ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>RB's.
Chris Meck 10:30 AM 01-01-2024
I tell you what-

I know the position is undervalued, but Pacheco is an awfully important piece of this offense now, and moving forward. He's also going to wear down fast.

I'd like to address the RB2/split time spot in this draft. Mckinnon is probably close to done, and Clyde is not an answer long-term.

Who do you like? I'm not saying first round, or even second-but by the mid rounds, I'd be looking for an all-around back to split time with Pacheco.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:16 AM 01-02-2024
How high would you guys like to see Veach spend a draft pick on a RB?

Let's say we start talking about a Will Shipley, he's a 3rd round pick at worst.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:33 AM 01-02-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:

Let's say we start talking about a Will Shipley, he's a 3rd round pick at worst.
3rd day only. The Chiefs have too many other needs that are of higher priority than a RB to pair with Pacheco. In no particular order, WR-OT-DT and TE would be higher priority in the draft.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:33 AM 01-02-2024
Will Shipley out of Clemson gives me visions of CMC/Kamara/Gibbs versatility
I like Shipley a lot and don't think Clemson did a very good job utlizing him.
[Reply]
Palangi 11:41 AM 01-02-2024

Shipley may fall a little after the injury
[Reply]
kccrow 11:56 AM 01-02-2024
Originally Posted by Palangi:
Shipley may fall a little after the injury
MRI confirmed no structural damage and no surgery needed so he'll be okay I think.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:09 PM 01-02-2024
My boy Jacory Croskey-Merritt is going back to school I guess.

I am really, really high on Emani Bailey, especially if we don't opt to pick up a vet receiving back in FA. I just don't think Veach and Reid would keep two smaller backs on the roster if they do pick up a guy like, say, Chase Edmonds (really high on him to replace McKinnon).

The guy who looks like a Veach-style late-round value pick is Kendall Milton out of Georgia. Big back with a good accelerator.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:42 PM 01-02-2024
I like Gibson, Penny, Zeke, or Jacobs in FA. In the draft Bucky Irving would be interesting, but I'm more in favor of a later round target like Gore Jr or Jaylen Wright. Wright had 7.4 yards per run in the SEC, how is he not better than a 7th rounder? Genuinely curious.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:23 AM 01-03-2024
Agreed. I like Jaylen wright a lot. I wouldn’t pursue a FA rb either. This class is stacked up with talent. And guys like Keaton Mitchell go undrafted.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:30 AM 01-03-2024
I'd look at a late round/UDFA take on Keilan Robinson. He can fill the role McKinnon filled. He's also a good pass protector and was elite as a gunner on special teams.
[Reply]
iSavedLatin 01:02 PM 01-03-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I like Gibson, Penny, Zeke, or Jacobs in FA. In the draft Bucky Irving would be interesting, but I'm more in favor of a later round target like Gore Jr or Jaylen Wright. Wright had 7.4 yards per run in the SEC, how is he not better than a 7th rounder? Genuinely curious.
Wright reminds me of Deneric Prince in that he has a lot of physical tools, but seems to lack vision. If there's a tackler in front of him, he's bound to run into them instead of around or through them.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:20 PM 01-03-2024
We didn’t watch the same video on wright. I was wondering if he had off the field problems bc his vision looked really good in the videos I saw.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:28 PM 01-03-2024
Liking this guy a lot...

Emani Bailey

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:25 AM 01-04-2024
I’d suspect Weight is suffering from some anti-Heupel system bias.

That system is pretty gimicky and creates a lot of advantageous looks for RB (up-tempo, spread the field)

Heupel is also a shit bag who has no shame running it up and padding stats.

What did Wright’s numbers look like against good SEC defenses?

The only one he put up numbers against was UGA, and that was garbage time production in a blowout loss.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:39 PM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’d suspect Weight is suffering from some anti-Heupel system bias.

That system is pretty gimicky and creates a lot of advantageous looks for RB (up-tempo, spread the field)

Heupel is also a shit bag who has no shame running it up and padding stats.

What did Wright’s numbers look like against good SEC defenses?

The only one he put up numbers against was UGA, and that was garbage time production in a blowout loss.
THIS is the intel I'm looking for, very interesting, thank you! I recall Jaylen Hyatt getting similar black marks, but he still went in the 1st or 2nd round?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:15 PM 01-05-2024

No earlier than 3rd, I'd think. If that.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up