ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Left Tackles
Titty Meat 11:21 PM 01-19-2024
Y'all want to ride with Smith for another year or give Morris a chance? Because there's probably several good to decent prospects who likely will be there when the Chiefs pick.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:11 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
People would at least be considering the cost of acquiring him.

As it stands "We're going to trade of for Alt" seems to be done with NO consideration of just exactly what that would cost.

We'd essentially gut 2 years worth of drafts to do that. Nobody's doing that for Joe Smith. Nobody's even considering it.
You'd literally need him to fall to 8 or 9 and then you're talking 2 1's...and some change like a 2 or a 3 and a 4 etc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:16 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You'd literally need him to fall to 8 or 9 and then you're talking 2 1's...and some change like a 2 or a 3 and a 4 etc.
One of the greatest competitive advantages that come with having a Franchise QB is that you NEVER have to make a move like that.

You don't have to give up 2 full drafts for a single player. You don't have to tank an entire season.

And the surest way to piss that away is by doing it anyway.

You just don't make a move 20+ places in the first round when you have a quarterback. Honestly, even for Marvin Harrison Jr it wouldn't make much sense. The only way you could even justify that is if you think the guy is Julio Jones and is going to go out there and destroy creation in week 1.

And I've not been that confident about a WR ever. Even Julio didn't have me that hot and bothered. Maybe if Megatron 2.0 was in the draft but even then you've seen guys that measure like Calvin did and they still aren't Calvin Johnson.

I just can't see a scenario whereby it made sense. If something catastrophic like a Mahomes injury happened and we ended up drafting 14 or something - sure, move some major assets to move up from 14 to 5 and get your blue-chipper.

But the cost to move up from 32 when teams already mark your future picks down by virtue of your relative dominance of late is just WAY too prohibitive.
[Reply]
Balto 12:26 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I think they may too but its all about measurables and has nothing to do with LT or RT designations. But theres still so few with the right measurable. It's going to be a bitch.
I agree and you always hear about Reid/Veach tackles must have long arms.

Wayna Morris: 35.125
Darian Kinnard: 35
Lucas Niang: 34.25

OT's they signed or went after:
Trent Williams: 34.25
Jawaan Taylor: 35.25
Orland Brown: 35
Donovan Smith: 34.4

2024 Tackles:
Joe Alt: 34.25
Amarius Mims: 36.125
Troy Fautanu: 34.5
Tyler Guyton: 34.125
Patrick Paul: 36.25
Taliese Fuaga: 33.125(I'd guess he is off Veach's board)
Olumuyuwa Fashanu: 34
Kingsley Suamataia: 34.25
Jordan Morgan: 32.875(For sure off the board even if people are mocking him at 32)
Blake Fisher: 34.375

Of course tie in split times and you can start to weed down an idea "Veach" OT.

Have I said how much I LOVE Mims and his upside!!!! Could be the perfect storm for us! Mims drops because of experience and allows Veach to trade up and get him. Could easily end up the best OT in the draft!
[Reply]
Mecca 12:29 PM 04-24-2024
I actually think the Chiefs probably really like Patrick Paul..
[Reply]
Toad 12:34 PM 04-24-2024
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:49 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'd argue he should be.

Maybe his length isn't ideal, especially for the Chiefs. But man, he's a smooth, experienced, good pass protector with good athleticism and strength.

Maybe he isn't the LT you love long-term. But shoot, you can throw him into the mix with the expectation that he can smoothly transition to guard in 2025 if LT isn't a long-term home.

It makes a lot of sense to me.
Morgan could be an elite guard if he doesn’t work out at LT? Is he strong enough? He obviously has the athleticism.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:53 PM 04-24-2024
I wouldn't be against it at all.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:41 AM 04-25-2024
I do too. I could see him being the pick even with all the clucking about value.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:22 AM 04-25-2024
My ideal scenario is we stay at 32 and Guyton is there for the taking. Or somebody better, but I think Guyton is the most realistic, and I think he's going to be a damn good player.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:44 AM 04-25-2024
Guyton just screams proto-typical Ravens OT.
[Reply]
VAChief 07:33 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Morgan could be an elite guard if he doesn’t work out at LT? Is he strong enough? He obviously has the athleticism.
As someone else pointed out, his arms are only 1/8 inch shorter than Rashawn Slater and I think we would have no problem sticking him at LT.

Our line depth is so pitiful, I wouldn't mind them taking a couple in this draft. Take Morgan early and someone like Paul, Fisher or the Yale kid later. Move up in the second to get a WR you like.

Put Morgan at LT this year and let the developmental tackles battle it out with Morris as a swing or future LT then move Morgan to LG to replace Thuney.

Morgan is going to be better than anything we have had since Fisher over there. He might not be all pro, but he will be enough to let Patrick be Patrick.
[Reply]
Balto 07:43 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:
As someone else pointed out, his arms are only 1/8 inch shorter than Rashawn Slater and I think we would have no problem sticking him at LT.

Our line depth is so pitiful, I wouldn't mind them taking a couple in this draft. Take Morgan early and someone like Paul, Fisher or the Yale kid later. Move up in the second to get a WR you like.

Put Morgan at LT this year and let the developmental tackles battle it out with Morris as a swing or future LT then move Morgan to LG to replace Thuney.

Morgan is going to be better than anything we have had since Fisher over there. He might not be all pro, but he will be enough to let Patrick be Patrick.
I just don’t agree about Morgan. I just don’t see Veach taking a 32 arm length tackle and a guard in the 1st with a need at OT and WR? Just don’t see it man.
[Reply]
Balto 07:47 AM 04-25-2024
I agree and I could see Veach having two plans…..1). Trade up for a tackle(Mims or Fautanu) OR 2) Trade down and take Mims early/mid 2nd round.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:29 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
I agree and I could see Veach having two plans…..1). Trade up for a tackle(Mims or Fautanu) OR 2) Trade down and take Mims early/mid 2nd round.
I agree with this, but I don't think we're going to be able to trade up on the terms that the other teams will be demanding. I don't think Mims will be available in the mid 2nd round though.

I expect the Chiefs to trade back with #32 & #64 so that we have 2 picks in the early-mid 2nd round where we'll take a pretty good OT and WR.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Up