ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who's already geeked for the possible three-peat?
JohnnyHammersticks 12:25 PM 02-12-2024
Usually I like to watch a couple days of highlights after our Super Bowl wins (talk about words I never thought my fingers would type! :-)) and then focus on free agency and the draft. I like to decompress a bit from thinking about what next season will bring.

Not this time though. We have a chance to do something no other NFL team has ever done, and I can't wait. Packers didn't do it, Steelers didn't do it, Niners didn't do it, Patriots didn't do it. Nobody has done it. Ever. We would be the first team to win 3 straight SBs, and I couldn't be more stoked about it. Next season can't get here soon enough!
[Reply]
Fishels 01:42 AM 02-14-2024
Honestly no. My mind is still healing from such a crazy post season I find it hard to look forward. This is the first time I’ve been glad the offseason is here.

And being back to back champs deserves a lot of celebration before we move on
[Reply]
njchiefs 05:44 AM 02-14-2024
Does anybody think that the possibility of a three-peat will persuade Chris Jones to accept a bit less with his contract in order to achieve immortality?
[Reply]
Rausch 06:03 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
Does anybody think that the possibility of a three-peat will persuade Chris Jones to accept a bit less with his contract in order to achieve immortality?
No.

That said I've been on the 3Peat train since we won the SB in 22. The young depth on D was there. Coaching staff and QB were there. The foundation is young and locked in - all we need is a tweak here or there at tackle or WR. We stay healthy and this shit is locked in.

It's inevitable...
[Reply]
Rausch 06:06 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I wish next season would start the Monday after the draft ends.

I can feel the three-peat all the way down in my plums. They're getting all swolen, with a light red hue. Fresh and juicy, ready for the picking.
This. I can't see a team in the league that with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter is stopping Mahomes. The teams that might have the D to slow him don't have the QB to hang...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:49 PM 02-14-2024
This is now the official threepeat thread.

Here's another reason why.

Travis Kelce reached a top speed of 19.68 mph on his 22-yard reception to set up the Chiefs' game-tying field goal, Kelce's fastest speed as a ball carrier over the last seven seasons.#SuperBowlLVIII | #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/2R3b6kbNjJ

— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) February 12, 2024

[Reply]
ping2000 11:01 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
I would have a poster of Tyreek and Chavarious Ward hung up in the negotiation room.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:32 AM 03-27-2024
Would anyone have believed this was a real video if somebody from the future posted it 10 years ago?

[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:12 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Would anyone have believed this was a real video if somebody from the future posted it 10 years ago?
Anyone who picks against the Chiefs at this point is a fool. As Mahomes said, "The Chiefs are never underdogs".
[Reply]
loochy 09:19 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is now the official threepeat thread.

Here's another reason why.

Who would have thought a dad bod could run that fast?

[Reply]
Rain Man 12:22 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
Who would have thought a dad bod could run that fast?

And the weird thing is that if he was chasing Patrick Mahomes II, Patrick's speed would have been 19.71 mph.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:42 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
This is why the people in this forum who constantly bitch about moves Veach makes (we all know who they are) are so mind-boggling to me. This run is soooooooo much more than I ever expected to see in my lifetime. If as a Chiefs fan you can't just sit back and enjoy what you're seeing and trust the organization - you have failed the game of life.

If when we three-peat, we'll be known as the greatest team in NFL history until someone equals and/or surpasses a 3-peat. If someone would've told me ten years ago that I'd type that sentence unironically, I'd have called a mental institution to come put them in a padded cell.
[Reply]
Bump 12:47 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
This is why the people in this forum who constantly bitch about moves Veach makes (we all know who they are) are so mind-boggling to me. This run is soooooooo much more than I ever expected to see in my lifetime. If as a Chiefs fan you can't just sit back and enjoy what you're seeing and trust the organization - you have failed the game of life.

If when we three-peat, we'll be known as the greatest team in NFL history until someone equals and/or surpasses a 3-peat. If someone would've told me ten years ago that I'd type that sentence unironically, I'd have called a mental institution to come put them in a padded cell.
for real, it's hard not to trust Veach after the 3 Superbowls in 5 years thing. Well 3 wins in 5 years, we went to 4. First team winning just back to back in almost 20 years. Oh we didn't keep Sneed! Well our former GM's woulda not tagged him and let him walk for absolutely nothing!
[Reply]
Wallymo 12:52 PM 03-27-2024
Would you rather:

1. Three-peat; or
2. Win two superbowls in the next five years.

Is the uniqueness of the three-peat more important than getting the frachise to six superbowl championships?

I think I would pick option #2 (assuming winning more than 2 in 5 years is not on the table). While we all know Patrick is already the best quarterback to ever do it, getting to Brady would force even the biggest critic to acknowledge his goatness. But it's a damn tough choice if forced to make it. What a time to be alive!
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:56 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
Would you rather:

1. Three-peat; or

Is the uniqueness of the three-peat more important than getting the frachise to six superbowl championships?

I think I would pick option #2 (assuming winning more than 2 in 5 years is not on the table). While we all know Patrick is already the best quarterback to ever do it, getting to Brady would force even the biggest critic to acknowledge his goatness. But it's a damn tough choice if forced to make it. What a time to be alive!
I think either one of them continues to build the "greatest dynasty ever" case of evidence.

I fully expect both to happen, but I guess I'd rather win two Super Bowls than one when it comes down to it.
[Reply]
Bump 01:00 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
Would you rather:

1. Three-peat; or

3 peat because it's never been done before and I like seeing my favorite team do things that never has been done before. But I know we don't have to settle and it will be entirely possible to win more after that.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up