn’t be surprised if they are talked to titans about contingencies on pick #7 if Alt makes it there. Not sure costs, but I’m sure they’ve done their homework and checked.

Just not sure where they’ll go for such an important position protecting the most important man in football.

Tampa SB loss was because our o-line was in shambles. Even mahomes couldn’t overcome it on his own. A team HAS to have blocking. Why would Elvis Grbac, Rich Gannon, Trent Green, or anyone else deserve a better online and more protection than the very greatest to ever play, and most expensive and important investment?

A lot of early season struggles last year were o-line settling in. You could see mahomes antsy early like he was in Tampa sb, not sure if he’ll get right blocking. Once Taylor and Smith settled in better, our offense started really clicking much better.

How many times during season did you scream at Taylor?
By the time playoffs came, I was defending him.

Not sure answer is in FA because we couldn’t even afford another Taylor contract, let alone a great LT money.

If chiefs believe Alt is like his dad and can be that anchor for a savings like drafting a qb, then I hope they go get him. He could transform our oline.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:09 AM 03-13-2024
Rome Odunze

Sorry I'm trading away what it'll take to go that high for a LT...it's gotta be for a playmaker.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:55 PM 03-13-2024
If we get up that high I think it would have to be for an OT.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 06:03 PM 03-13-2024
I go with the legacy guy if he was still available, Joe Alt.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:13 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
I go with the legacy guy if he was still available, Joe Alt.

We are talking top 10 "as in pick 10" Alt will be gone so, my vote would be Taliese Fuaga.:-)

However, we will not be throwing draft capitol away to move up to get him. That would be foolish and Mike Ditka stupid (See Ricky Williams).

Stay put and see how the cards fall. IF, in range, possibly move up X slots to get the play maker you desire - In Veach I trust.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:43 PM 03-13-2024
It would have to be a WR (Harrison, Nabers) or OT that has fallen (Alt, Fashanu). I don’t think I’d do that for Bowers or Odunze.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 06:01 PM 03-14-2024
Life comes at you pretty fast. It helps to be prepared

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:42 AM 03-16-2024
I'd be all in on Joe Alt, it would free up huge money for 5 years, the LT position would be solid and his dad being a former Chief you gotta know he'd be special and play his heart out. We can find a WR in a later round. Joe Alt is special
[Reply]
kccrow 08:18 AM 03-16-2024
Life comes at you pretty fast. It helps to be prepared

Coincidentally, Corey Davis is coming back after a 1-year hiatus. Kind of interested if I'm being honest.
[Reply]
wannaGOback 03:50 AM 03-17-2024
Here’s a name nobody’s talked about…Dallas Turner. Nasty speed. Who needs Sneed when we blitz every other play and this guy and Jones are pressuring the others?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up